Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol - Dublin - 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nmb2010

Hope this is allowed. I have a spare ticket for standing for tonight if anybody wants it, face value or I'll shave of a fiver if you're wearing an Interpol tshirt ;). No messers. Will meet at venue but no later than 7.45 please. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Akrasia wrote: »
    Awesome gig last night. The lads are in top form,the Olympia is by far my favourite venue and the support act were really good.

Get there early to get wristbands for the pit and you're gonna have a good time

What time would you have to get the wristbands at :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What time would you have to get the wristbands at :)?
    I walked in around 20 mins after the doors opened last night and I got one no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I personally thought Health were the worst band I've ever seen.

That aside, Interpol were fantastic. Easily the best of the 4 times I've seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cmc81

Ahh .. Can't find tickets for tomorrow night! Can anyone remember when they were posted out? Might help jog my memory as to what safe place I have put them in :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Brilliant gig from Interpol tonight. Excellent mix of old and new tunes. I nearly came in me pants during 'Not Even Jail'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well, that was f*cking class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Brilliant gig! My first time seeing them live and I wasnt disappointed!
    Health were also very good I thought.
    Afterparty in The Workmans was great, got chatting to the drummer from Health while waiting to get served at the bar, really nice chap!
    Also got a sweaty smooch on the cheek from Sam Fogarino!!
    My life is complete :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Anyone know of an afterparty tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Great gig last night, like the others said it was a good mix of old and new. Got. My pit wristband at half seven when we got to the Olympia. Would have been nice if there was an interval as I needed to hit and miss and also top up my drink!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mcw100 wrote: »
    Hope we don't cramp your style.. Now where's my walking stick ? 😜

I'm old meself :) Just found it a strange demographic going by the crowd in Foggy Dew is all.

dia squish wrote: »
    Anyone know of an afterparty tonight?

As far as I know, Wednesday night was the only night Sam was djing afterwards. Not sure about any pubs having an after party

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

What's the latest you can get in? (Standing ticket)

Only interested in seeing Interpol and want to get dinner before I go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

e92335i wrote: »
    What's the latest you can get in? (Standing ticket)

Only interested in seeing Interpol and want to get dinner before I go in.

It has been said earlier in this thread that Interpol take to the stage shortly after 9!

I'd be there for 9 if I was you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 superman76

Brilliant gig! My first time seeing them live and I wasnt disappointed!
    Health were also very good I thought.
    Afterparty in The Workmans was great, got chatting to the drummer from Health while waiting to get served at the bar, really nice chap!
    Also got a sweaty smooch on the cheek from Sam Fogarino!!
    My life is complete :-)

Great gig, the lights were cool but a bit distracting at times. Was in the circle and had a hard time seeing the band their was so much going on. walked past the workmans to wait till the crowd died down and bumped into Daniel Kessler and walked/followed him across the grattan bridge. Seemed nice but I Prob freaked him out yapping his ear off with my pints in me. Ended the night in the workingmans.

superman76 wrote: »
    Great gig, the lights were cool but a bit distracting at times. Was in the circle and had a hard time seeing the band their was so much going on. walked past the workmans to wait till the crowd died down and bumped into Daniel Kessler and walked/followed him across the grattan bridge. Seemed nice but I Prob freaked him out yapping his ear off with my pints in me. Ended the night in the workingmans.

I tried to take a few pictures but they didnt turn out very well with the lighting/smoke.
    Got a pic with the bass player from Interpol too in The Workmans, he wasnt very chatty, which is fair enough, didnt want to be annoying him! Glad im not the only one who was yapping the ear off band members though! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Terrible lighting. Blinding and migraine inducing. No idea why they think it's a good idea to bombard the audience with LEDs. Bad sound in the circle too (4th row). Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Went Thursday night. Absolutely loved it. Only saw them once before at a festival so it was great to see their own show in such a small venue. Delighted they choose intimate venues as opossed to arenas (though I suprisingly think they'd sound good in the 3arena). Was standing, near the back (but was still so close to the stage which is the benefit of a small venue). Some of my thoughts and ramblings below :)

I thought the sound was good, but not fantastic. I don't know if that was because of the Olympia or Interpol. I just noticed on the first song, Say Hello to the Angels, the second guitar was hard to hear. Still, it didn't affect me too much at all and the sound improved.

Did anyone find the crowd a little bit, reserved? Now I do appreciate people wanting watch the gig and I'm not into moshing but I just noticed everyone just standing there for the intro, was just a bit suprising given it was the opening song and an upbeat one at that. Was it just me that thought that?

Loved the setlist. Bit suprised and sad they've dropped Obstacle 1 from their setlists though. Thursday's unique songs (compared to Tues and Weds) were Leif Erikson, The Lighthouse and Hands Away. Can't complain about that. Highlights for me were Leif Erikson, Not Even Jail, Untitled and Slow Hands :)

2vmtrvq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I was also there on Thursday, absolutely fantastic gig!!!

I do agree with Murph_D's assessment that the lighting is a bit severe on those seated in the circle, I thought it was kinda cool tho.

The sound upstairs was very very poor, the vocals were distorted in a wave of reverb and musically it was so off that it was hard to get into.

Downstairs was like an entirely different gig, the sound was very loud, the bass thumped you in the chest, the vocals were loud and clear, it sounded like a proper concert downstairs and a damn good one at that.

Great setlist! absolutely delighted to hear Leif Erikson! Although I really wish Obstacle 1 was back in the setlist! The band were absolutely brilliant! The only failing I could spot was sometimes the tempo fluctuated in certain songs, as mentioned earlier in the tread, this was particularly noticeable at the end of "Hands Away". I'm really looking forward to when they come back around again! If it is in the Olympia again, I'd advise you try get a standing ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Gutted to have missed Leif Erikson as they didn't play that on Wednesday but I thought the setlist was quality.

I agree with the tenpo comments. I noticed it a couple of times during songs. I distinctly remember, during one drum-less section of a song that the drummer had to start giving them a beat in order for them to catch up to the tempo.

Also, I noticed Daniel f*cked up a couple of times. Most notably on the intro to Pioneer to the Falls.

However, I for one welcome **** ups. It's what live music is all about in a way. You're there to hear them perform live and it's part and parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭micar

Thought the gig overall was brilliant but anyone else think their timing was off for the first few songs? Seemed to be speeding up and slowing down all over the shop to me

I agree, one song in particular was noticeable way too fast

otherwise...class. Did not care as long as they played Evil.

Wished they had played The Heinrich Maneuver.

Slow Hands was deadly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Was there Thursday night too & thought it was a great gig. we were standing just behind the pit & had great view. Was surprised how subdued the crowd were, especially the people who were in the pit, they should have been jumping around!

I had to apologise for all my bouncing around!
    Also, we seemed to be in the minority in knowing the new stuff.

Sound wasn't 100%, couldn't hear the lyrics over the music in parts, would love to see them in the 3 arena. But Paul Banks was on top form, better live than I've seen him on older you tube gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 redzor

Was there Wednesday night fantastic gig and great setlist , think the band are well up for it on this tour.. Let's hope it's the Olympia once again next time around as its a perfect venue for them.

I was there the Wednesday night and agree that the crowd was very subdued. I was in the pit with my sister and we were jumping around like looneys but so were a few people around us so we didn't look too out of place!

The vocals were a bit drowned out at times but overall, a great gig and I had a brilliant night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The sound upstairs was very very poor, the vocals were distorted in a wave of reverb and musically it was so off that it was hard to get into.

Downstairs was like an entirely different gig, the sound was very loud, the bass thumped you in the chest, the vocals were loud and clear, it sounded like a proper concert downstairs and a damn good one at that.

Were you able to move between floors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's always the case with the Olympia, if you want a great sound and unbelievable experience you should be there early and go into the pit. Its never going to be a moshpit for Interpol!

I was up at the front and enjoyed the gig Wednesday night, I'd agree on the lighting it was a bit too much at times.

They gave a dam good sound for most it, Banks who can be questionable live was spot on I thought. Lights was my favourite, some unexpected ones like Pioneer to The falls. I felt it flew by couldn't believe the last encore came and a funny way to finish the gig with Untitled.

Overall well worth the money will be one of the gigs of the year for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Heres a couple of my shots from the first of the 3 nights (Tues 10th Feb).

Enjoy...

C1EF2F3E25B349F3AD2EA77CE5A1A3E6-0000360871-0003726647-00640L-49246714BB744E39926BA5E2400D94E7.jpg

C30C047D115C42C8BE299CB4E4718A7F-0000360871-0003726652-00640L-205812BFA314463FA58329C003F2D1FD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

poundhound wrote: »
    Heres a couple of my shots from the first of the 3 nights (Tues 10th Feb).

Enjoy...

What camera were you using? Great pics!

• Advertisement

@StickyMcGinty

Nikon D7100 with a Nikon 85mm 1.8G lens.

Heres a couple more..

F80C34F3F2CD4847A45A6FD2BAAB4BCD-0000360871-0003726648-00640L-89DAC141106D402AA8AB462E409DED14.jpg

73139A5CA34B47DA9E066E28D871FA79-0000360871-0003726653-00640L-2D723EA89E06468C8274AA82D98610C7.jpg

Advertisement