Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw Thread 14/7/14

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So anyway he Rollins grabs the opposite leg you would expect him to if it was a legit injury.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He injured the leg before he went over the ropes. Go back a few seconds before the clothesline.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

We'll know soon enough anyway.

As reported in the PWInsider.com Elite section:
    *Bray Wyatt needed seven stitches to close the gash suffered when Ric Flair punched him in NYC. Wyatt's eye was blackened and swollen shut and WWE medical did a lot of work on it before Raw, draining it and using makeup so he could look presentable. Wyatt was said to be in good spirits about the entire thing as it was a scar Flair gave him in MSG. His attitude in general is really liked by the veterans of the locker room.

*Seth Rollins was 100% fine after Raw and the injury was completely scripted to remove him from the finish of the handicap match so the focus was on the competitors in the Battleground Fatal Four Way.

*Dean Ambrose had a bloody lip but beyond that he was fine following his beating on Raw. His hospital visit was just part of the show.

I (and my main man Meltzer) was right:
    VVdl5Rf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

rovert wrote: »
    So anyway he Rollins grabs the opposite leg you would expect him to if it was a legit injury.

huh? thats kinda of worded weirdly :P
    I assume you mean if it was a legit injury then he would be grabbing his other leg?

Wrestlers work the left arm and left leg. Rollins grabbed his right. This aint Mexico dude :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another note...Reigns has now ended 3 weeks in a row looking dominant and the likely winner....

....so can we all agree he doesn't stand a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So why was Miz always going on about Moneymaker? and then having a picture of Moneymaker all throughout his match? I've never met or seen Moneymaker but he did look familiar. This week's podcast will be torture with Moneymaker now having a big head after all the mentions he got on Raw.

Watching the Adam Rose bit just made me think of his NXT presentation skills video where I think he said something along the lines of how he's fed up of trying to entertain people and being a puppet.

I think that Sting promo was a good way to gauge a response anyway, since we've seen returns before where a good reaction was expected but didn't come to be.

Looking forward to seeing how AJ and Paige work in a proper match. Could become another Trish and Lita?

Ambrose not selling as much as he usually does this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

I enjoyed that. Showcase of talent proving that they want to be IC champ.

Although I'm hoping that at Battleground Barrett will announce to the winner that the baaaad news is his being healthier than expected, elbow the guy and walk away still the champ. Then have a unification match with Sheamus at Summerslam.

Failing that, Cesaro wins and has a unification match with Sheamus at Summerslam.

Failing that, Bo Dallas wins and is more inspirational than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Sad that the best part of this weeks Raw was Sting, and he didnt even show up

And Seth was the one who got all the talk:

GenuineMaleBichonfrise.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The more I see of Ambrose, the more I like him. Slowly becoming the WWEs MVP IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The more I see of Ambrose, the more I like him. Slowly becoming the WWEs MVP IMO

Yesssssss, Ambrose Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I've become a huge Ambrose fan since the Shield split, really looking forward to seeing what they come up withfor the "lunatic fringe"... Has potential to be one of the greatest heel's of all time in my opinion!

Also, have never had as much interest in a diva's feud before (when i was watching the attitude era it didn't really matter who disliked who when they were on my screen) I like the "frienemies" thing!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I've become a huge Ambrose fan since the Shield split, really looking forward to seeing what they come up withfor the "lunatic fringe"... Has potential to be one of the greatest heel's of all time in my opinion!

Also, have never had as much interest in a diva's feud before (when i was watching the attitude era it didn't really matter who disliked who when they were on my screen) I like the "frienemies" thing!

I wouldn't turn Ambrose heel for a long time right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I wouldn't turn Ambrose heel for a long time right now.

Yeah, because as good a natural heel as he is, he's got so much momentum as a face right now.

They already cut the Shields group face run very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Oh no, I didn't mean now but I think in the long term he has the ability to be a fantastic heel!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He will have Punk's problem of the crowd cheering him anyways. He'll have to do something quite dastardly!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Attack Torito? Nope that didn't work. Attack Bo? Attacking such an inspirational man would be sure to get him heat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A feud with Daniel Bryan would probably do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He could reach stone cold levels of popularity.....so a heel turn would be out of the question then! (Didn't work for austin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'd keep him as the anti-authorian, does what he wants when he wants unhinged character. Doesn't necessarily have to be heel.

If ever there was a time to turn him it'd be when Roman Reigns has the world title belt. Imagine that, the night after Wrestlemania. Ambrose toe to toe with Reigns.

He needs to start being put forward as a winner though. He's going to lose on Sunday I imagine, what's the plan for Summerslam then? Rematch? Does he lose that too?

IMO he has much more potential to build up the momentum of a main eventer than Rollins, whereas I see him ending up more Mick Foley than Stone Cold Steve Austin

CSF wrote: »
    He needs to start being put forward as a winner though. He's going to lose on Sunday I imagine, what's the plan for Summerslam then? Rematch? Does he lose that too?

IMO he has much more potential to build up the momentum of a main eventer than Rollins, whereas I see him ending up more Mick Foley than Stone Cold Steve Austin

No contest and he wins at Summerslam.

That's the right way to proceed imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The problem is as well though that if Ambrose wins, Rollins loses....and Rollins is meant to be the next in line for your top title!!!

Both need wins, but I'd personally rather Rollins wins the match to set him up title wise. As such, Ambrose should be looking stronger now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The problem is as well though that if Ambrose wins, Rollins loses....and Rollins is meant to be the next in line for your top title!!!

Both need wins, but I'd personally rather Rollins wins the match to set him up title wise. As such, Ambrose should be looking stronger now...

Spot on, both need the win and its a slight catch 22. Best option is for both to knock lumps out of each other and Rollins wins on Sunday by cheating or interference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Since when has that stopped WWE giving the MITB winner a long losing streak?

In theory that's fine, but Ambrose seems to be the one with more potential for greatness and needs to have that potential realised.

2 matches against Rollins without a win doesn't help, them trading wins is fine for Ambrose, but I don't think Rollins winning the first but not clean (which is what would happen) and Ambrose winning at Summerslam, don't think that helps Rollins any more than losing now.

They should have given Ambrose the briefcase IMO anyway.

CSF wrote: »
    In theory that's fine, but Ambrose seems to be the one with more potential for greatness and needs to have that potential realised.

2 matches against Rollins without a win doesn't help, them trading wins is fine for Ambrose, but I don't think Rollins winning the first but not clean (which is what would happen) and Ambrose winning at Summerslam, don't think that helps Rollins any more than losing now.

They should have given Ambrose the briefcase IMO anyway.

Fair chance they still could imo.

Blow off match could be a street fight or ladder match with the case on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

In my opinion it's just a case of how will they be feuding for? I think Ambrose should win the last match and that's it. I don't think Ambrose needs wins as much as Rollins does, and you can make them really screwy to a. Keep the heat on Rollins b. Have the fans get even more behind Ambrose and c. Make Rollins look good and have some momentum. Rollins has to get his come-uppance but no need to do that until the final match of the feud.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    In my opinion it's just a case of how will they be feuding for? I think Ambrose should win the last match and that's it. I don't think Ambrose needs wins as much as Rollins does, and you can make them really screwy to a. Keep the heat on Rollins b. Have the fans get even more behind Ambrose and c. Make Rollins look good and have some momentum. Rollins has to get his come-uppance but no need to do that until the final match of the feud.

The thing though that if you wanna make someone into a really top guy, that until they get there, they're always in need of the win. Watch how quickly Roman Reigns' win stats start to mimic Cena's.

Advertisement