Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw Thread 14/7/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Xenji wrote: »
    So the promo was just for the Sting DLC, in all honesty except for the RAW after Money In The Bank every show has been mediocre since, besides Leo Kruger having one of the most buried gimmicks in recent times and Bo Dallas having no heat with his gimmick, they should be at least getting Ambrose, Rollins and Jericho right, even the Wyatt family is coming off as weak and repetitive at the moment.

yeah this is actually a bit of a chore to watch. Really need to step it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What a very strange feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cena tell Flair to keep the Big Gold Belt there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

The big gold belt is no more lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Don't think its for keeps sadly, having two belts is SO dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

judging by that ending it looks like seth is actually injured.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Looks like they might be needing Plan C! Rollins didn't look comfortable there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I dunno if anyone else on here has made this comparison before but has anyone ever thought Roman Reigns reminds them of a early-mid 90's Taker? Similar ring presence, charisma and how he executes certain movements. I would have never even copped it except I've been binging through late 97/98 Raws lately and it was the time when Kane was basically trying to mimic everything taker did with his mannerisms etc.

Anyways random observations aside I think some of you are giving a bit of a harsh judgement on this episode, its probably the beat episode of the last 3 weeks. I.C title feels slightly important which is better than normal. Logical ish stories for WWE standards, can't complain really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I thought they might try and promote the network a little bit. If it's struggling, surely mentioning it once or twice on Raw might help. I guess they have their integrity holding them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'm so conflicted. On one hand the video promo for Sting in 2k15 was absolutely awesome. Paying respect to a true legend. On the other hand I just wanted to see him there! It would have been amazing! The crowd were actually pretty good, the reaction would have been amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was okish, decent matches; decent if not a bit rushed (inevitable) tying up of feuds before Sunday, just a standard raw before a non a-list PPV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

NCT6Ifw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭colmufc

rovert wrote: »
    NCT6Ifw.gif

they should just kiss and get all that tension over with haha , kidding anyway they really are the only 2 divas I've any interst in right now summer is decent in ring if they ever let her do it on raw , I also love aj don't the punk sit down

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

worst epsode ive seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Was debating between watching this and 24 last night. Think I took the right choice with 24, Raw is gone to the dogs.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Was debating between watching this and 24 last night. Think I took the right choice with 24, Raw is gone to the dogs.

The episode after Money in the Bank was pretty excellent to be far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Fair play to the people here who can stay awake until 4am every monday watching this utter boring drivel.
    I honestly dont know how you guys can do it week in week out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did a single story advance last night?

Strikes me if you missed last night show and saw last weeks as a go home show, you wouldn't have missed a single thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If the news about Rollins is as bad as it sounds it's absolutely horrendous for him and WWE

Moneymaker wrote: »
    If the news about Rollins is as bad as it sounds it's absolutely horrendous for him and WWE

Meltzer said it was angle.

• Advertisement

Probably injured so.

Probably injured so.

Aye as he was wrong about Sting.

Aye as he was wrong about Sting.

Just seems to have a new exclusive every week which inevitably turns out to be wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I presumed it was to establish "Plan B" was out the window, and so "Plan C" from Heyman has to be considered.

Though I worry with both Ambrose and Rollins "Injured", will their match be pushed back to Summerslam now?

I'm fine with that. It should be at Summerslam and a few more weeks of awesome promos/rants from Ambrose is something i'm perfectly ok with.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough if its legit or not.

I wouldn't trust Meltzer if he said the sky was blue.

Just seems to have a new exclusive every week which inevitably turns out to be wrong.
    I wouldn't trust Meltzer if he said the sky was blue.

I'll never understand the bizarre anti-Meltzer sentiment. Not trusting the most trustworthy source. Ok.

Anyway Rollins holds the secondary leg he lands on:
    S7QIdO6.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i marked out for stings 2k15 promo

I'll never understand the bizarre anti-Meltzer sentiment. Not trusting the most trustworthy source. Ok.
    ]

What's bizarre about it? He's been proven to be FOS before. Nothing against the man or his opinions on the business. I would simply question his agenda sometimes.

What's bizarre about it? He's been proven to be FOS before. Nothing against the man or his opinions on the business. I would simply question his agenda sometimes.

No journalist is infallible - that's a ridiculous expectation. He's hardly full of **** either.

He doesn't lie or make things up. If he is wrong he will correct/clarify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I can only think of one thing he was wrong about all year, and he immediately called himself on it.

Advertisement