Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban legends that people swear are true because it happened to their 'friend'

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

I am pie wrote: »
    A common trick!! ....if you see an accident in a rural area don't stop because you'll be eaten??

Okely dokely.

cf. Book of Eli. :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I am pie wrote: »
    A common trick!! ....if you see an accident in a rural area don't stop because you'll be eaten??

Okely dokely.

yea by cannibals. You know what the country folk are like, especially the farmers

Roquentin wrote: »
    yea by cannibals. You know what the country folk are like, especially the farmers

The ole' play on their heartstrings then eat 'em, oldest trick in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

When I was at school, I was told one that scared the cr@p out of me. I was told that one night, a woman got on a London Underground train. Opposite her were two men with a girl in between. The girl was staring at the woman strangely and not even blinking. It was freaking the woman out. As the train pulled in to the next stop a man came up to the woman and said, "I need you to get off at the next stop with me." The woman refused, thinking he was some kind of freak. But he was persistent and told her he was a doctor and so she got off the train with him. As the train pulled away, the doctor said, "I know I scared you but I really am a doctor. I wanted you to get off the train for your own safety. The girl in between those two men was dead and they were holding the body up."

When I was at school, I was told one that scared the cr@p out of me. I was told that one night, a woman got on a London Underground train. Opposite her were two men with a girl in between. The girl was staring at the woman strangely and not even blinking. It was freaking the woman out. As the train pulled in to the next stop a man came up to the woman and said, "I need you to get off at the next stop with me." The woman refused, thinking he was some kind of freak. But he was persistent and told her he was a doctor and so she got off the train with him. As the train pulled away, the doctor said, "I know I scared you but I really am a doctor. I wanted you to get off the train for your own safety. The girl in between those two men was dead and they were holding the body up."

I suppose the fact he's a Doctor lends to the credibility that he could recognise someone who's not alive - it's uncanny! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

My cousin reckons he was having anal sex with this girl and when he pulled his dick out there was a piece of sweetcorn caught on his foreskin. I hope it's true. I don't care if it happened to him. I just hope it happened to somebody, because I've been laughing at it for the past 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Someone was watching weekend at Bernies!
    My cousin reckons he was having anal sex with this girl and when he pulled his dick out there was a piece of sweetcorn caught on his foreskin. I hope it's true. I don't care if it happened to him. I just hope it happened to somebody, because I've been laughing at it for the past 10 years.
    That's an old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Not really fits in this thread but an urban legend is about the whole "The number under the Buckfast bottle" has different flavour / strength. It's a load of bollocks..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

An old one and a good one, version i heard had something to do with using bryllcream as lube as that was all he could find. No idea why that's relevant though, maybe just pad the story out a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

minotour wrote: »
    An old one and a good one, version i heard had something to do with using bryllcream as lube as that was all he could find. No idea why that's relevant though, maybe just pad the story out a bit.

Ah jaysus. Haha. Here's to another 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Isn't that a music video? Ian Brown feat. UNKLE or vice versa...BE There...great tune. Not sure if urban myth based on video or the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Acedia. wrote: »
    Another college one. The A student who was electrocuted by an electric shower his DIY mad father installed.

I know of someone who was killed when taking a shower. Her father hadn't wired it correctly when he installed it and it shorted out - it wasn't earthed properly IIRC. The family lived near us and it would have been in the early eighties or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

The rain over the weekend reminded me of the one, most often posted by american friends (because I guess auto gearboxes and cruise control are more commonly used over there) warning not to use cruise control when it's raining. The story involves cars beginning to aquaplane and the cruise control applying more and more power and in numerous reports, the car regains traction, accelerates beyond the realm of physics and goes airborne. Emergency services usually find the cars upside down, miles from the road, with the cruise control still engaged.

You have been warned!

I know of someone who was killed when taking a shower. Her father hadn't wired it correctly when he installed it and it shorted out - it wasn't earthed properly IIRC. The family lived near us and it would have been in the early eighties or so.

Don't think you'll find many people who'll take your story at face value on this thread... :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

probably the wrong thread to post in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

An electric shower in the early 80s meant you were a millionaire and would have had a tradesman fit the newfangled thing. Unless you were in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

The propensity of people on urban legend threads to claim that they are in fact true because they personally witnessed them . . :-D

I agree with you but seriously I actually saw with my own two eyes Larry Murphy leaving a buggy at a bus stop before jumping in a white van and cruising about. Not only that but he started marking the front walls of houses that have dogs that could be stolen and then climbed in the window of a 16 yr old boy and leaving some digestives next to him as he wanked in eyes closed bliss. Then he was back out the window and then he was off out to steal a penguin and bugger a bridegroom chained to a fence which unfortunately left him with corn in his nap eye. When he went to the doctor it was found he had necropgiliac bacteria under his foreskin, thankfully bono and Springsteen were in the surgery and footed the bill.

Advertisement