Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised there isn't Chromecast support.

Has anyone tried using local cast?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thats what chromecast is for

Or casting to a mircast enabled tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭28064212

If you purchase a movie, can you transfer it to your laptop and watch it there using, say, VLC player? Or to a NAS drive and watch it using XBMC?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    If you purchase a movie, can you transfer it to your laptop and watch it there using, say, VLC player? Or to a NAS drive and watch it using XBMC?

Afaik they have drm on them. You could play it back using your other google devices tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,461 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ste- wrote: »
    Afaik they have drm on them. You could play it back using your other google devices tho.
    And the movie industry wonders why there's so much piracy :rolleyes:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So just to clarify - is Chromecast supported? I was thinking of buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

When I open the App I get told Play Movies is not yet available in your country. Is there anything I need to do to make it available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

When I open the App I get told Play Movies is not yet available in your country. Is there anything I need to do to make it available?

Same here

Took me a while to get rid of that one.
    I uninstalled updates and wiped data. did that a few times and eventually I got it working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

where are the free movies? I cant see them:(

I had Transformers from when the Nexus 7 came out (iirc) and got Shaun the Sheep free last night when the movies became available.

Did they just show up in the play movies or did you have to search for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

I also have transformers from when I bought the Nexus 7(2012)

Shaun The Sheep - The Big Chase (7 mins) was also offered to me today when I clicked on my movies.

Don't see any method to download videos, so you have to be online to watch even films you buy.

How to download movies for offline viewing

Chromecast worked from play movies on my Nexus 7.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jeez, they could have come up with something better than shaun the sheep.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks like a few of us have Transformers from the Nexus 7 days :D

I've never watched it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I can't even get Shaun the sheep for free to test it out :(

I can't even get Shaun the sheep for free to test it out :(

Should be there once you get the play movies app from the play store.

Ste- wrote: »
    Should be there once you get the play movies app from the play store.

I got the play movies yesterday,but no free movies.I am on my nexus 10,haven't checked it on my nexus 7 yet,but I guess it will be the same.

I got the play movies yesterday,but no free movies.I am on my nexus 10,haven't checked it on my nexus 7 yet,but I guess it will be the same.

My mistake,it wasn't there when I went to play movies via the play store,but when I launched the actual app it was there,very impressed with the quality,but does anyone think the movies to buy are a bit pricey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks, I had to update the Play movies app to see it, I got something from Pixar called Luna instead though, possibly because I'm on an English network at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I can access the movies through the Play store but the Play Movie app is telling me that the service isn't available in this country. Odd!

I can access the movies through the Play store but the Play Movie app is telling me that the service isn't available in this country. Odd!

The very same for me :confused:

See above or previous page. It explains how to get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frogurt!

As a user of both Google and Apple devices, how does it compare to ITunes store...drm, prices etc..?

I'm going to invest in one or the other...

Couldnt get the App to show anything. Tried all suggestions here without any luck either. Switched phone off and back on again, and now the App works. Even got my free Shaun the Sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

Frogurt! wrote: »
    As a user of both Google and Apple devices, how does it compare to ITunes store...drm, prices etc..?

I'm going to invest in one or the other...

Compared some prices on 3 films and the playstore was cheaper by 2/3 Euros compared to itunes prices (on the titles i looked at it).

Of course anyone can do this by browsing both itunes and the playstore.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Rented the incredibles last night. Really enjoyed the quality. Wonder do other films have the little extras? The actor, what song the movie was playing. Even stuff about some scenes.

I just wanted some nostalgia but dam I was impressed. I can imagine if you don't have a full play music sub you'd be pissed. As it does really make you want to keep some tunes for later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frogurt!

corkie wrote: »
    Compared some prices on 3 films and the playstore was cheaper by 2/3 Euros compared to itunes prices (on the titles i looked at it).

Of course anyone can do this by browsing both itunes and the playstore.

Cheers. I was in work and couldn't so that's why I asked. :)

Advertisement