Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poet, Activist, Parkinson's sufferer and Granny (80), likes her porridge.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

We should probably take bets on how long it will be before our 'first lady' Mrs D is down to visit and support her at tax payer expense, but not officially of course, oh no, I'm sure that will be another 'personal visit to an old friend'. I read about her comments to the judge at her last appearance at Ennis courts a few weeks ago. The judge told her she'd be back in prison if she didn't abide by his judgement and she said 'it'll have to wait until after my chemo'. Sanctimonius bitch had it coming.

You get to a stage where youre either old or have justbeen through a fair bit or are going through chemo and you do not give two sh1tes about 'The Judge'. He is the sanctimonious one. Why shoud she not retort.life is short enough and given her age and illness that woman is 100% certain she has very little of it left, no wonder she won't be cowed by the 'judge'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Another self-important Aosdana tosseur, paid for by the taxpayer in every way. If you want Ireland to be a Dev throwback with isolation and grinding poverty then allying with Islamist fascists seems to be a pretty effective way to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Jawgap wrote: »
    in what scenario would Irish planes being carrying arms through US airports? And what do you mean by 'Irish' planes? Planes operated by the Air Corps (and under the control of the government) or Irish companies operating aircraft (whether or not Irish registered) or Irish registered aircraft being operated by foreign companies / governments?

Plus given the number of Irish registered planes leased out around the world the chances are some are carrying arms (and probably worse) at any given time.

Without getting into any specifics which there are many. Do you thing the Americans would let anything land in any of their airports without knowing what's in them?

They would in their holes and neither should we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Ranchu wrote: »
    Without getting into any specifics which there are many. Do you thing the Americans would let anything land in any of their airports without knowing what's in them?

Except we lack the power to anything about it........welcome to realpolitik.

.......out of interest if we're stopping the Yanks and ramp checking them, should we start asking what all their IT, pharma and finance companies are doing and start expelling those who may have a finger or two in some of the more unpalatable pies in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

If you invaded an active runway at an American airport putting innocent lives at risk, do you think you would be arrested or shot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You get to a stage where youre either old or have justbeen through a fair bit or are going through chemo and you do not give two sh1tes about 'The Judge'. He is the sanctimonious one. Why shoud she not retort.life is short enough and given her age and illness that woman is 100% certain she has very little of it left, no wonder she won't be cowed by the 'judge'.

I've spent a large part of my life in agonising chronic pain, in and out of hospital and I'm taking chemo medication but I don't see myself as being above the law. Age and illness is no justification for her behaviour. I stand by my statement that she is an attention whore, plain and simple.

bumper234 wrote: »
    If you invaded an active runway at an American airport putting innocent lives at risk, do you think you would be arrested or shot?

Arrested hopefully. What do you think?

Except we lack the power to anything about it........welcome to realpolitik.

.......out of interest if we're stopping the Yanks and ramp checking them, should we start asking what all their IT, pharma and finance companies are doing and start expelling those who may have a finger or two in some of the more unpalatable pies in the world?

Yes.

But the problem here is bigger as it effects our neutrality which is written in our constitution.

If it was Wallace, Daly or that other bint? I wouldn't want arrest.

bumper234 wrote: »
    If it was Wallace, Daly or that other bint? I wouldn't want arrest.

So you would like to shoot them? What if I did it? Which was your original question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes.

But the problem here is bigger as it effects our neutrality which is written in our constitution.

Where is it written?

Life ain't always empty.

Yes.

We are not neutral, we are non-aligned - there's a significant and important difference.

I reckon if you breached the perimeter at a US airport you'd be given one warning, then shot - them farm boys over there aren't exactly known for restraint when it comes to using lethal force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

I reckon if you breached the perimeter at a US airport you'd be given one warning, then shot - them farm boys over there aren't exactly known for restraint when it comes to using lethal force.

Why bother with the warning? That's what signs are for.

What if they can't read? :D

Or they think the barbed wire etc is there to keep people in rather than out? :D

So you would like to shoot them? What if I did it? Which was your original question.

No i wouldn't like to shoot them personally but if they were shot while trespassing onto an active airport putting lives at risk then i wouldn't shed a tear for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I've spent a large part of my life in agonising chronic pain, in and out of hospital and I'm taking chemo medication but I don't see myself as being above the law. Age and illness is no justification for her behaviour. I stand by my statement that she is an attention whore, plain and simple.

Sorry to hear that. I don't now much about the woman, she might be exacty that as a person. I'm not sure if I completely disagree with her protests though and I think the law is very often an ass and judges don't fully deserve the utter deference they're supposed to comand.

Sorry to hear that. I don't now much about the woman, she might be exacty that as a person. I'm not sure if I completely disagree with her protests though and I think the law is very often an ass and judges don't fully deserve the utter deference they're supposed to comand.

I think if you read back you'll see that in this case the law is anything but an ass.

The airside of an airport is a dangerous place - and no place for the untrained or for people unfamiliar with airport ops.

Second, what if her silly protest had gone unnoticed and she managed to damage a plane and slip away? It's easy enough to do something you might think is harmless but could easily bring down an aircraft or cause and engine fire or failure on the take-off run.

By all means she should protest, and she should be allowed and facilitated to protest but not in a way that potentially puts someone else at risk.

If you ask me, the judge wasn't harsh enough in light of the potential consequences......

......all that is leaving aside the fact that she only had to sign a bond promising to do what comes naturally to most people - staying within the law - prison was her choice, no else's.

Advertisement