Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is Adams ever going to step down?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

The victim of crime does not decide whether to bring a criminal case, it is the decision of the DPP.

"All charges were dropped, and the accused rapist was acquitted after Ms Cahill withdrew her evidence."

(c) BBC

Diferent question, why did she withdraw her evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

This post has been deleted.

He is too busy doing a remake of Mrs. Robinison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

dublincelt wrote: »
    "All charges were dropped, and the accused rapist was acquitted after Ms Cahill withdrew her evidence."

(c) BBC

Diferent question, why did she withdraw her evidence?

She gave her reason, we can't put words in her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Eoin should stop digging.

• Advertisement

Vin B and his cohorts see the sand wash from under his feet. Roll on UTV IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Without evidence this is a very difficult one to call. On one hand she could be telling the truth, on the other hand she could be destroying a man's/Parties reputation. A lot of things do not add up here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

But shur Gerry was never in the IRA, why would he be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Hypothetical. Assumptive. Manipulative.

Who is this "brave girl" standing up to?

I am making no assumptions.

You clearly are.

The claims this individual is making are unfounded.

You are prempting natural justice.

Innocent until proven guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

First Christmas ad- middle of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

that girl was very well coached.

Eilis O'Hanlon's cousin??

Sindo probably are paying her expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Without evidence this is a very difficult one to call. On one hand she could be telling the truth, on the other hand she could be destroying a man's/Parties reputation. A lot of things do not add up here

Adam's reputation in relation to handling sexual abuse cases is already destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

gladrags wrote: »
    Who is this "brave girl" standing up to?

I am making no assumptions.

You clearly are.

The claims this individual is making are unfounded.

You are prempting natural justice.

Innocent until proven guilty.

The claims of abuse have not been tested. The claims of being investigated by members of SF/IRA in relation to her abuse should be met with threats of defamatory legal proceedings, if untrue. Of course, truth is a defence to defamation so issuing proceedings may not be the wisest if this is something which is sought to be covered up.

This show has to go down as the worst show in the series, this is not justice for Maria, just being used by a failed politician, a mouth piece for FG and a failed journo. Very sad for the future of politics in our country. No hope for our future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that poor girl watching this shambles from backstage? :eek:

What on earth has MLOD to add to the (non) debate? And who's this other geezer?
    I'm guessing she was sent in by Enda to do a hatchet job on Adams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

More impossible to prove allegations at pivotal times in NI.
    In other news the DUP refused to take part in talks today because an Irish minister was present, not a dickie bird about it on Vinnie,

Did I just hear the failed journo say the war was over. An admittance that it was a war,and not a terrorist campaign, this is a first for the failed Journo.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm guessing she was sent in by Enda to do a hatchet job on Adams

She has the head for it.

Did I just hear the failed journo say the war was over. An admittance that it was a war,and not a terrorist campaign, this is a first for the failed Journo.

To paraphrase Vinnie's own admission...'the dogs in the street knew what was going on in the church in Ireland' but did he as a journalist expose and even report it? Hypocrisy to the high heavens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

The claims of abuse have not been tested. The claims of being investigated by members of SF/IRA in relation to her abuse should be met with threats of defamatory legal proceedings, if untrue. Of course, truth is a defence to defamation so issuing proceedings may not be the wisest if this is something which is sought to be covered up.

The bottom line is a court of law, or the Euro court,or court North or South.

Trial by medis is not in anyones interest

Particularly this person.

Manipulation yes

• Advertisement

What would the relevance of that be?

One guesses she's not a SF fan!

Serious question to ask, does she support the dissidents, what is her political connections, or connections to low life journos looking for a score to improve their image. In this day and age these questions need to be asked.She could be credible, I have no reason to doubt her version of events. But she came across as well tutored for her first time on TV.

Serious question to ask, does she support the dissidents, what is her political connections, or connections to low life journos looking for a score to improve their image. In this day and age these questions need to be asked.She could be credible, I have no reason to doubt her version of events. But she came across as well tutored for her first time on TV.

You have to be meticulous as a journalist and as a citizen when it comes to stuff like this. Because there are so many un-provable allegations, what are we up to now? Vinnie was already convinced in his intro to this section, which doesn't reflect well on him as a journalist tbh. The alleations just seem to keep coming and never go anywhere, but they do keep the anti SF /republcan crowd morally and indignantly outraged, funnily enough.

I think the age of consent in the UK is 16. Questions, Questions, Questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Lets try to put the blame on the victim....
    I think the age of consent in the UK is 16. Questions, Questions, Questions.
    ... or muddy the water in some other way.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Lets try to put the blame on the victim....

... or muddy the water in some other way.

I am not trying to put the blame on the victim, the council elections, we had Adams arrest in the north, SF and AAA wipe the floor in the by elections and this comes up with mickey martin speaking on the plinth with Maria, then we have VB show trial. As I said Questions Questions Questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The girl interviewed last night on VB has remained nameless on this forum , if I am wrong give me the number of the post where she is named. I tried to watch this programme on 3Player several times but it breaks down after about twenty minutes. Is this a form of censorship !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Xenophile wrote: »
    The girl interviewed last night on VB has remained nameless on this forum , if I am wrong give me the number of the post where she is named. I tried to watch this programme on 3Player several times but it breaks down after about twenty minutes. Is this a form of censorship !
    Mairia Cahill

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/sinn-fein-engulfed-by-yet-another-sex-abuse-scandal-as-iras-kangaroo-court-exposed-by-victim-30670742.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Thanks to the mod who named the lady involved.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1017/653056-cahill/

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »

She gave up her anonimity back in 2009-10. Nobody is censoring anything.

• Advertisement

Is this a party political broadcast on behalf of criminals in Irish water.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement