Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to activate central-heating in order to top up the boiler pressure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ok found the reference to the filling loop in the installation manual (https://www.worcester-bosch.ie/installer/literature/gas-boiler-literature/greenstar-34cdi-classic-literature)
    and page 21 is in attached file.

So I'll ask the RGI to:

- replace the filling loop
    - look at page 21 of the manual and ensure it's all fitted accordingly

Anything else I should throw in there to look at?

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

What's the name of your motorised valves.
    Or take a pict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

my own boiler is fcuked!keeps saying fault code 40:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

mrcheez wrote: »
    ok found the reference to the filling loop in the installation manual (https://www.worcester-bosch.ie/installer/literature/gas-boiler-literature/greenstar-34cdi-classic-literature)
    and page 21 is in attached file.

So I'll ask the RGI to:

- replace the filling loop
    - look at page 21 of the manual and ensure it's all fitted accordingly

Anything else I should throw in there to look at?

cheers.

That's a official filling loop which you don't have. A normal flexy tee'd in should be fine

corkgsxr wrote: »
    What's the name of your motorised valves.
    Or take a pict

They're behind a kickboard which is really difficult to remove, but here's a shot I took last year. Not sure if you can identify them from that pic though.

I can ask the electrician next week if required.

• Advertisement

They're behind a kickboard which is really difficult to remove, but here's a shot I took last year. Not sure if you can identify them from that pic though.

I can ask the electrician next week if required.

They should be positioned in a place that allows easy access for replacement and also readily accessible to the homeowner (who may have to manually open them in the event of motor failure)

see if you can put magnets on the kick board instead of screwing it down.

Ah it's easy enough access, just requires a bit of DIY when I put it back which I'd rather not mess with right now.

I'll ask the electrician next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    my own boiler is fcuked!keeps saying fault code 40:rolleyes:

What boiler is it

Egass13 wrote: »
    What boiler is it
    Vokera Mynute HE,a piece of fcuking sh1t :mad:

get yer own thread ffs :)

• Advertisement

Vokera Mynute HE,a piece of fcuking sh1t :mad:

That's just a low water pressure fault, they are actually very decent boilers tbh. Have the same one myself.

get yer own thread ffs :)
    eh................................... NO :P

That's just a low water pressure fault, they are actually very decent boilers tbh. Have the same one myself.
    is that any easy self fix or do I need to get an RGI out?

is that any easy self fix or do I need to get an RGI out?

If it's always happening then get an Rgi

If it's always happening then get an Rgi

They only just replaced the thermister and it happened a few days later

They only just replaced the thermister and it happened a few days later

Get them back so , shouldn't have to pay for a problem that was probably caused by them in the first place

Get them back so , shouldn't have to pay for a problem that was probably caused by them in the first place
    trying to contact them but no joy,they seem like a cowboy outfit tbh :mad:

Hmm this is the risk when going for smaller outfits like I mentioned before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

ALL of the helpfull you've got here is from small outfits !
    Free Of Charge I might add.
    Who have taken an intrest in helping you out, were not GOOGLE.
    Like everything in life, you'll find good and bad on both sides.
    But I reckon you have figures out were the good guy's ????

Bit of a generalisation.

I find one man bands are more likely to take ownership of a problem, I get more calls from self employed RGIs seeking to put a problem to bed than larger firms.

Up until recently there was no real entrance requirement to becoming a RGI, this open door policy has allowed unskilled RGIs to flood the industry to work along side competent RGIs.

Sadly you have no way of knowing what's in front of you.

• Advertisement

scudo2 wrote: »
    ALL of the helpfull you've got here is from small outfits !

Again you're completely missing the point I'm making.

I'm saying smaller outfits can "disappear" more easily than larger outfits.

Larger companies are less likely to shut up shop/change their contact details and rebrand themselves all to avoid having to deal with an 8K job they have to redo.

This is not a reflection on the GOOD small companies, but unfortunately no-one I knew could recommend a plumbing company willing to take on the job I wanted (fitting a combi-boiler and replumbing entire house), so rather than gamble on an unknown I went for a company that I could trace in case anything went wrong.

The fact they are now still coming to try to rectify the erroneous work they have done is testament to the choices I made.

The fact they are now still coming to try to rectify the erroneous work they have done is testament to the choices I made.

The issues you are having I would expect to be dealt with differently.

Most of those who have helped you here are self employed and have yet to disappear and the idea a larger outfit is safer than a smaller outfit is not my experience of things so I'd refer you to Scudos point about the good and the bad.

I wasn't joined to boards until after I got the job started so I probably would have checked in here for recommendations before starting the job and sure I would have been happy to go for a smaller company/sole trader based on the sort of responses they gave to questions over the years, as they'd have their boards.ie reputation to uphold.

The RGI guys I chose, though, were a large company working on several larger projects at the time, so they were less likely to jump ship if (and indeed when) things went tits-up.

They seem to have a WB partnership that I'm sure they want to hold onto, so don't want me going to WB complaining about the work they did I guess.

So it's all about selecting someone who has a reputation or has something to lose if things don't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Fitting a new boiler and replumbing a house are not difficult for a decent tradesman. It's the patch up jobs that are messy. It's very poor that they haven't yet rectified the fault in what is a brand new system.

I tell ya, after meeting some of the guys that came to quote me for the job and hearing their suggestions (which even a layman like myself knew were bonkers) this could have been a lot, lot worse... it's like the Wild West with the number of cowboys.

I'ts those "Who" cares that counts.
    You seems to be missing the fundimental point here.
    "We care about out trade"
    That's why were trying to help.

OK say I post a job up on tradesmen.ie.

I get 10 guys coming over to give me quotes. They all say they care about their trade.

I've no other recommendation to go on as I know no-one else who has got plumbing work done.

(a) I pick the single guy whose company name is his own name and he assures me he's fully insured and has references etc
    or
    (b) I pick the guy with 20 staff and currently working on several large projects, with an established address. I verify that the other projects are indeed being done by these guys, I do the other background checks etc.

Months roll on.. **** hits the fan. (a) or (b) decide they don't want to comply. Turns out entire job is messed up and has to be redone.

(a) can pretty easily disappear ... (b) can try to disappear, but they're already committed to that 40-apartment building project and the lawyer letter arrives on their shiny secretary's desk. Will they risk that 40-apartment job and rebrand the company name to avoid being found by me? Doubt it.

They can be traced easier if needs be. This is the fundamental point I'm making...

OK say I post a job up on tradesmen.ie.

I get 10 guys coming over to give me quotes. They all say they care about their trade.

I've no other recommendation to go on as I know no-one else who has got plumbing work done.

(a) I pick the single guy whose company name is his own name and he assures me he's fully insured and has references etc
    or
    (b) I pick the guy with 20 staff and currently working on several large projects, with an established address. I verify that the other projects are indeed being done by these guys, I do the other background checks etc.

Months roll on.. **** hits the fan. (a) or (b) decide they don't want to comply. Turns out entire job is messed up and has to be redone.

(a) can pretty easily disappear ... (b) can try to disappear, but they're already committed to that 40-apartment building project and the lawyer letter arrives on their shiny secretary's desk. Will they risk that 40-apartment job and rebrand the company name to avoid being found by me? Doubt it.

They can be traced easier if needs be. This is the fundamental point I'm making...

I don't think you have to explain anything, you have every right to employ who you want, where it goes a bit pear shaped for you is your sharing your thoughts on one man bands when it's mainly one man bands who are trying to give you a dig out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I give up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I give up.

You lasted well Scudo. Sometimes you get ballbreakers. Sometimes its more important to the op that they be right than have their problem sorted.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

I give up.

ditto :)

highly sensitive lot in here

Advertisement