Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i got mine in smyths with a console, do you think they would swap it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i got mine in smyths with a console, do you think they would swap it?

Yes, if you have the receipt. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Liamalone wrote: »
    How so? Is it not a dick move to replace an integral metal inner part of the controller with a plastic inner part which fails repeatedly? These controllers are not cheap ya know.

Ashamed of myself? Hardly, I think it's a great way to retaliate against sub standard products. I have effectively insulated myself against broken controllers :D Microsoft be a big company ya know lol

Surely the more times you return a functioning controller the higher the chance of getting a dud in return if their as fundamentally flawed as you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

iniall wrote: »
    I missed Harvey Norman's offer of Xbox One S 1TB dual controller with FIFA 19 for €269 by one day - it finished yesterday. Very disappointed birthday boy today. Anybody got a steer on where to look for a similar deal...?

Argos 229 with forza or tombraider or Minecraft. Then you can add crackdown 3 for 18 and an extra control for another 42. Might be able to trade crackdown in cex or GameStop for a better game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, that's all well and good in theory but usually means nowt but hassle. The outlet I purchased the original controller from swaps it with no questions asked as long as it's within 12 months of purchase - I get a fresh receipt each time.

So why swap it every 3 months? :confused:

It's people who pull this senseless, pointless stuff that makes companies change generous returns policies due to abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So why swap it every 3 months? :confused:

It's people who pull this senseless, pointless stuff that makes companies change generous returns policies due to abuse.

In case it breaks, like the thirty odd before it lol. Until I am satisfied that the faults with the controller's build quality have been remedied I will continue to do so.

Generous returns policy? Is there such a thing? I don't understand this bit, your rights as a consumer are the same regardless of the outlet.

When I had to travel fifty miles to return the very first faulty controller that was bundled erith the console after ONE DAY, with about three hours of use, did they sort me for diesel money? No, that would have been generous. I still have to travel twenty miles to the place I bought the seperate controller, did they sort me for diesel money the thirty genuine times I returned a sub standard controller? Hell no.

Swings and rondybouts. Up their hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

In case it breaks, like the thirty odd before it lol. Until I am satisfied that the faults with the controller's build quality have been remedied I will continue to do so.

Generous returns policy? Is there such a thing? I don't understand this bit, your rights as a consumer are the same regardless of the outlet.

When I had to travel fifty miles to return the very first faulty controller that was bundled erith the console after ONE DAY, with about three hours of use, did they sort me for diesel money? No, that would have been generous. I still have to travel twenty miles to the place I bought the seperate controller, did they sort me for diesel money the thirty genuine times I returned a sub standard controller? Hell no.

Swings and rondybouts. Up their hole.

If only Microsoft offered free delivery on returns and a generous 2 year warranty then honest folk wouldn't have to be driving 50 miles to return a faulty controller.

How are you ever supposed to find out if the build quality reaches your high standards if you keep returning them before they get a chance to break?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Back to bargains please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

XBOX One X and S console bundles on microsoft store.

https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/xbox-one/consoles

All bundles console 1 controller plus 1 or more games

Select X bundles 439 ( usual 499)
    Metro bundle (xbox x plus all 3 metroes)
    Forza bundles
    Fallout 76 bundle
    PUBG bundle
    Gamer pass bundle
    Battlefield V

S bundles 240 (usual 300)
    Minecraft bundles
    Battlefield
    Tom raider
    Firtnite
    Othets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

2 month Game Pass for €2 atm. On the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    2 month Game Pass for €2 atm. On the store.
    Not seeing it, is it for new registrations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Not seeing it, is it for new registrations?

Yeah, new members only.

Yeah, new members only.

Oh right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

1TB XBox1 S Forza 4 edition €199 in Tesco. Offer ends end March.

ch750536 wrote: »

Just ran down and bought one myself. Now 3 xboxes in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just ran down and bought one myself. Now 3 xboxes in the house!

Why??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

What Tesco did you find it in? Just been to Bloomfields, no consoles at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Found it in Tesco Dundrum - at the customer service counter, so not that obvious. Fortnite or Forza Horizon 4 bundles. I didn't get it though. I went with a dual-controller offer in Games Stop, instead. €249 for the console with two controllers and FIFA 19 for €22. I hope that's the best choice and that now I can stop faffing about looking for deals while the impatient just-teenager grows more and more exasperated...!

ZiabR wrote: »
    Why??? :eek:

So we can squad up.

iniall wrote: »
    What Tesco did you find it in? Just been to Bloomfields, no consoles at all.

Local one here, Abbeyfeale.

• Advertisement

GameStop doing their upgrade to an x deal. 179.99 +2 games from their list and any Xbox one or part.

erkifino wrote: »
    GameStop doing their upgrade to an x deal. 179.99 +2 games from their list and any Xbox one or part.

Not that great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Local one here, Abbeyfeale.

Have they internet in abbeyfeale yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

CDKeys have 24% off 12 Month Xbox Live
    Its €37.99 for anyone thats interested

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

erkifino wrote: »

Can you trade in just the xbox console without any games?
    How much would the xbox x console cost then, Does anyone know?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

finno wrote: »

Only Gamestop could answer that but their offers are normally rigid on the terms and locked into the games on the list so I'd say you will only get an answer by calling a store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

amadablam wrote: »
    Only Gamestop could answer that but their offers are normally rigid on the terms and locked into the games on the list so I'd say you will only get an answer by calling a store.

They usually do have deals for if you only have 1 or no games from the list. Iirc it is +€60 for 1 game and +€100 for no games.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

They usually do have deals for if you only have 1 or no games from the list. Iirc it is +€60 for 1 game and +€100 for no games.

Cheers thanks for that, I have one game on the list.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »

I've an OG xbox one and no games, and the cash is bumped to 259.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Keep an eye on Amazon warehouse. Picked up a mint X for £290 two weeks ago. They refunded me £240 for my faulty 2.5 yr old S and I'd already traded the game from the bundle ages ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement