Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Also star wars battlefront 2 is 6 euro? Worth a go at that price?

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any deals on controllers ?

I've been through 9 official controllers since I got my Xbox one about 3/4 years ago, same problem every time the left stick. Anyone else having the same issue ?

Never had problems with the 360 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The black one is €49 in Argos :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6199582.htm

I still have my first 360 controller from Dec 2005 also. Use it weekly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

rottie 11 wrote: »

I've been through 9 official controllers since I got my Xbox one about 3/4 years ago, same problem every time the left stick. Anyone else having the same issue ?

I'm a bad example as I'm a fairly light user but I'm still on my day one X (non scorpio) controller. Previous fat One controller was fine until I traded it too. How heavy a user are you? That's madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Is this the issue with the left stick coming loose and popping into the controller. how old is your controller, should be covered by warranty for 2 years. I had same issue with Recon Tech controller and they replaced it free no questions asked.

theteal wrote: »
    I'm a bad example as I'm a fairly light user but I'm still on my day one X (non scorpio) controller. Previous fat One controller was fine until I traded it too. How heavy a user are you? That's madness.

I don't even use my Xbox much anymore but the left stick keeps going on them. Wonder if the elite controller would suit me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have lost count tbh, I stopped keeping the exchange receipts at 23 I think, I'd say I've went through 30, three Elites included - all the same left thumbstick issue except on eElite controller, the right bumper broke on that. Not one 360 controller failed on me, the thumbsticks were replaced due to wear though lol

That said, about a year ago a new revision of the controller came out and I haven't had a failure yet but then I'm still exchanging it every three months to keep the receipt in date.

skerry wrote: »
    Is this the issue with the left stick coming loose and popping into the controller. how old is your controller, should be covered by warranty for 2 years. I had same issue with Recon Tech controller and they replaced it free no questions asked.

Yes it kinda clicks into the controller and basically gets a mind of its own. I had the last one replaced alright by Xbox bit doubt they'll replace a replacement lol?

Liamalone wrote: »
    I have lost count tbh, I stopped keeping the exchange receipts at 23 I think, I'd say I've went through 30, three Elites included - all the same left thumbstick issue except on eElite controller, the right bumper broke on that. Not one 360 controller failed on me, the thumbsticks were replaced due to wear though lol

That said, about a year ago a new revision of the controller came out and I haven't had a failure yet but then I'm still exchanging it every three months to keep the receipt in date.

Hmm might try the elite controller next so. You keep exchanging the controller straight from the shop is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Yes it kinda clicks into the controller and basically gets a mind of its own. I had the last one replaced alright by Xbox bit doubt they'll replace a replacement lol?

I'd imagine the replacement should be covered under the same warranty as whatever it replaced. Would only take a few minutes to get on to MS customer support chat service and they'd let you know. They are generally very helpful.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The black one is €49 in Argos :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6199582.htm

I still have my first 360 controller from Dec 2005 also. Use it weekly :)

That's a good deal actually considering cex sell used ones for 55. Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Got any in white you can throw my way? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Have you tried doing any exercises to help with the sensitivity issues with your thumb? 'Apparently' practice makes perfect; I havent broken a controller in ages! :o

UCriXjW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you returning controllers that have no fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ECookie13

TitianGerm wrote: »

Yeah WTF is that about.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I dont know if posted here but.
    You can play rainbow six siege for free from 14-17th Feb - deluxe version is also available to buy ATM for 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

If anyone has a broken white controller for an S, thats a in decent enough condition can ya hit me up?

Will pay bucks..

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

I missed Harvey Norman's offer of Xbox One S 1TB dual controller with FIFA 19 for €269 by one day - it finished yesterday. Very disappointed birthday boy today. Anybody got a steer on where to look for a similar deal...?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

iniall wrote: »
    I missed Harvey Norman's offer of Xbox One S 1TB dual controller with FIFA 19 for €269 by one day - it finished yesterday. Very disappointed birthday boy today. Anybody got a steer on where to look for a similar deal...?

Smyths - Xbone S 1TB w/ Fifa & Forza for €259?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-console-bundle-deals/xbox-one-s-1tb-forza-horizon-4-bundle-and-fifa-19/b/800389?utm_source=Circulator&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SW004-19A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

smog wrote: »

That looks good, don't know why I didn't spot it when searching myself. An extra controller would be - what? - €60?

Yes, after going through the amount of substandard controllers that I have, I have no faith in the build quality of the controller so I am keeping that receipt in date until I feel confident that the build quality is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Yes, after going through the amount of substandard controllers that I have, I have no faith in the build quality of the controller so I am keeping that receipt in date until I feel confident that the build quality is acceptable.

Well by your own logic, it sounds like there have been four controllers that have been frivolously returned, and chances are many many more than that.

Faker74 wrote: »
    Well by your own logic, it sounds like there have been four controllers that have been frivolously returned, and chances are many many more than that.

Twice I have returned a non faulty controller to keep my receipt in date, with no chance of 'many more than that' whatever you mean by that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a dick move. I'd be ashamed of myself to do something so pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i really should do this, got mine at christmas and A button feels a bit dodgy

sugarman wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Every time you get a new controller, you have a new 2 year standard EU warranty.

Then, even after that you are protected under Irish consumer law / Sale of goods act for up to 6 years.

Yeah, that's all well and good in theory but usually means nowt but hassle. The outlet I purchased the original controller from swaps it with no questions asked as long as it's within 12 months of purchase - I get a fresh receipt each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

How do you return something to a shop when its work perfectly? What do they say in the shop?

That's a dick move. I'd be ashamed of myself to do something so pathetic.

How so? Is it not a dick move to replace an integral metal inner part of the controller with a plastic inner part which fails repeatedly? These controllers are not cheap ya know.

Ashamed of myself? Hardly, I think it's a great way to retaliate against sub standard products. I have effectively insulated myself against broken controllers :D Microsoft be a big company ya know lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fair fecks to ya, give it to the Man!

Got myself an x for £290 from the warehouse today. Only one at that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement