Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Stupid question but does it have to be 3 Xbox games?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I wouldn't think so. Presumably you can mix and match with PS4.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. Presumably you can mix and match with PS4.

Even better as I've 3 ps4 games I don't need anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Nope, I know from previous trade in deals I have used you can mix with any from the list, which is
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/Content/Docs/TRADE_UPGRADE_OFFER_INCLUSION_LIST.pdf

I literally went to an argos, picked the 2 or 3 cheapest I could get and walked into a game stop 100 metres away and traded them in.

Worth double checking the list as close to making the trade as you can, I have seen titles drop off the list while offers are on.

• Advertisement

Faker74 wrote: »
    Nope, I know from previous trade in deals I have used you can mix with any from the list, which is
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/Content/Docs/TRADE_UPGRADE_OFFER_INCLUSION_LIST.pdf

I literally went to an argos, picked the 2 or 3 cheapest I could get and walked into a game stop 100 metres away and traded them in.

Worth double checking the list as close to making the trade as you can, I have seen titles drop off the list while offers are on.

I have 3 games reserved in Argos, comes to about €58. Still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I currently have an Xbox One S 1TB. Is it worth upgrading to this offer? It will cost me €145 after buying 3 games from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cheapest game on the list is Outcast on the Xbox. You can pick that up for €10 in GameStop even. As others have said both V Rally and Darksiders 3 can be gotten for €15 each in Smyths.

Funny how they have Omega Labyrinth Z listed, a game that was banned here before the release was entirely scrapped due to Sonys new stricter stance on sexual content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

nice one for the game suggestions lads deffo doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone know if they allow same game twice if on one is PS4 and other Xbox?

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »

yes once its on the list

As long as it is on the list for both formats. Pity Outcast is only on the Xbox list as it would give you two games for €10 each, plus you can buy it and then immediately trade it back.

Cheapest game on the list is Outcast on the Xbox. You can pick that up for €10 in GameStop even. As others have said both V Rally and Darksiders 3 can be gotten for €15 each in Smyths.

Funny how they have Omega Labyrinth Z listed, a game that was banned here before the release was entirely scrapped due to Sonys new stricter stance on sexual content.

Cant finf V rally on smyths site?

Any links?

Couldnt find stock with local argos.

Cant finf V rally on smyths site?

Any links?

Couldnt find stock with local argos.

Its on clearance so is no longer listed on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I think I'm going to do this upgrade deal. Could anyone tell me what you have to do to your current xbox before landing at the shop? My nearest Gamestop is a bit away so I would want to be prepared. Do you need to return a controller? Ta

Liamalone wrote: »
    I think I'm going to do this upgrade deal. Could anyone tell me what you have to do to your current xbox before landing at the shop? My nearest Gamestop is a bit away so I would want to be prepared. Do you need to return a controller? Ta

Include whatever was in the original box - so the console, hdmi cable, power cable, and yes the controller.

I'd do a factory reset before bringing it in also.

EDIT: Reset not the way to go apparently

You need a controller, psu, the console, hdmi cable and 3 games from the list.

Reset your console and install a recent game on it to speed up the testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You need to bring everything that orginally comes with the console. You don't need the box though.

Do not factory reset as I brought a brand new one and a reset one and they said they cant test either as they cant set it up using their account/fake account. They asked me to bring in back with an account active on it and they will reset after testing.

Do not factory reset as I brought a brand new one and a reset one and they said they cant test either as they cant set it up using their account/fake account. They asked me to bring in back with an account active on it and they will reset after testing.

Yeah, not worth the risk of having that happen. In my case, the only time I've traded a machine in, they only checked that it turned on. That was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm free this afternoon so I'm going to transfer content to the external hdd, reset and update the Xbox and stick an account and game on it then. All being well, take a scoot after work in the morning and do the deed.

I factory reset mine and it was grand, only 15 mins and I was out the door.

I factory reset mine and it was grand, only 15 mins and I was out the door.

I reset mine. Then ran the set up and installed BF1 on it last year when I traded up to the X. No need to leave your account on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Have reserved a few games in Argos, but won't get a chance to collect them until tomorrow, and then won't get to Gamestop until Saturday. Do they often or quickly update these lists? Anxious!

I assume the original controllers will work with the One X?

I assume the original controllers will work with the One X?

yep. dont forget one has to go with the xbox youre trading though

IvoryTower wrote: »
    yep. dont forget one has to go with the xbox youre trading though
    Aye, have a spare one anyway. So tempted by this even though I don't have the money, don't game that much and only have a ****ty 32 inch TV. :P

Aye, have a spare one anyway. So tempted by this even though I don't have the money, don't game that much and only have a ****ty 32 inch TV. :P

They are getting dozens of Overcooked 2 , Dark Siders 3 and Escapists etc. I am sure they will be removed as soon as the end of day report goes to head office.

Got 3 bundles apparently they are flying out and it was the last three Forza ones my store had. So that's all consoles upgraded in the house.

You can also get BF V or Tomb Raider bundle instead.

Other cheap game options include:
    Trailblazers on Switch 13.99 in Argos
    Souls Calibur VI on Xbox 15 in Smyths

I reset mine. Then ran the set up and installed BF1 on it last year when I traded up to the X. No need to leave your account on the console.

When you are installing a game, I assume you mean from a disc if you are using a temporary account?

• Advertisement

Got 3 bundles apparently they are flying out and it was the last three Forza ones my store had. So that's all consoles upgraded in the house.
    s

What store was this by the way?

I'm not gonna get a chance to make the trade until monday at the earliest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement