Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

I won't be having a scan til 20 weeks :( my family his family and our closest friends know so I'm happy enough already but don't mind telling at 12 weeks to tell the rest of the family .
    I know people wait til 12 or over just to be safe but anything can happen at anytime and it's too hard to keep it to ourselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

E_M_K wrote: »
    I'll be 9.5 weeks having my scan so I feel its too early tell the world, my parents know only & himself. I'm not really showing, I just look like i've just eaten a few too many big dinners! Cheese Princess, 10 weeks at Electric Picnic thats tough!! Say you've vodka in your flask/beaker you brought yourself and just drink water? You also have a cold sore so you can't share?! Throw in a lemon for taste ;-)

I've 2 really good mates staying with me at 10 weeks, dinner, drinks, chats & not drinking will have me sussed straight off. I was thinking of saying we are trying properly & i'm off the drink to increase our chances.

You are one crafty lady EMK....I like it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just found out today that I'm pregnant!! Due March 22nd. It feels so surreal, like a dream!!! Had been ttc for 6 months.

Am sssoooooo happy, but nervous. It means so much to me, but I'm terrified that I won't make it 'all the way' to 9 months. Silly, right???

double digits today :) so happy to be 10 weeks and starting to feel way better except the nearly fainting in Dundrum incident on Saturday during my mini shopping trip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

oh no!! I was just thinkin the same thing, last couple days feel quite good only a bit tired! 10w 4days today! was starting to worry why I wasnt feeling nauseated anymore tho! still 3 weeks until my first hospital appointment!
    anyone else not have theirs yet?

• Advertisement

Mine's not for another 4.5 weeks. It's weird. I don't feel pregnant at all. I have no symptoms, no tiredness, no sickness, not even peeing during the night anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that I haven't had a period, I'd think the test was wrong!

I suppose that makes me pretty lucky in a way but still feels odd.

ainy wrote: »
    still 3 weeks until my first hospital appointment!
    anyone else not have theirs yet?

Have my ante natal app week Wednesday and when I'm there, need to book in for my 1st scan for next time around hopefully can get one early enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Have my ante natal app week Wednesday and when I'm there, need to book in for my 1st scan for next time around hopefully can get one early enough!

I've my scan tomorrow evening, 10.5 weeks according to GP but I think they'll date me behind that. I'm very excited/nervous. Its officially real, lol! My husband keeps asking what it feels like, bar rapidly growing boobs & odd bit of nausea its been same as usual so far.

Lying in a hospital bed as I type :( been in all day due to bad pain in my side last night and today, couldn't find anything wrong so waiting until tomorrow morning to have a scan and see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Lying in a hospital bed as I type :( been in all day due to bad pain in my side last night and today, couldn't find anything wrong so waiting until tomorrow morning to have a scan and see :(

Ah no! Hope you and baby are ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Oh no! :( you poor thing, hope everything is ok :)

Lying in a hospital bed as I type  been in all day due to bad pain in my side last night and today, couldn't find anything wrong so waiting until tomorrow morning to have a scan and see 

oh no, hope all goes well for you babypebble,

Oh no you poor thing! Fingers crossed it's nothing and you and baby are fine.

Got a scan done said everything looks fine so being sent home not knowing what exactly the problem is or was!

Got a scan done said everything looks fine so being sent home not knowing what exactly the problem is or was!

phew, just a bump in the road. look after yourself.

Great news! Hope you feel better soon.

at least nothing is wrong baby pebble! maybe your constipated? that can be painful, I know it happened my sister on her first and she thought she was moving enough but actually wasnt!

oh I had a women in town today basically tell me i'm pregnant! was buying a dress for a friends wedding in 10 days, didn't want to buy before now in case it didn't fit!
    well then went in to the shoe shop to find a pair and the women there started sayin your leaving it late, and then said I suppose you had to see what would fit with a gesture to her stomach :O!! I just walked out of the shop!
    suppose at least she thought I was pregnant and not just fat!!!

I had my scan, changed back to 8w5d's, one baby & heart beat belting away. I'm too early for the public system so I've to go back again in 3 weeks.

E_M_K wrote:
    I had my scan, changed back to 8w5d's, one baby & heart beat belting away. I'm too early for the public system so I've to go back again in 3 weeks.

awe glad to hear all is well, its amazing hearing the heartbeat! sucks being put back a week but at least you got to see the wee thing and know all is going well!!

• Advertisement

E_M_K wrote: »

That's great news. How many weeks did you think you were? They brought me back by 3 days too.

Glad all is ok and hope the pain has gone :)

I have what should be my first scan today but is actually my third! :)

All going well today, might be able to tell the good news soon :) Starting to relax a small bit more now and even maybe enjoying the experience as this will be my last :)

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    That's great news. How many weeks did you think you were? They brought me back by 3 days too.

I thought by the GP I was due 15th March but I knew she was off as i've a long cycle so I'm back to 8w5 or 27th March. Pretty surreal thinking smtg so tiny has a heart beat already! Looks like i'll get to announce it around by birthday in September :-)

I'd say most peoples dates must change when they go for scan because the GP counts from the date of your last period, but you wouldn't ovulate till at least a week after that.

Must be pretty cool to hear the heart beat :)

I'd say most peoples dates must change when they go for scan because the GP counts from the date of your last period, but you wouldn't ovulate till at least a week after that.

Must be pretty cool to hear the heart beat :)

Pregnancy is always counted from the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP) and not from when you ovulate.

Pregnancy is always counted from the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP) and not from when you ovulate.

But then why does the date change when you have a scan?

But then why does the date change when you have a scan?

Because people have different length cycles so they go by the size of the baby.

Because people have different length cycles so they go by the size of the baby.

But the start date of your last period would still be the same, no matter how long your cycle is? Maybe I just don't understand it properly :o

Feeling good bit better today thanks everyone :) according to my scan I'm 11 weeks today but my dates would be 10+3 so not too sure!

• Advertisement

But the start date of your last period would still be the same, no matter how long your cycle is? Maybe I just don't understand it properly :o

Your pregnancy at scan is dated by size of baby.
    Unless there's a vast difference your due date will be calculated from 1st day last Period.

Advertisement