Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABYMETAL

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

blastman wrote: »
    Nope and nope, but you're nearly there.....
    :D I know I'm mental, Fcking "BABYMENTAL". I don't care, I freaking love them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I recommend you start off with these. The live experience is what Babymetal is all about, Turn up the HD for an enhanced visual experience

Be sure to take in

Akatsuki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQsayrmMoU
    Megitsune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3NMZAUKGw
    Onedari Daisuksen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUg9tCFfoI
    Akumu no Rondo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAHL155Lew

Sorry, changed my mind.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sorry, changed my mind.

Its all good :cool:

Babymetal opened for Lady Gaga last night in Phoenix AZ.

They will play the opening act a 4 more of her shows in Stateline, Los Vegas, Utah and Denver.

Its on to Canada for the rock festival, Heavy Montreal

Then back home to Japan for 2 shows of Summersonic festival 2014, Tokyo and Osaka.

Then 2 final solo shows at Chiba City Tokyo to finish off the world tour.

Got some great HD video here of the band rehearsing Akatsuki before the London show.

You can see Suzuka, Mikio, Leda, Boh and Hideki all on stage, No make-up or stage clothes

Everything live, Brilliant stuff

Have a look.

http://vimeo.com/102346162

• Advertisement

10569976_664851823606596_1652569517_n.jpg

Performing at the MGM Grand arena in Los Vegas. Babymetal are moving up in the world. They've added a new member. Gagametal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This really should be a blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Or evidence

This is a new and very niche genre, Not everyone is going to get it. That has been evident from this world tour, up to this point.

Europe was a huge success. The crowds at Legend "Y" in Paris and Legend "M" in Cologne were brilliant. Small venues but wedged with adoring fans, Really got behind them, creating an electric atmosphere.

They went down very well at Sonisphere in their first real test of a western metal audience. They had a great set and the crowd was loving it.

The show in London was absolutely amazing. I managed to get in the front row myself, So close literally about 10 feet from band. It was unreal. 2500 people going absolutely fcking insane.
    That performance was their biggest yet outside of Japan, So much so that they had a full camera crew shooting the show, streaming it live back to sold out theaters in Tokyo.

The USA has had some want of a muted response to them so far. What you would have expected really.
    Their independent show in LA was good. Babymetal always put on a fantastic performance. but the crowd enthusiasm and atmosphere created at the gig was tame compared to the high energy crowds in Europe.

The Gaga Support leg of the tour is the greatest evidence that people either love this band or they don't get it at all.

From the fancam videos at each venue you see a couple hundred fans at the front who are really into it from the start, They are doing just a 4 song set at these support shows compared to a 14 song set at their own shows.
    Support grows as more of the crowd gets into it, and they perform their big YouTube hit.
    But I've heard from some Babymetal fans who have went to these shows, saying that they very much felt they were in with the wrong crowd, very evident in the closing song, IDZ where calls for the Wall of Death largely fell on deaf ears of Lady Gaga fans.

Thankfully the support leg is almost over and Babymetal can get back to the metal fans who love them most. Heavy Montreal will no doubt be another high after the lull of the US leg.

Then they will return to Japan on another level of star status from when they left. Returning to the Summer Sonic stage in Osaka and Tokyo and finishing of with 2 independent shows to 18 thousand people at Chiba City.

To your left. BABYMETAL Guitarist Mr Ohmura Takayoshi
    Show them how it's done.

Both of these guys are unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

That is some terribly bland guitar playing. The proper definition of "fretboard ****"

This is something else, Not just for Babymetal fans. But fans of any of Takayoshi Ohmura's work with C4, Marty Friedman or any of his other projects.

Actual Guitar lessons from the master himself, taking you through the process of BM instrumentals among many others in his own home studio

Here the first

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22pjs0_%E5%A4%A7%E6%9D%91%E5%AD%9D%E4%BD%B3-takayoshi-ohmura-guitar-lesson-4-idz-babymetal_music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Were you at all those gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This is an unhealthy obsession.

Heavy Montreal get ready to join the Metal Resistance.

Don't like Babymetal Click

Heavy Montreal crowd "Loving them some Babymetal" as thousands gather to see them perform live on The Heavy Stage.

Before
    BunKd7HCcAEPlSX.jpg:large
    During

BunoeS1CcAAH-ut.jpg:large
    BunoeUFCQAAw6el.jpg:large

After
    BunXQv4CMAEPiKU.jpgBunM7M7IUAA5hJK.png

Metal Insider’s Top 5: Performances of Heavy Montreal 2014

Capture.png

Great piece here on Babymetal from an Irish website. Andy Kavanagh of The-Arcade.ie writes about why

BABYMETAL Are The Most Important Act in Music Right Now

Have a read. Great stuff.

http://www.the-arcade.ie/2014/08/babymetal-are-the-most-important-act-in-music-right-now/

HOLLY F.U.C.K!

BABYMETAL ARE COMMING BACK TO LONDON IN NOVEMBER

Shows in New York and London on What they call "The Final Round 2014"

banner_usauk.jpg

I am so there

BABYMETAL ARE BACK!
    From The 2500 sell out of The Forum in July to the 5000 capacity Brixton O2 Academy on Nov 6th

original.jpg
    O2-Academy-Brixton-hellobrixton.com_.jpg

• Advertisement

Tickets secured, flights booked. Ready for round 2.

Black Babymetal - Onedari Daisakusen

The Forum, London went absolutely fcking mental for this. Couldn't find a live version with Kami Band. Have to settle for the earlier Babybone version i'm afraid.

Still awesome Yuimetal, Moametal Killed it!

Babymetal hit New Your City on Nov 4th.

The Manhattan Center. :cool:

Paramore_Hammerstein_Ballroom_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/babymetal-playing-new-york-city/
    Babymetal Playing New York City SEPTEMBER 4, 2014 BY CHRIS HARRIS LEAVE A COMMENT

I can think of a bunch of lame metal bloggers who’ll probably be there, but you wouldn’t catch me dead at a Babymetal concert.
    Not in New York, not in Japan. Not nowhere.

Babymetal are ****ing stupid, and anyone who supports them in any way is a misguided malcontent with a small brain.

But yes, folks — Babymetal is coming to New York City for a show booked November 4 at Hammerstein Ballroom on West 34th Street).

Tickets go on sale Friday, September 5 at 10 a.m.

However, there is a pre-sale running today from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Ticketmaster.

Use the code “METAL” if you are that desperate to watch three pre-teen Japanese girls with no conception of what they’re doing play dress up on stage.

Babymetal’s first U.S. show was a sold out gig in Los Angeles.

Where else?

If this New York Babymetal show sells out, I may have to mail a nail bomb to the venue that morning.

A really powerful one.

:P
    tumblr_n17b1p22P71tnos68o1_400.gif

There seems to be no other Babymetal fans on boards so this probably a pointless request but you can vote for Babymetal to represent MTV Japan at the MTV EMA's in Glagsow this November, To be nominated for a world music award.
    10628507_561930860600842_1078361318134044173_n.png?oh=5fe5f1fb74ef4b4f932f8f04acdaf363&oe=549C2BC3

To vote, simply tweet #MTVEMA ‪#‎NominateBABYMETAL

20140913144130.jpg

BABYMETAL to play their biggest gig ever 10/1/15. 36,000 people :eek: at the Saitama Super Arena, Saitama City Japan

Last night they played their 1st solo show in Japan since their return from their world tour at Makuhari Messe.

As soon as the show was over, Many fans did not leave but started the que for the 2nd show tonight. A 22 hour wait. Good luck my fellow Babymetalers. *Kitsune*

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

There seems to be no other Babymetal fans on boards so this probably a pointless

Couldn't agree more. :pac:

Fans at Makuhari Messe treated to a performance of " Kimi to Anime ga Mitai" a song they haven't performed since "Legend I" over a year ago.

The song was collaboration with "Kiba Of Akiba" another rock band from Japan

This one again before "The Kami band" became a permanent fixture. Babymetal are now on completely different level with some of the finest musicians on this planet.

Mad respect to

Takayoshi Ohmura
    12997.jpg

Leda
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU7xfAAshWvTwWbqn8RDSIYlMr7EuxBqSsS9vwEbVw7cX54j3BXA

Boh!
    100418_0182.JPG

Hideki Aoyama
    AOYAMA1.jpg

Mikio Fuzioka
    GIT_Fujioka.jpg

I like Babymetal... their songs are catchy and they're cute. But they're really not much more than that.

As someone who has been following Visual Kei and Japanese rock/punk/metal for some time, I can't help but feel bitter about the amount of attention they're getting. I've encountered bands out there that really have talent, that really do work hard, put everything into their music and love their fans, but they've gone almost nowhere. Then all of a sudden Babymetal gets shot to the front of the line.
    If Babymetal had to fend for themselves in the Japanese music industry, they'd be drowned out in no time. Luckily for them they have a big studio backing them. I kind of feel sorry for the girls as well - Su is barely 16 as far as I know, and the other two are younger, yet they're being treated as sex objects by salarymen. I went to their instore live once - at Tower Records - and the amount of people trying to grab them/ shouting inappropriate things is absurd. This is what they've been sold as, so this is how the public sees them.

I hope their success continues, even if my feelings are very mixed.

(and yes, I am going to their Saitama gig... stop judging me...)

• Advertisement

I like Babymetal... their songs are catchy and they're cute. But they're really not much more than that.

As someone who has been following Visual Kei and Japanese rock/punk/metal for some time, I can't help but feel bitter about the amount of attention they're getting. I've encountered bands out there that really have talent, that really do work hard, put everything into their music and love their fans, but they've gone almost nowhere. Then all of a sudden Babymetal gets shot to the front of the line.

Having the backing of Amuse has helped Babymetal. No doubt. But you can't really say it's the only reason for their success. The 3 singers deserve a huge amount of respect for their own success. The lead Suzuka has been working on the idol scene for over 10 years. Despite her young age she has years of experience in Musical theater, to Karen Girls to Sakura Gakuin and now with Babymetal. Yui and Moa have similar stories of working up to this point.
    They have all shown determination, dedication and hard work (often for very little reward) to reach this level.

The Heavy Sound subunit of Sukura Gakuin was one of many units, all with different themes. Babymetal happens to be the one that took off, People loved this new sound of J pop mixed with Heavy metal.
    At first it was just the girls performing to a metal track and skeleton/babybone band on stage. But as the band grew in popularity, Babymetal has moved up several gears. The content of the music improved. The backing track instrumental has been replace by an outstanding band of some of the finest metal musicians in the world today
    I kind of feel sorry for the girls as well - Su is barely 16 as far as I know, and the other two are younger, yet they're being treated as sex objects by salarymen.

I disagree that they are sold as sex objects. Although I agree that there is a fine line between the Japaneses culture of Kawaii (Cutness) and the sexualisation of young women in the idol scene/ popular culture It could be seen as a controversial subject.

There are always going to be people who are drawn to their product for their appearance/beauty. It undoubtedly is part of the market.
    But I believe that it's a small part. Looks/Image will only get you so far. If they didn't have that talent, The quality and originality of music style, of production, of their live performance they wouldn't draw thousands of fans all over the world to their shows and they definitely would not have been embraced by the Metal community in the way that they have, They have shared stages with the greats and won over many metal fans (A notoriously difficult group of music fans to except anything that pulls Metal in a different direction)

I hope their success continues, even if my feelings are very mixed.
    (and yes, I am going to their Saitama gig... stop judging me...)[/QUOTE]

If you survive the IDZ Wall of Death it will be the an incredible experience, A show you'll never forget. Enjoy it. You may go in there with mixed feelings but by a few songs in you will be converted, all doubt removed.

I would say you only get about 40% of the Babymetal experience from audio and video content. The live show is something you just have to experience yourself. I can't describe in words.

Advertisement