Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABYMETAL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Grayditch wrote: »
    He's not really doing anything wrong, in fairness.

You'll have to get yourself a Babymetal buddy on here, Devil.

There's quite a few folks on boards who like Babymetal, myself (begrudgingly) included, but are either put off by the OP's obsessive posting style, or some of the aggressive nay-saying on the other thread. Some folks just want to listen to the music they like and maybe have a chat about it without having to justify whether it's 'metal' enough, or come across borderline obsessive/creepy comments, it's a double-whammy of offputting, so they might look at a thread and go "...eeeh! I'm leaving this one alone!" :/

Thing is, the OP ain't wrong about the musicians behind Babymetal, they are staggeringly talented.

Hell, wanna talk about obsessed? I absolutely ****ing love the guitarist Leda, he's hands down probably my biggest inspiration for playing guitar these days, I've got nearly everything he's done or been involved with, I've got both his guitar DVDs and if I was rich, I'd get his iconic signature guitar in a heartbeat. First knew of him when he played bass in Galneryus and went by the name of Yu-to, and then I heard something about his new band Deluhi (that's the band's name, not his surname like the OP thought) and I was just floored by them, I was an insta-fan and they've remained one of my favourite bands ever since. After Deluhi broke up, Leda went on to do his solo project Undivide with former Deluhi drummer Sujk, and then on Sujk's solo albums where he's supposedly just played on track 7, but you can totally tell he did all the guitars for that album. :D Sorry for the gushing fangirl display. :p

But anyway, the musicians behind Babymetal are indeed an incredibly talented bunch, and I'd even say that they're better than Babymetal. I'm partly sore that Leda doesn't do something else new, because his creativity doesn't quite come through in Babymetal, it's a bit generic. But I don't think he's really got much creative input into the group anywho.

I also recently took a trip to London to see Girugamesh live when they played in the O2 Academy, it was an incredible show, loved every minute of it. So yeah, I get obsessive. It's understandable, having passion for music is awesome. But you can be obsessive and stuff and still engage in a discussion, instead of acting like a spammer, constantly pimping your favourite band, you know? But yeah, I don't think the OP is doing anything wrong either, he's just going about it weird. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

That Leda lad is unreal. Admittedly I didn't know about him prior to Babymetal or indeed any of the guys. But thanks to Babymetal I have since looked back on allot of their individual work. I was ridiculously close to him on Monday, He fcking shreds that guitar.

Its hard to point out anyone in this group for individual brilliance but I would go with the Bassist BOH! He violates that 6 string bass.
    FNcgjYLa_400x400.jpeg

My praise for Suzuka, Yui and Moa is well known. I think they are awesome
    But I also have found mad respect for the quality of everyone involved

I should also point out that the "Skeleton band" is a thing of the past. They were used in Japan at a time when Babymetal had not yet tasted international success.

Since they have blown up with the release of their album and videos went viral online. There was a decision made to upgrade Babymetal and take on the world. Since the ground-breaking 20,000 sell out show at Budokan. Babymetal have been on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Sweet Jebus, is he still going? There are people IN Babymetal that aren't this obsessed with the band......

I have to admit, I did get a giggle out of this, though..... :D

babymetal1.jpg

Yes, that's Gary Holt and KERRY F#&KING KING!!!

blastman wrote: »
    I have to admit, I did get a giggle out of this, though..... :D

Yes, that's Gary Holt and KERRY F#&KING KING!!!

I raise you Bill & Jeff from Carcass :pac:

10379978_704974979549771_8158909988203473454_o.jpg

10403909_704974902883112_6332706687653282888_o.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah Babymetal have pretty much been embraced by everyone who is anyone in Heavy Metal music. Sonisphere was a huge success

In fact Babymetal had met many of these guys before at festivals in Japan last year. They have had nothing but support from these big names, who they will rock out with again at HEAVY Montreal festival later this summer.

Awesome action shot here during Ijime Dame Zettai in London.

The fight scene
    Yui on the left in a flying kick. Moa Jumping backward to the right in perfect sync.

This on the last song of the night

Babymetal_action.jpg

BM this week broke records in Tokyo as the fastest sellout indoor concert by a Japanese act. in history. The 10,000 tickets sold in 47sec. A 2nd date was added and another 10,000 were gone in less than 2min. according to Amuse Entertainment. The only other act to sell tickets faster for a Tokyo venue was a Beyonce concert in 2007.

0f85e6bbf831d38e0e39931e7af52ff10cab11846ffd6dd31c4f13da0dab8191.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Is it just me or does nearly every pop culture movement that comes from Japan involve underage looking Lolita type girls?Something a bit creepy about it all.

• Advertisement

darkdubh wrote: »
    Is it just me or does nearly every pop culture movement that comes from Japan involve underage looking Lolita type girls?Something a bit creepy about it all.

Not really the case, it's selection bias. If you want to see what's actually popular in Japan, the biggest selling album of all time in Japan is Utada Hikaru's First Love. She's one of the biggest selling artists.

However, the biggest selling artist of all time in Japan is B'z:

Pretty boring, eh? Inoffensive, radio-friendly pop rock. Not exactly the sort of craziness people seem to expect from Japan, is it? But stuff like that is popular.

Or we can look at a band that's absolutely huge outside of Japan, who do massive tours world wide, I'd even guess you've probably heard of them, L'Arc En Ciel:

You might look at something like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and think that's the kind of crazy thing that everyone in Japan listens to, but it's not, her latest album really didn't sell all that well. She's mainly well known overseas, and simply because the above video went viral and got millions of hits, it's the kind of 'crazy weirdness' that people associate with Japan though.

That's not to say the likes of idol groups aren't popular too, they are, but they're far from 'every' pop culture movement from Japan. Japan is pretty damn normal tbh :)

10532343_10152551457464764_7613820361723417845_n.jpg

Metal Hammer Magazine viewers vote BABYMETAL(Japan) the winners of The Heavy Metal World Cup. Beating Machine Head(USA) in the final.

Babymetal make their US debut on Sunday night, Playing the sold out Fonda theater in LA.

I just saw a tweet from Guitarist "Leda" saying he had done a support show for DIAGO in Tokyo earlier today and just about caught his flight to LA for his show with Babymetal. Busy man.

He was the last of the group to leave, The rest of Babymetal arrived together in LA last night.

Message to US fans

It's probably not a great idea for Lady Gaga to have Babymetal perform before her. After she is upstaged by Suzuka, The main act will be a bit of a let down for the crowd.

Leda. This dude need his own thread. Fck me! This guy can play.

Do us all a favour, don't start one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He looks like one of the Golden Girls.

Seeing some concerning news today. According to people at their show last night in LA posting messages on Reddit.

An ambulance (siren on) pulled up the emergency doors at the side of the venue shortly after the show. Crew and even staff surrounded the doors, blocking peoples view of who it was for.
    Concert goers asked event staff and were told that someone from the band had passed out after coming off stage but they wouldn't say who exactly.

Hoping today that they are all okay.:(

People reported that it was very hot inside the small venue, maybe one of the girls passed out from exhaustion or heat stroke or something?

Grayditch wrote: »
    He looks like one of the Golden Girls.

It's just a style, an image, yes it is quite a feminine look but that's common for men in the music/entertainment scene in Japan.

More on the incident following the LA show. Apparently it was MoaMetal

ZjJM4.jpg1794814_473021809511099_1650428380606941922_n.jpg

Moa Kikuchi (15) who was rushed to a local hospital by LAFD after the show on Sunday night.
    Reports say she was not unconscious but feeling very tired and dizzy after the show. Apparently the AC gave out on stage during the performance and they were all exhausted after the show but Moa was the worst affected. The other band members didn't go with her in the ambulance but left by a different exit and followed in a band van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mental thread altogether...

Birneybau wrote: »
    Mental thread altogether...

Sure is. Mental could definitely describe this band. or this thread.
    Babymetal messes with your head man. Until you just embrace it. I've never embraced a band as fast or in all my life.
    I've passed the point of no return. I'm hooked on everything weird and wonderful that is Babymetal.
    I went to London to see them a few weeks ago and I'd go back in the morning if they returned. You've never seen anything like it.

Their best interviews are with Hotwave in Tokyo. The interviewer is great with them. They are so chilled out talking about their music about Babymetal and life off the stage showing their individual personalities

These filmed before they their International success.
    Check them out if you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kittee83

I'm glad the thread is still running.

Only fell in love with them this past week :) I find myself headbanging down the road with my headphones on :)

Am very disappointed that I can't find their album on sale in Ireland, especially in HMV, who I thought sold every variety of music. Also, that I had missed their London concert by two weeks because I only found out about them recently :)

They are easing me into listening to Metal music, actually. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

It's probably not a great idea for Lady Gaga to have Babymetal perform before her. After she is upstaged by Suzuka, The main act will be a bit of a let down for the crowd.

I doubt it. A lot of Gaga's fans are like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Kittee83 wrote: »
    I'm glad the thread is still running.

This thread will never die. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kittee83

Luke92 wrote: »
    This thread will never die. Unfortunately.

If you don't like Babymetal, don't follow the post. Simples. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You know what, for sh!ts and giggles, I'm going to give them a go.

Will report back.

Sure is. Mental could definitely describe this band. or this thread.

Nope and nope, but you're nearly there.....

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    You know what, for sh!ts and giggles, I'm going to give them a go.

Will report back.

I recommend you start off with these. The live experience is what Babymetal is all about, Turn up the HD for an enhanced visual experience

Be sure to take in

Akatsuki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQsayrmMoU
    Megitsune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3NMZAUKGw
    Onedari Daisuksen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUg9tCFfoI
    Akumu no Rondo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAHL155Lew

Advertisement