Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56

Options
  • 28-06-2014 4:18pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am selling my Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56 IR. It was bought brand new on the last day of February this year. Here is the review i done on it. The scope is only 4 months old. I wanted something top spec, but without the usual high price tag. The Sightron filled the spot nicely. I had planned on keeping the scope, but another rifle has come up with a perfectly good scope as part of the package deal so it's a case of sell the Sightron i know about or the other scope that i cannot vouch for.

The features are:
    • S-TAC
    • 2.5-17.5 magnification
    • 56mm objective lens
    • Illuminated target dot reticle
    • MOA "hash" marks on reticle for easy ranging/aiming off
    • Eye Relief of 3.5-3.7 IN
    • Click Value: 1/4 MOA
    • Side parallax from 10 yards to infinity
    • Fov: 41.9-6.1 FT @ 100 yards
    • Length: 14.5 IN
    • Tube Diameter 30mm
    • Windage 40 MOA
    • Elevation 80 MOA
    • Weight: 30.6 OZ
    • Matte Black finish
    • 15 MOA per revolution
    • Tactical turrets
    • Flip up lens caps with Sightron logo

One other small aspect that the scope has that is a gem is the illuminated reticle dial/control. It is only a small target dot in the very centre meaning in low light the illuminated reticle will not blind you or obscure your target, plus you get excellent target acquisition as your eye is drawn to the dot only. So perfect for stalking, but the bit that is specific to Sightron is the way it's activated. It has brightness settings from 1 to 11. However between each setting is an off setting. Meaning there is no need to turn it from your desired setting to 0 to turn it off. You simply turn it from say 6 to "6.5" (dot between numbers) and it's off, 3 to "3.5", 10 to "10.5", etc. Then turn it back to the full number (6,3,10, etc) to turn it on again. This can be done for any brightness setting.

On top is the usual perfect clarity of Sightron scopes, and with the magnification going down as low as 2.5 and all the way up to 17.5 you have the ability to see clearly with no lamp or zoom right in to a long range shot. There is only one or two other scopes in the world that have this range of mag, but as they are Zeiss, etc. the price tag of which is 2.5 to 3 times that of the Sightron.

As said above i have the Rifle it's on in it's own advert and want it to remain as such because i might be putting the rifle into a dealer instead of selling but only the rifle. As my plans have changed the scope will now either go with the rifle (if sold privately) or preferably sold separately from the rifle. Hence the two adverts.

The scope cost €960 back in February. It is spotless with no rings marks, etc on it. The rifle has only fired 42 rounds on the range and the scope was on it for those rounds only. So it has seen no field work. It comes with it's original box, paperwork, guarantee, tools, cleaning cloth, and wrappings. So basically you have the chance to buy a new scope for second hand money.

Asking €795 ovno.

Thanks for looking.

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15165

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15166

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15040

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15041

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15168

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15169
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement