Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sightron S-Tac

Options
  • 28-02-2014 3:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With the imminent arrival of the new RPA Interceptor i've been on the look out for a good scope to go on her. I looked at the usual suspects, but found myself wanting something new, yet reliable and known.

I turned to Sightron and their new S-Tac series of scopes. Having met John Dean (Aim Field Sports) at the Creedmoor, and having bought from him before i contacted him about the scope.

He had the scope in stock and in the model i wanted. The MOA reticle with illuminated target dot. The 2.5 - 17.5 range of mag adjustment had me intrigued. I could not find another manufacturer with such a range and more to the point at a reasonable price. So i decided to go ahead with it. I range John two weeks ago and got the ball rolling on the export permit (legal requirement for the scope). I got the call on Tuesday that the export was through. I made the payment yesterday morning, and got an e-mail within an hour to say the scope was packed and shipped.

It arrived half an hour ago. Not bad at all. 26 hours from payment to arrival. The scope is everything i hoped it would be. Sturdy, not heavy, tactical turrets, perfectly clear from 2.5 power right up to 17.5 power. The very fine target dot to prevent blinding that occurs with some illuminated reticles at dusk/dawn, the offset dial for the illumination (prevent hitting it with the hand when cycling the bolt), the matte finish and the fine yet distinctive crosshair.

To say i'm delighted is an understatement. The thing that is pleasing the most is i now have a suitably good scope to go atop of the RPA.

I've listed the features of the scope and then a few pics. I'll throw up some more when i pick up the rifle and get the scope mounted. The bottom two are poor pictures, but are off the reticle and then the target dot. Got a call last night to say my sub was done so should have it all up and running within the week.

Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56
    • Model Name: S-TAC2.5-17.5X56IRMOA
    • Magnification: 2.5-17.5X
    • Object Diameter: 56
    • Eye Relief: 3.5-3.7 IN
    • Reticle Type: MOA-3 IR
    • Click Value: 1/4 MOA
    • Fov: 41.9-6.1 FT
    • Length: 14.5 IN
    • Tube Diameter: 30mm
    • Windage Elevation Travel: 40/80 MOA
    • Weight: 30.6 OZ
    • Finish: Matte Black
    • Minutes Per Revolution: 15 MOA
    • Knob Type: Tactical

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15037

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15038

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15039

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15040

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15041

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15042

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15043

picture.php?albumid=2367&pictureid=15044
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

Advertisement