Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Car Boot Sale "Thursday 4th 7pm Lamb Doyles"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

He needs the practice LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Don't want to be smart or offend anyone, but I'm presuming this isn't actually going ahead now?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

No - some folks didn't get back to me. I'll try them again - I'll make sure it is known and give some lead time on it. Weekends are out for most, Tuesday->Thursday are out for a lot with club leagues etc... so Monday and Fridays...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No - some folks didn't get back to me. I'll try them again - I'll make sure it is known and give some lead time on it. Weekends are out for most, Tuesday->Thursday are out for a lot with club leagues etc... so Monday and Fridays...

Typical.

On holidays from Monday week so probably miss it now

Any news Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Also have about 2 cupboards worth of stashed stuff that I wouldn't mind getting rid off. Count me in if this will happen.

Is he ever off the bike I am going to make an app that comes up on your Garmin when somebody reply's on boards and sell it @ the car boot sale Microsoft get on this quick .

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Carpenter wrote: »
    Is he ever off the bike I am going to make an app that comes up on your Garmin when somebody reply's on boards and sell it @ the car boot sale Microsoft get on this quick .

Actually, I think the new Edge 1000 would do that-it gets email alerts from your phone, so if you are following a thread, anything new will pop up on that. Only problem is, you probably would have to have the carboot sale first in order to sell enough stuff to be able to afford the edge 1000...

If people are that concerned about it, why not contact Lamb Doyles yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm hoping, this drags on until the Mark Mullen League is over.
    Three more Mondays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If people are that concerned about it, why not contact Lamb Doyles yourselves?

Ryan has already spoken to them so that contact has been made through him. I'd leave at that until Ryan gets back to us.

godtabh wrote: »
    Ryan has already spoken to them so that contact has been made through him. I'd leave at that until Ryan gets back to us.

I know, so can we maybe stop hassling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Why don't people lay out all their stuff, arrange it in a display pile of sorts, take a photo and lash the photo up here? It's surely the handiest virtual car-boot sale for cycling stuff that we all have access to?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

fat bloke wrote: »
    Why don't people lay out all their stuff, arrange it in a display pile of sorts, take a photo and lash the photo up here? It's surely the handiest virtual car-boot sale for cycling stuff that we all have access to?

I am just going to say no to that, thats pretty much what the adverts forum is and that is enough. You could always set one up in the car parks further out the LUAS line, i know the classic car club in south Dublin used to do that once a month, car park is so quiet that no one cared although it may be a tad far for those without a car.

Koobcam wrote: »
    Actually, I think the new Edge 1000 would do that-it gets email alerts from your phone, so if you are following a thread, anything new will pop up on that. Only problem is, you probably would have to have the carboot sale first in order to sell enough stuff to be able to afford the edge 1000...

Feck

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Get In There

fat bloke wrote: »

Could set up a facebook page and create albums by components to make it easier for people to sort through the stuff. Would be a lot handier as opposed to mind numbingly scrolling down through wall posts to find that photo of a certain item you saw posted for sale a few days ago..

But of course that would require a generous volunteer with time to admin the page and unfortunately that rules me out...

If I'm around I'd be looking out for a pm, frameset and/or group set. Will defo be window shopping unless I see something I really like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Could set up a facebook page and create albums by components to make it easier for people to sort through the stuff. Would be a lot handier as opposed to mind numbingly scrolling down through wall posts to find that photo of a certain item you saw posted for sale a few days ago..
    Adverts.ie

I presume nothing more has been heard from Lamb Doyles. Anyone have any other suggestions for possible locations that we could ask permission to use their car parks.

I was thinking somewhere like the Goat in Clonskeagh, not because they are close to me or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

The Goat would be very handy for me. Has a nice big car park as well, so not a bad spot for a car boot sale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

What about somewhere central like the Phoenix Park.
    Popes Cross carpark for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Someplace in Drogheda would suit me fine!

ROK ON wrote: »
    What about somewhere central like the Phoenix Park.
    Popes Cross carpark for example?

Would we have to get permission from the park rangers (is that what they are called?)?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... think I need a bigger boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I'm just off the phone to Mr. David Morton of Lamb Doyles.

Essentially any Tuesday or Thursday evening suits him (soccer on Mondays and Wednesdays) and the far end of his carpark is always there for cyclists.

In saying that he would be much more likely to have cyclists again if they could manage to "spend more than a penny" in his pub, in his own words.

In terms of daylight next Tuesday the 2nd of September is the obvious time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any chance of a thursday?
    Or even a vote?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Or even a vote?

A vote, differing opinions, what kind of a forum do you think we are running here :p

MOD VOICE: As it turns out, I can't seem to add in an option for a poll. To make things easier, if you would prefer a Tuesday, thank my post above (#58) if you would prefer Thursday thank Green&Reds post (#57).

I will count the thanks tomorrow evening when I get home and we can run with that if there are no other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Green&Red wrote: »
    Or even a vote?

Thursday sounds nearly* as good.

*5 minutes worse :P

http://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en/ireland/dublin/2014/august/14

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

CramCycle wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: As it turns out, I can't seem to add in an option for a poll.
    I can - if you like it just thank this post:pac:

Advertisement