Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

STG.Otaku wrote: »

got a sudden urge to watch some Van Der Valk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Down here in waterford I could only get eircom, upc lines stopped 100m away from my house.

Eircom did upgrade the lines though and ive had fibre for a while. Decent 50+ speeds but the router I have is absolute sh1te. Been meaning to get a proper one for a while now but I always manage to spend the money on something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

bunch of spoiled children :)
    I've a 3mb aerial , line of sight type shared connection. Doesn't work well when it's windy or when leaves are out on trees ...

but on windless winter days I can watch youtube videos in beautiful 720p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

LongZ wrote: »
    bunch of spoiled children :)
    I've a 3mb aerial , line of sight type shared connection. Doesn't work well when it's windy or when leaves are out on trees ...

but on windless winter days I can watch youtube videos in beautiful 720p

Irish Broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Airwire :)
    local lads down the road, turn left at the Moy road past the big fence.

200_s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know someone down in Clare who works for them and Tom from Father ted is a fairly accurate description.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Went Amiibo hunting today and managed to nab a couple.

1DDE0CCA-478B-4C00-BF15-D2380B2F0C43_zpscmg378du.jpg

Wasn't really sure I wanted Greninja but figured I'd get it as I probably won't see one again soon.

Dying to get ness and pacman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pacman will have to be a Jap import then, and it's only getting pricier from there too.
    Best buy asap to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pacman will have to be a Jap import then, and it's only getting pricier from there too.
    Best buy asap to be honest.

Yeah I've my eye on a few eBay auctions, but honestly I don't want to spend over €20 on a figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah I've my eye on a few eBay auctions, but honestly I don't want to spend over €20 on a figure.

I wonder will this be one of those posts we look back on in a few years & go "would you look at us, giving out about spending €20 on an Amiibo, imagine you could get them at that price back then" :o Kills me seeing posts like that for games I want, "€30 for Wily Wars, hmm, I'll wait & get it cheaper elsewhere" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Watch out for the chinese fakes that are flooding the market, read it somewhere on the internet recently so it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'm afraid to buy even one amiibo, the hype surrounding them is mad and I know I'd end up spending a fortune.

blag wrote: »
    I'm afraid to buy even one amiibo, the hype surrounding them is mad and I know I'd end up spending a fortune.

Indeed, I'm the same. Each to their own certainly applies, but man am I glad I haven't been bitten by the Amii-bug

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

blag wrote: »

Or you'd end up MAKING a fortune!!

rich-man-fd79d5cdc7882bf9b414811,305,0,0,0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thing is, even if you bought all the Amiibo and sold the rarer ones for 'market' prices you'd probably be in profit, if people were into that of course. I don't see the problem with them really, they are just like any collectible figure and with the added bonus of (limited) functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

The thing with these though, they're only rare now as the current production run has sold out - what's to stop Nintendo producing a new batch of the rarer ones if they saw a profit in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I've been aware of Amiibos but never paid any attention to them. Now that I have a Wii U I looked into getting JUST a toon link but my research online tells me that once you have 1, it will never be enough.

I saw the following on a comic book site yesterday and found it a good, amiibo related, read:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/03/hi-my-name-is-joe-and-im-an-amiibo-addict/

which charity shop was dumb enough to price them that low?

sorry, I missed this one. Beloved I think it's called... and yes I'm being deliberately vague... territorial if you will...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My problem is that with my weird taste in games the Amiibos I do want tend to be the very rare ones.

I really want the Fire emblem ones...

• Advertisement

sorry, I missed this one. Beloved I think it's called... and yes I'm being deliberately vague... territorial if you will...

actually just seen your location via your adverts profile.
    you won't have to worry about me mooching in on your territory.

Just slipped into a last minute ebay auction for a pacman amiibo and got it for £15.29 posted from Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

you won't have to worry about me mooching in on your territory.
    This reminded me.
    I used do the 2nd hand shops the same day every week and one time this guy appeared, was doing all the same shops and only doing the games part too, got kinda annoyed.
    I glared at him and of course being as intimidating as I am, couldn't really blame him for not showing up in my turf again.
    1420122441833.png
    Dramatization may not have happened.
    Real talk - I'd imagine he was just a student with a day off

a little like this?

194.jpg

Sometimes I'd see a bunch if games that I have already so I leave them alone... and then I'd go back a few days later and they're gone...

suspicious-fry.jpg

I've done pretty well over the years. Got 3 perfectly in box final fantasy 8 action figures last year. They're the last things I ever expected to find in an Irish charity shop. In that case, I assumed that some poor soul went off to Australia/ Canada and their Ma was like "I'll just clean the room while they're away and get rid of some of this old junk they won't ever want again..."

Picked up a few bits delivered yesterday to work.
    Q*bert for the NES, Silent Scope Complete for the Xbox and Rise of the Kasai for the PS2, an NTSC only sequel to Mark of Kri.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,521 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you get the rifle with Silent Scope Complete?

I didn't know Mark of Kri had a sequel, must check that out!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you get the rifle with Silent Scope Complete?

I didn't know Mark of Kri had a sequel, must check that out!

No, but I think that rifle is a 3rd party light gun, it does give me an excuse to buy an Xbox light gun, a thing I don't own.
    The art style in Rise of the Kasai is lovely though one review felt the fighting mechanics are far too simple.
    I look forward to playing it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not really a get i guess but insulated the man shed. Couldnt be arsed plastering it.
    Before and after as all projects go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,521 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, but I think that rifle is a 3rd party light gun, it does give me an excuse to buy an Xbox light gun, a thing I don't own.
    The art style in Rise of the Kasai is lovely though one review felt the fighting mechanics are far too simple.
    I look forward to playing it regardless.

It's a third party jobbie but does come with Silent Scope Complete. Totally makes the game, couldn't imagine playing it without one. You can pick them up for dirt cheap ;)

eng_pl_Sniper-Scope-Complete-Silent-Scope-1-2-3-Sniper-Rifle-Xbox-1649_1.jpg

If you do get one, keep in mind that it does take a little while to configure. I thought my one was broken originally but just had to spend some time fecking about with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement