Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

He's directing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This will be my last purchase for a while :)

349972.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, the Jap N64 never happened?
    You're only fooling yourself Retr0, not even Sauron believes you've your habit under control!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A PS1? Nice :).............I jest! Awesome get! Is that the rolls royce of MSX land?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myrddin wrote: »
    A PS1? Nice :).............I jest! Awesome get! Is that the rolls royce of MSX land?

Not even close. Above this is the MSX 2+ which costs a fortune and then after is the turbo r which is a rare beast but not many worthwhile games on it. The msx 2 will play near everything worth playing on MSX but even just playing space Manbow on it which is MSX 2+ enhanced there's a lot more slowdown and doesn't look quite as nice as videos on YouTube on a 2+ so that would be the one to go for if you were richy rich.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not even close. Above this is the MSX 2+ which costs a fortune and then after is the turbo r which is a rare beast but not many worthwhile games on it. The msx 2 will play near everything worth playing on MSX but even just playing space Manbow on it which is MSX 2+ enhanced there's a lot more slowdown and doesn't look quite as nice as videos on YouTube on a 2+ so that would be the one to go for if you were richy rich.

Y'know what? I think I'm gonna keep well outta MSX-land...just seems too damn pricey! Great get! though :)

Myrddin wrote: »
    Y'know what? I think I'm gonna keep well outta MSX-land...just seems too damn pricey! Great get! though :)

Yeah seems like a good idea. Didn't realise how fecking expensive the majority of the games are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah seems like a good idea. Didn't realise how fecking expensive the majority of the games are.

You should get that Multicart that Olli, your MSX pusher picked up, that looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Snagged a wii for 25 , now for some emulation in 240p !
    I used to have an OG xbox but that only did 480i craic.

Unfortunately the emulators on Wii don't output in the correct resolution, at least when I used them. There's some terrible resolution issues like doubling some pixels vertically meaning you get weird shimmering with vertical movement.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the emulators on Wii don't output in the correct resolution, at least when I used them. There's some terrible resolution issues like doubling some pixels vertically meaning you get weird shimmering with vertical movement.

Emulated nand all the way, no faffing about with emulators etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

the turbo r which is a rare beast but not many worthwhile games on it.

gtfo.gif

Megaman X Collection winging its way from the US, a bit of a bargain, €11 posted, and chockablock full of the games from the franchise, up to X7 anyways.

Spoke too soon. Maze of Galious and Konami Table Tennis arrived today courtesy of a banjo player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Spoke too soon. Maze of Galious and Konami Table Tennis arrived today courtesy of a banjo player.

Banjo-Duel.JPG

Mortal Kombat II for the SNES. Oh the memories of slicing someone in half or burning them to a crisp! :pac:

Never knew the babalities were in MK II, back then I though it was MK 3 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Banjo-Duel.JPG

**** that's not far off... scary :D

That was filmed out where I work.
    In fact the fun fair was where I typically take my lunch break, in the car park at Tower Bay, Portrane.
    True Story....

Sonic Wings arrived for the PS2, and it's a nice package indeed.
    This is a series from Japan of classic arcade titles and this is actually the most recent game they've released.
    But though it is a PS2 release this is packed with extras
    Aside from the game and the manual you also get a game guide (in Japanese, natch), a mini soundtrack CD and a Superplay video on mini DVD, as well as a mini marquee card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sonic Wings arrived for the PS2, and it's a nice package indeed.
    This is a series from Japan of classic arcade titles and this is actually the most recent game they've released.
    But though it is a PS2 release this is packed with extras
    Aside from the game and the manual you also get a game guide (in Japanese, natch), a mini soundtrack CD and a Superplay video on mini DVD, as well as a mini marquee card.

Pics or GTFO!

• Advertisement

Not my picture but that's all the stuff,
    Pretty nice collection.

latest?cb=20111206010327

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Rather unusual find for a Sunday morning. An Asian (Hong Kong I think) boxed Mega Drive.

240wras.jpg
    esm26c.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Had to pick up a copy after playing it last night.

FC15144F-AD2E-4013-A9BE-21D3002B2D81_zps7ogh9nln.jpg

I picked up a copy of Game and Watch Collection vol 2 for the DS in CEX just now.
    A game only available via Club Nintendo, comprising of Octopus and Parachute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Had to pick up a copy after playing it last night.

FC15144F-AD2E-4013-A9BE-21D3002B2D81_zps7ogh9nln.jpg

Its excellent isn't it :D
    I'm proper hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (sealed) 3DS
    Luigi's Mansion 2 (sealed) 3DS

Both for €2 in a charity shop.

Win.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Its excellent isn't it :D
    I'm proper hooked.

I'd be more hooked if the game didn't keep dumping me out of games with a communication error :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (sealed) 3DS
    Luigi's Mansion 2 (sealed) 3DS

Both for €2 in a charity shop.

Win.

which charity shop was dumb enough to price them that low?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd be more hooked if the game didn't keep dumping me out of games with a communication error :(

Man that's crappy,I've had no problems. Once or twice at most :'(

• Advertisement

Beginning to think it might be me after all, or rather the way the broadband connection here operates.
    I'll contact my tech support for assistance, my brother who installed it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement