Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »
    Thought that one was on PS3.

No, PSP and PS2 only.
    Its got less tracks than the PS3 titles but it is one good looking game with broad tracks with many paths, very impressive indeed.
    And a good purchase for a mere €4

• Registered Users Posts: 34,525 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just ordered a fresh new LS32 with a white balltop. Going to turn the Aero CP into this (pretty much have everything I need apart from one white balltop!)

Really looks super slick.

w7dkrc.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sugarman wrote: »
    Have gotten pretty lucky lately with charity shops/markets, latest haul includes;

- Original Xbox complete in box w/ bunch of 4/5 'meh' games
    - Red DS Lite (Hinge gone)
    - Turquoise DS Lite (Mint Cond w/charger)
    - Harvest Moon - Leaf Valley x2 SEALED
    - Smash Bro Melee CIB
    - Mario Kart Double Dash Box w/ Mario Party disc inside

So obviously this means theres gonna be a dry spell of finding nothing for months now:P

On another note,

1) Never had an xbox, any game recommendations to get me going?
    2) Ditto with the DS.
    3) Replacement casing for the DS, anyone changed one? Linky to a decent seller with decent quality if so please???

The DS Lite casing is doable but be prepared to swear a lot!
    Use a bit of tape to keep the shoulder buttons in place when reassembling.
    Trust me!

Xboxwise I'd go for Gotham Racing, Knights of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, Strangers Wrath, Amped, Steel Battalion, Rallisport Challenge and the Halo games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

had some more cool finds this weekend. €18 overall . especially happy to have found Syberia. I've been looking for a copy for ages!

11180317_10153291404398276_7443365836866562192_n.jpg?oh=6205f8255cad19a60dd28a542d2ebd0f&oe=55DE85BA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Shenmue 2 and Jade Empire are also worth a shot on the original xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I couldn't play Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. The voice acting is just too appalling. The original language track is sorely missed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I couldn't play Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. The voice acting is just too appalling. The original language track is sorely missed.

Yeah but it has better water effects :pac:

Speaking of Sega, panzer dragoon orta is also another one to check out as well as jet set radio future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

One of those finds you're glad you got up early for. All of this found at a car boot sale here in Cork (Blarney). The lot for a ridiculous €20.

tasug1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

Corholio wrote: »
    One of those finds you're glad you got up early for. All of this found at a car boot sale here in Cork (Blarney). The lot for a ridiculous €20.

I was literally there to see that transaction go down. Gutted I missed it by seconds but glad to see them go to a collector not a reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

I was literally there to see that transaction go down. Gutted I missed it by seconds but glad to see them go to a collector not a reseller.

Just goes to show how tiny Cork is!

• Advertisement

So I picked that tmolding up earlier.
    I thought a little bit strange it was in a box in a plastic bag.
    took the bag off and was greeted by this.

Yep the corner was soaked through with blood!And it was a big box:eek:
    WTF!
    2015-05-05%2B18.54.22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

whats_in_the_box.jpg

Seriously though, wtf!!

Yeah what's in the box aside from disease and infection?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Yeah what's in the box aside from disease and infection?

Overblood probably

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wait, am i getting the bloody half of that T-molding?

Overblood probably

Bloody roar maybe?

Fragile Dreams for the Wii incoming, one of the handful of Wii games I'm lacking.
    After this it's just Excitebots from the states and that's it I think.
    No Escape from Bug Island though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I hope it's not Chris's blood!

Star Lord wrote: »
    I hope it's not Chris's blood!
    I'm ashamed, I never even thought of it!
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fragile Dreams for the Wii incoming, one of the handful of Wii games I'm lacking.
    No Escape from Bug Island though!
    I haven't Fragile Dreams either, the soundtrack is amazing, that's how I found Aoi Teshima (who has some amazing English covers as well as her original Japanese stuff of course).
    Escape from Bug Island is gonna be a classic someday, you should pick it up asap :P (those notes were hilarious!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I got these from a lady on a french buy and sell type site. games were marked as "good condition" etc ... and I got a very good price for the lot (ie the price of just one of them on ebay). they arrived today and turns out they're also factory freakin sealed!
    I'm not sure if I'm delighted or disappointed I can't open them :) (although I've Qbert and Nemesis3 loose already )

11150490_10153296141528276_4848163374187602658_n.jpg?oh=7919f0d7d1c196bf80841fa7edca551e&oe=55CFC551&__gda__=1439580718_fe4f2f9d1147251aa455173152ac844c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

Now that's what you call Sexy Fever Premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a bit of a bargain on eBay of all places. Wind Waker plus the bonus disc for Gamecube for €18. Paid €6 delivery but still happy enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Doge wrote: »
    Now that's what you call Sexy Fever Premium!

Damn right! 64 Go! Go! R

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

Got a bit of a bargain on eBay of all places. Wind Waker plus the bonus disc for Gamecube for €18. Paid €6 delivery but still happy enough with that.

Great find anything lower than 30 for that is good in my books

Yep the corner was soaked through with blood!And it was a big box:eek:
    WTF!
    Did you find out anymore about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Brudd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Did you find out anymore about it?

So so intrigued.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Brought home a baby boy today :)

Mine I promise, didn't steal one or anything weird like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's an awesome get, congrats! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Brought home a baby boy today :)

Mine I promise, didn't steal one or anything weird like that.

If Steve ever makes a similar announcement you just know it's going to be twins, congratulations on the new arrival. Less tinkering and more nappy changing, that will keep you out of trouble for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement