Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

sugarman wrote: »
    Cheers, never knew that! Have you done it yourself? Wonder how straight forward it is.

Would I also get a refund for the postage I paid to the seller in the first place too, no?

Yep, might just do that now, just want whatever is least hassle tho. If i get a partial refund to cover the costs of a remote i'll think i'll just accept that out of ease.

So far hes offered a measly £6, which I declined and showed him the average price of the pair are closer to £15, but i'd accpet £12 off the bat.

Seems fair enough to me, if not, i'll dump it back to him.
    Yep, for a grand total of €3:D

You have to scan the post office receipt, fill out an downloaded form, screenshot the transaction in your Paypal account (seems to be a third party handling it for Paypal for some reason) and send them a picture of the stamped addressed package from the post office (make sure address is legible). Attach all those to an email and you'll get the refund a day or two later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Went to a market today, not much but picked up a 2DS. Guy wasn't sure if it worked and had no charger so took a punt on it for €15. Unfortunately when I got home and plugged it in, the screen is knackered.

302A310B-EDDA-4AB5-B694-767A90DA67A8_zpsv35idlyd.jpg

Ah well, might try a screen replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Went to a market today, not much but picked up a 2DS. Guy wasn't sure if it worked and had no charger so took a punt on it for €15. Unfortunately when I got home and plugged it in, the screen is knackered.

302A310B-EDDA-4AB5-B694-767A90DA67A8_zpsv35idlyd.jpg

Ah well, might try a screen replacement.

looks an easy enough repair, you are lookig at €55 for the screen though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

looks an easy enough repair, you are lookig at €55 for the screen though

Yeah I was looking at screens on eBay and they're quite expensive. Almost the price of a used console. Might try aliexpress or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was looking at a broken one myself a while ago but the screen cost was so prohibitive.
    Ended up picking up a cheap preowned one instead.

• Advertisement

About $30 or so from China. Still a bit crap with the exchange rate.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32232152382.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

About $30 or so from China. Still a bit crap with the exchange rate.

The exchange rate at the moment is depressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The exchange rate at the moment is depressing :(
    It really is, unless you're like buying in Yuan or HKD it isn't too bad I suppose - but USD, I looked at something lately and it was like $35 and it was changed to around €30. it used to be around €26/27 for that amount wasn't it? (I'm a bit sleepy/derpy, am I thinking it was better than it was?)

It really is, unless you're like buying in Yuan or HKD it isn't too bad I suppose - but USD, I looked at something lately and it was like $35 and it was changed to around €30. it used to be around €26/27 for that amount wasn't it? (I'm a bit sleepy/derpy, am I thinking it was better than it was?)

I think the euro has fallen off a cliff in the last year or so, game prices are rising too which isn't helping things either. I actually pulled the trigger on a recommendation from Retro yesterday, and before you ask it's not a CD-i.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I think the euro has fallen off a cliff in the last year or so, game prices are rising too which isn't helping things either.
    The Sterling had a 7 year high too didn't it? I think I read it as I was buying 2 games in sterling
    I actually pulled the trigger on a recommendation from Retro yesterday, and before you ask it's not a CD-i.
    Galgun I bet :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cho Aniki cosplay outfit?
    prld.xlg?partno=60451

I put a bid on a copy of Sailor Moon R on the sfc. It will probably be a few weeks before it arrives, I'll let you know how I get on wth it. Galgun will have to wait for a while as I've no ps3 and I think it's region locked on the 360.

I put a bid on a copy of Sailor Moon R on the sfc. It will probably be a few weeks before it arrives, I'll let you know how I get on wth it. Galgun will have to wait for a while as I've no ps3 and I think it's region locked on the 360.

And have to wait because you aren't a total pervert....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

found this in a local charity shop for €1. perfect because I found a DS 3 weeks back too.
    never had a DS before so there's an entire game platform I missed out on .
    11183463_10153279406478276_6782492702959467113_n.jpg?oh=6c18dc68ac89f2e0ba51a918917ba978&oe=55CCF544&__gda__=1439553106_fe7d289d9d6e9a18be388abea55e6636

Courtesy of Mr otaku.

5F497A9B-8E9A-4B02-B333-D40F8BE856D6_zpshn8ikbnc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up one of these to replace my old Antex which I still need to repair.

44162-IMG_6024.jpg

Had to order from Italy to get a genuine 240V version as 99% of them on Ebay are fake. Not cheap but should be worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

The tools of a master craftsman. Go forth and solder my good knave! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

My DDP type A arrived

346855.jpg

Not a brand new thing but my Vectrex is now minty fresh thanks to the sound/io chip replacement by Bandit.
    Thanks man!
    A quick spot of Rockaroids, an Asteroids clone, was just what the Dr ordered, perfect!

Hello lover...... xoxoxo :)

CyITEOt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Stopped by The Rage on the way home last night after seeing another one of their €2 sales on their Facebook page. Picked up Ready 2 Rumble boxing and Chu Chu Rocket for €2 each. Couldn't resist picking up House of the Dead 2 while I was there. Forgot how amazing the voice acting in that game is, ha.

Chu chu rocket is great craic, especially
    In multiplayer.

Some more import 360 shmup fun arrived through the letterbox this morning.

DD2FC530-2143-42C0-957B-1EDEA88D1CBF_zpsh2yf4g2q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not a brand new thing but my Vectrex is now minty fresh thanks to the sound/io chip replacement by Bandit.
    Thanks man!
    A quick spot of Rockaroids, an Asteroids clone, was just what the Dr ordered, perfect!

Rockaroid does indeed rock! I also love that tour de france biking game which name escapes me, great fun!

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Rockaroid does indeed rock! I also love that tour de france biking game which name escapes me, great fun!

Pfft! Tour De France! Real gamers play KELLOGGS TOUR 1988 ON THE C64!*

kelloggs_tour_1988_03.gif

* I owned this back in the day. I bought it after I found £1 on the floor while waiting for a bus home. I'd seen it in a bargain bin in Boots when I was playing F-Zero on a SNES demo station. I went back up and bought it. True story. :)

It's an excellent game as it happens (genuinely). I can't find any videos of it online ANYWHERE. Can anyone help? I'd love to see this game again, it's really brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Doge

You should record your own vid if no other exists! The game is up on gamebase64.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Got the retro style USB controllers , actually quite well built , considering they were bought from ebay china
    347118.jpg
    Which in turn means the retro raspberry pi rebuild console number 2 is nearly finished :Megadrive1
    347119.jpg
    Theres 6 usb ports, network port , HDMI ,3.5 mm audio via the original audio out and composite video.I need to hook up the original controller ports ,usb pads for the moment though.
    Its working in HDMI but heres it over composite (no rgb yet , sorry )
    347120.jpg
    Have a few more Pi's and a PI 2 as of yesterday so a few more projects to go:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looking good Bob. Have you any links to those controllers, they'd be ideal for my bartop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I got em off ebay as just nes usb sega usb controller etc...the sega ones are retrolink branded and feel really well made ..the nes and snes are almost as good.

Picked up Motorstorm Arctic Edge today for the PS2.
    I never picked it up at launch as I couldn't in all good conscience spend full game money on a PS2 game in 2009, got it 6 years later for €4 in CEX.
    In the interim I have played it on the PSP and it's surprisingly good, so looking forward to trying the home console translation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thought that one was on PS3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement