Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jaime S5
    is supposed to be going to Dorne next season instead of the Riverlands

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wow, I guess that means LS is total red herring in the first place?

Also if what Blay says is true we'll be going into some serious unchartered territory next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Urge to kill.....rising! :mad:

:pac:

:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Controversial: I'm not going to miss Lady Stoneheart at all (if they aren't pulling some sort of psychological switcheroo). I don't think she really bring any to the party. Some things have to be red herrings. It's been too long since since the Red Wedding. The time to bring her was like episode 2 or 3 of this past season.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Liam O wrote: »
    Had Victarion pictured a lot more burly and haggard than Neeson tbh. Almost like show Tormund with dark hair.

Him in a scruffer version of him as Zeus in Clash of the Titans :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I cannot ****ing wait to see the Sand Snakes, and Arianne (they'll definitely include her!).

I'll be very surprised if we don't get LS at some stage too. It'd be odd considering the way they included Sansa recounting Cat's death exactly as it occurred in the books, bringing about LS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well she's not wrong, Cat is dead before she's not dead again. Also it's pretty rich saying you have to respect the writers decision when referring to D&D :pac:

When Brian Blessed is announced as Wyman Manderley it'll all be grand :)

*desperately clutches at straws*

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Read that this morning. Any chance she's trying to throw people off the scent? It's not really a definitive answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I wouldn't read too much into it, Fairley is hardly going to be forthcoming on the matter. She's probably asked about it constantly so she's trained her to be dismissive of it.

That being said, there are little niggles that suggest it's not going to happen. Would LS really send Brienne after Jaime instead of Arya once Brienne spills the beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

LS probably dies again in the next book. Hopefully Jamie chops her head off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Daith wrote: »
    LS probably dies again in the next book. Hopefully Jamie chops her head off.

Yes, if no LS in the show then we have to assume she has no real part to play in the books other than being an interesting diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

Well I guess it's one of 3 things. I'll spoiler just because :pac:

1:
    He replaces the Kindly Man

2:
    Sam gets to Oldtown pretty lively

3: Something completely new/different

Oh or a mix of 1 and 2 to make 4:
    He's the Kindly Man and joins Sam on trip to Oldtown

I guess it make sense to have jaqen in bravoos and just completely spell out
    if indeed his new face does indeed get up to some shenanigans in oldtown

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

As book readers I think we need to accept that the TV series will probably take bigger and bigger tangents away from the books and that it's likely that they will have different endings

Hyzepher wrote: »
    As book readers I think we need to accept that the TV series will probably take bigger and bigger tangents away from the books and that it's likely that they will have different endings

Or in the case of the TV show....an ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mark.Smith90

The question I have is that if they do not include LS and the Brotherhood, how will they continue (or will they) Gendry's story as they have very much left it up in there what will happen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think LS is just a tool used to get Brienne and Jaime to meet again. Doubt she has any real part in the end game so if they can fabricate a way for that to happen elsewise they could dump her and get away with it.

Was never too fond of her really, thought it was a bit of a cop out and I think a lot of show watchers, many of which prefer the political power play over the fantasy element of the series will think similarly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I think LS is just a tool used to get Brienne and Jaime to meet again. Doubt she has any real part in the end game so if they can fabricate a way for that to happen elsewise they could dump her and get away with it.

Was never too fond of her really, thought it was a bit of a cop out and I think a lot of show watchers, many of which prefer the political power play over the fantasy element of the series will think similarly.

If that's all GRRM created her for then that has to be a gaffe of massive proportions. There's no way that that is her ultimate role, I'm sure of it. He's not that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never liked Stoneheart but then again, I hated Catelyn too...

Brian Blessed as Manderly would be epic.

I always pictured Areo Hotah as much burlier than Djimon Hounsou (shorter and more barrel-chested) though I wouldn't be overly disapppointed with his casting in the role as he was great in Gladiator. Can see Peter Mensah (Oenomaus from Spartacus) being looked at for the role too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Brian Blessed isn't fat enough for Manderley. Simon Fischer-Becker is a much better fit

7404608242_1379b1fc16_z.jpg

Re Jaime going to Dorne, I thin he may pass through the Riverlands on his way. I think he'll be sent to the Riverlands in the first few episodes. Meanwhile we'll see the sandsnakes plot to crown Myrcella unfold and Jaime will be sent to Dorne to fetch her and replace her Kingsguard who just happened to fall head first onto Hotah's axe

If that's all GRRM created her for then that has to be a gaffe of massive proportions. There's no way that that is her ultimate role, I'm sure of it. He's not that stupid.

There's no way Stoneheart is going to be a big player. I'd agree she's going to be used as a plot device to move someone else's character forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The Tully's have at least been introduced, so Jaime will surely have to still deal with them, same with Lancel. I always hoped Lady Stoneheart would learn the truth about Jon Snow due to her hatred of him all those years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Daith wrote: »
    There's no way Stoneheart is going to be a big player. I'd agree she's going to be used as a plot device to move someone else's character forward.

Like the Great Northern Conspiracy?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/77828-the-great-northern-conspiracy-reexamined/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

GerB40 wrote: »
    I love that theory...

Me too. It's just so goddamn satisfying like a secret story within a story.

I like! :)

I do think Sansa has a large role to play here though. I think she's going to control the Eyrie and the Riverlands. I wonder if Sansa never becomes Sansa again and remains Littlefingers niece all the while supporting her brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I expect a great many ancillary characters to be introduced (Dornish, Greyjoys, Bravos) and some big epic bits in episodes 3, 6 and 9 (which is almost formulaic at this stage) and nothing about Sansa and Bran (hopefully, god i hope, i can't stand either of them)

Cormac... wrote: »
    I expect a great many ancillary characters to be introduced (Dornish, Greyjoys, Bravos) and some big epic bits in episodes 3, 6 and 9 (which is almost formulaic at this stage) and nothing about Sansa and Bran (hopefully, god i hope, i can't stand either of them)

But … Sansa's hot now!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Alfred Molina is exactly how I pictured Doran Martell. Please make it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

So it's pretty certain that we'll see a lot of the Martells. Not sure how much screen time they're willing to give to Quentyn though. I won't be happy if they cut out LS, seeing as it would make Beric Dondarion's resurrection(s) seem pretty pointless. Besides that I'd love to see the show-watchers reactions. I wonder if they'll keep the same actor for Kevan Lannister.

I'm surprised that Balon is still alive and I'll be annoyed if they have him replace his three brothers (it's unlikely but when you have time-wasting scenes with Grey Worm and Messandei you have to assume the worst). There's also the fact that the show's been neglecting the Greyjoys since Season 2 (if you look at the special feature about all the houses in Westeros on the Season 3 boxset, the Greyjoys have been left out completely)

Worst case scenario: Lots of Dany doing nothing in Meereen, further development of Grey Worm+Messandei relationship, no Lady Stoneheart, further screwing up of Stannis' character, a bunch of scenes that weren't in the books that no one asked for, loads of changes in dialogue in scenes that WERE in he books

Expected scenario: Lots of Cersei setting up her own downfall, Doran and co. in Sunspear, Tyrion in Essos, Arya in Braavos, Sam and co. head to Oldtown

Best case scenario: Balon's death and Euron's arrival ("I say, we take Westeros"), Victarion's armour ("Come! Come kill me, if you can") Roose and co. in Winterfell, not screwing up Stannis' a character at the Wall, Davos in White Harbour, Lady Stoneheart, Randyll Tarly

• Advertisement

So it's pretty certain that we'll see a lot of the Martells. Not sure how much screen time they're willing to give to Quentyn though. I won't be happy if they cut out LS, seeing as it would make Beric Dondarion's resurrection(s) seem pretty pointless. Besides that I'd love to see the show-watchers reactions.

They made a big deal out of Melisandre not knowing it could be done. Even without LS it may come in handy at the Wall ;)

Advertisement