Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It's not Steam setting the price, it's 2K (and the other publishers for other games). It's €50 everywhere in Europe, even on the French and German Amazons. UK Amazon on the other hand, has it for £27, which is only €35!

That may be but steam do turn $1 into 1€

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Seems to be the European online price. GMG sent me an email with a 25% off voucher the other day suggesting I pre order.

Wish I'd taken the offer up now, it expired on the 18th :(

They sent me that offer too but it expires on the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

nesf wrote: »
    They sent me that offer too but it expires on the 25th.

Is the code limited to your use only,or can anybody use?

37.50 doesn't seem too bad compared to the full price.

Is the code limited to your use only,or can anybody use?

37.50 doesn't seem too bad compared to the full price.

See PMs.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    See PMs.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Just pre ordered on amazon.

Wow, overnight it's dropped to £25 :eek:

Alright, **** it, I'm buying. And with Amazon's price guarantee thingie, who knows how much cheaper it will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

€33 on Nuuvem at the moment, no mention of region locks and it includes the Exoplanets preorder bonus. Personally I'd pay the extra euro (and it may drop in price in the next while) for DDL over waiting for Amazon to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I could have this wrong but don't Amazon usually ship a few days early for preorders so they arrive on the release date? Could have sworn that's what they did for GTA anyway.

• Advertisement

I've found that a bit hit and miss before, probably most so because of An Post. It's why I prefer DDLs because then your physical location is irrelevant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JohnK wrote: »
    I could have this wrong but don't Amazon usually ship a few days early for preorders so they arrive on the release date? Could have sworn that's what they did for GTA anyway.

If the game releases on a tuesday you use first class and parcel motel,amazon will send it Monday and you will have it by tuesday ,if its released on Friday you could have it by Friday or saturday if you use first class shipping and pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Any rumours of a Linux release? Really want this but don't want to have to install windows

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

matrim wrote: »
    Any rumours of a Linux release? Really want this but don't want to have to install windows

Civ 5 has a Linux version on steam so id say its very possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

VinLieger wrote: »
    Civ 5 has a Linux version on steam so id say its very possible

Civ 5 was the only reason I had windows installed and I removed it when the Linux port came a few months ago.

Looking at the web there are articals saying that there will be Linux port of Beyond Earth but no dates

matrim wrote: »

Edit:

It's going to be the same as with Mac. A third party will port the game over to Linux (the same company that has been porting it over to Mac all these years). So keep an eye on what Aspyr Media are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmmm.. I dunno. Hate to say it but I'm less impressed than I thought I'd be.

I know it's still in active development but it just feels like a mod for Civ 5 rather than a new game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Wow, overnight it's dropped to £25 :eek:

Alright, **** it, I'm buying. And with Amazon's price guarantee thingie, who knows how much cheaper it will get.

I did the same after reading this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I bought it on G2Play for €34.99.

Link

€33 on Nuuvem at the moment, no mention of region locks and it includes the Exoplanets preorder bonus. Personally I'd pay the extra euro (and it may drop in price in the next while) for DDL over waiting for Amazon to ship.

A little over €29 now, still no region lock and comes with exoplanets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

A little over €29 now, still no region lock and comes with exoplanets.

It's region locked to purchase it which a proxy will get around, but did anyone buy it and need to use a VPN to activate it

Krusader wrote: »
    It's region locked to purchase it which a proxy will get around, but did anyone buy it and need to use a VPN to activate it

It would say if it was specifically region locked in Steam (like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for example). I've been using a proxy to get around Nuuvem's own region block for months and never had any issue with any of the games I've bought (15-18+ at this point).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

It would say if it was specifically region locked in Steam (like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for example). I've been using a proxy to get around Nuuvem's own region block for months and never had any issue with any of the games I've bought (15-18+ at this point).

Yeah, I've bought a few games from them and FM2014 was the only one i needed to use a VPN to activate. Just wanted to make sure the scale of the effort before i buy

Krusader wrote: »
    Yeah, I've bought a few games from them and FM2014 was the only one i needed to use a VPN to activate. Just wanted to make sure the scale of the effort before i buy

Yeah I knew there was another big one related to sport but I couldn't remember what it was.

Bought it myself just to test and it's gone into my account without issue, won't get they key until the 24th but it was the same way with Total War: Rome II IIRC.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Tending now to get via Amazon's Online Game code. It seems cheaper than Steam's price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

A lot cheaper on amazon! €34.50 Vs €49.99 on Steam!

I'm only mildly interested, not sure if I'd get my money's worth out of it yet. Will wait and see some reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Preordered on Amazon. I just get the game code and work away yea? What's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Considering the amount of time I've put in to Civ V I'll be getting this for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Getting super excited for this now... eeeeee!!!!

• Advertisement

Just realised the Monday following the release is a bank holiday.

Any of you have preferred factions/ideologies so far?

Advertisement