Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A Malaysian airplane shot down in Ukraine no survivors apparently - RIP

Reminds self never fly with Malaysian Airlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A Malaysian airplane shot down in Ukraine no survivors apparently - RIP

Reminds self never fly with Malaysian Airlines

Complete madness. Its actually unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Does anyone know the time period between upgrades on Vodafone bill pay? Had one last year, is it every two years or does it depend on plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

All_Ireland u14 galway champion now in the family. Gakway played in the b final this afternoon and won against Waterford.

Proud cousin here

Im 30, just got my provisional licence and bought my first car.... It a pain in the gick getting insurance. Just putting that out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Really hope Southampton bring Le Tiss out of retirement if they keep losing players.:D

I was surprised Fabregas and Drogba went to Chelesa, still hope VG can get Vidal and Hummels to United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Forgot to bring it up here but if you were a member of the Observer site you might need to get a new credit card if that's how you signed up. A lot of fraudulent transactions have been made on member's cards. The negatives of hiring yer lazy brother-in-law to run an ancient looking site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow that's karma as Alvarez only insulted WWE Network's inability to sort the credit card system while they could earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Just booked my ticket for the Doctor Who screening in Cineworld and finished my costume! I'm pumped beyond belief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Forgot to bring it up here but if you were a member of the Observer site you might need to get a new credit card if that's how you signed up. A lot of fraudulent transactions have been made on member's cards. The negatives of hiring yer lazy brother-in-law to run an ancient looking site.

What about PayPal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just booked my ticket for the Doctor Who screening in Cineworld and finished my costume! I'm pumped beyond belief!

That's this day 3 weeks? What costume you go for?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's this day 3 weeks? What costume you go for?

Yeah, August 23rd. Decided on 11th doctor seeing as I Hadd all of the parts (minus the jacket which I bought in a charity shop this morning for a fiver)

Fez or no fez?

Fez, bow tie, screwdriver and braces! The whole shebang

mxph3 wrote: »
    What about PayPal?
    I think Paypal has been OK so far but not saying it can't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Paypal has been OK so far but not saying it can't happen.

Yeah, I am going to cancel with $19.99 option anyway this month.

What's the worse that can happen though?

So I woke up on my birthday to this.... the future wife made it last night for Lil old me......

pat0c.jpg

rz8g7.jpg

sn3r0.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The "happy birthday" sticker reminded me of this for some reason

2098878-your-birthday.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So I woke up on my birthday to this.... the future wife made it last night for Lil old me......

Not jealous. Not jealous at all.

Oh..and happy birthday!

• Advertisement

Only 2 ropes? i'd send it back. :pac:

Happy birthday beaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Happy birthday Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Happy Birthday Joe!! \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Happy birthday BJoe. That is amazing your partner made you that cake.

Happy Birthday beakerjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Happy Birthday Beakerjoe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy BO-thday Joe!

14853609095_11d96fa5d4_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Happy Birthday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yup have a goodun beakerjoe, 'twas mine recently and there was no such cake although the the future ms BH has been getting into baking so you better believe I'll be showing her your picture later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Happy birthday Beaker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So yeah how long before everyone catches up on Dublin in the GAA?

Absurd how dominant they are compared to everyone this year, they could have beaten Monaghan by 30 points last need if they really wanted to.

Best of luck Donegal.:pac:

They've a bit to do in hurling but they've the best panel I've ever seen in football alright. Having guys like Costello and Rock to bring on is spoiling them a bit for choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's going to suck serious life out the the SFC if Dublin juggernaut their way to a streak of five or six in a row. At the minute the number two team whoever they are are miles behind Dublin.

Realistically I feel Kerry or Donegal are the only teams I can see derailing Dublin in the next few championships. That said, I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't care who does it, once Dublin lose I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's funny, I see it more as a pity than an anger the way Dublin go about business. When a team is that good and don't seem corky or arrogant you have to tip your hat.

I'm a Wexford fan and I haven't a bit of hatred for Kilkenny eve though they've hockeyed us countless times in he last few years.

But when they have a game where they hit that sixth gear it's hard not to be a bit in awe.

• Advertisement

It's not really an anger thing, I just really don't like Dublin in general :P

I don't really have any ill-will towards Dublin because they play great football that's visually pleasing and they do have the best supporters in the country, be that due to size is meaningless really when they bring about 2000 fans to League games. It's just nice to see different sides winning it, similar to KK in hurling but not this year because KK are the only team left to shout for.

I disagree that Donegal are the team to dethrone them though. I see Donegal getting further off their 2012 form every year. Mayo are probably the closest team to Dublin in the last year and will be for the next two IMO. They are a step above Kerry and Donegal but a step below the Dubs.

I'd love to see Mayo win it, if only because they've come so close so many times in the last few years.

Same. The rivalry between Galway and Mayo is non-existent at this stage so there's a lot of disgusting positivity between both counties for the mostpart. Makes me sick :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just heard the Robin Williams has passed away

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Suicide apparently. Awful news. Loved Jumanji when I was growing up.

Just heard the Robin Williams has passed away

RIP

He suffered from bad depression

Robin Williams was the comedic chameleon. Just his name brings back so many happy memories and laughs. He was one of the greatest comedians the world has ever known. He was also one of the best people. An inspiration to many and an escape route for bad days it's such a pity that he couldn't find a similar escape route to the one he gave us.

Robin Willams may be gone but his legacy will live in the hearts and smiles of all those he has touched. I urge everyone to watch a Willams movie with your family, watch his old stand up or look at a few clips on YouTube and remember the wonderful man who was never too far off from those brilliant characters.

Rest in peace Mr.Williams. You will be truly missed.

Sorry for the long post. He meant a lot to me and my childhood.

:(

Besides his comedic roles, his dramatic serious roles were pretty impressive too especially the underrated One Hour Photo and Insomnia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Love Robin Williams so many movies of my childhood Hook,Aladdin,Jumanji,Flubber,Mrs Doubtfire and the still creepy Toys even stuff like Jack

Genius he will be missed it's such a pity the funniest guys always seem to struggle with depression

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not often a celeb death leaves me shook up, but that one has. Loved him.mwas sad a few weeks back when I head His TV show had been cancelled. Really sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

heartbroken! I was a HUGE fan of his, he was one comedian still on my bucket list to see! :'(

Suffered from severe depression and was as bipolar as they come. RIP! An amazing man!

Ah this is terrible news. Robin Williams always seemed to be a hilariously funny man, who unfortunately hid his tears and sadness behind his laughter. Havent seen much with him recently except for The Big Wedding where he plays a priest who has over came alcoholism. When I think of his recent work, sadly all I can think of his the parody of him in Family Guy.

I will always look back at my childhood and have fond memories of watching Hook in the Cinema on the eden quay as a six year old nipper and watching Aladdin in the Carlton on O Connell St. My fav memory will be around 6 years ago when I watched Good Morning Vietnam for the first time. It was a great watch and made me regret not watching it soon. Williams was tremendous in it and his performance showed that he should have taken more serious roles.

RIP Robin

The one good thing that's come from this is that it might be the most serious discussion I've ever heard about depression in my lifetime. As infuriating as it is seeing stuff like "he's rich so what could he have been sad about?" the progress made since my own family was touched by suicide in 2008 is big.

One of my favourite comedians James Adomian put it perfectly "Sometimes comedy comes at great expense to the one creating it, like a powerful energy ray or spell that ends up killing the wizard." Comedy as an industry is so similarly heartbreaking to those involved as wrestling that I'll always see a lot of parallels.

And Flubber was a decent film dammit

• Advertisement
Advertisement