Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair hides Behind her Smile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I used to be a chef and the sense of humour is usually sick and twisted so you're getting good training here!!

That's quite true. My friends dad is a chef and he's just unreal with what he comes out with. He blames being a chef for it :pac:
    sammyjo90 wrote: »
    No its a great thing! I worked with my sister for a bit and the stuff she comes out with is just hilarious,breaks up the stress!

It really does. Now I know that some of the people I worked with in the other kitchen were a little bit more serious and there sense of humour was a little on the dry side but they did have this sort of silliness and it helped big time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I often regret not going into something fun like culinary arts

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's never too late Hugo :)

I am actually thinking about it. It's ridiculous. I parked the car after driving home from work and he walked in behind me. My mam said he was here twice already today.

Awh Mozz that's great, delighted for you! :D

Thanks xPPx. Pretty delighted myself :D

That's not on. I know he's probably lonely but he's well taking the piss now like. If I were you I'd start looking around town or something for a small apartment for yourself.
    I often regret not going into something fun like culinary arts

Never too late my dear. There's a few guys starting the course and they're hitting their fifties. One guy was an IT consultant but just packed in one day and decided to go down the culinary route instead. Fair play to him I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

What do you do now grem? My sister packed it in for a while and worked for sword security. Made her a better chef because she didnt get as irate with all the twats she worked with :D

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    That's not on. I know he's probably lonely but he's well taking the piss now like. If I were you I'd start looking around town or something for a small apartment for yourself.
    Yeah I'm kinda wondering if I could get something close to work.. I'll see what happens over the next few days and I'll keep an eye.

It's never too late Hugo :)
    Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Never too late my dear. There's a few guys starting the course and they're hitting their fifties. One guy was an IT consultant but just packed in one day and decided to go down the culinary route instead. Fair play to him I say!

I'm just out of college so I'll see if I can make something of myself. If health is perfected someday soon rendering pharmaceuticals and medical devices obsolete I'll look into it then :D

Yeah I'm kinda wondering if I could get something close to work.. I'll see what happens over the next few days and I'll keep an eye.

Do sure. I was out house hunting myself this morning. Feck all around these parts :( Estate agent said that everything he had was up on Daft. He was pretty sound though and seems easy to deal with. For now :pac: Didn't mind me having dogs. Even asked a tonne of questions and then sharing his stories of his German Shepherd. Poor thing has arthritis in it's hips so he's in a doggie wheelchair. I find that heart breaking and cute at the same time :o
    I'm just out of college so I'll see if I can make something of myself. If health is perfected someday soon rendering pharmaceuticals and medical devices obsolete I'll look into it then :D

Yeah, after going through all that hard work, give the pharmaceuticals a chance anyway :pac:

Yeah, after going through all that hard work, give the pharmaceuticals a chance anyway :pac:

Give them a chance? Tell them to give me a chance first! Hire me, ye bastards! :mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

hiya people whatsup hows you tonight..

• Advertisement

Give them a chance? Tell them to give me a chance first! Hire me, ye bastards! :mad::pac:

I would say go out and make your own but yeah..I believe that's highly illegal :pac:

Would ya be willing to move/travel because I believe there's two pharmaceutical plants/factories/labs or whatever they are in Killorglin. I am told one of them doesn't advertise jobs (Don't know why? :confused:) but worth checking them out anyway..

I don't usually like beards on guys (no offence any of ye lads that have them) but it's actually amazing the difference they make. Just looked up the new guy from Under the Dome and he looks about ten without stubble. With stubble he's nyom. ;)

Ahh PP you cant beat a good beard!

been growing mine for a while now :pac:

Beards are pretty awesome all right. I don't think a man is a man without one :pac:

I would say go out and make your own but yeah..I believe that's highly illegal :pac:

Would ya be willing to move/travel because I believe there's two pharmaceutical plants/factories/labs or whatever they are in Killorglin. I am told one of them doesn't advertise jobs (Don't know why? :confused:) but worth checking them out anyway..

Is one of the Temmler by any chance?

Yeah have been looking about but there's so few entry level roles out there anywhere.

I'm so glad you're doing something you love MT. Do you have to buy your own knives etc for it?

Hi Joya! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I love having a beard, it's like my own proper scarf in the winter

I suppose it does depend on the person really. My brother looks about 12 if he doesn't have one, same with the vet that I work with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My beard is coming along nicely.....I must say.

Sometimes you just have to deal with it and get used to em! One of my ex's couldn't go a day after shaving without having a face full of hurr grow back in about 12hours!
    i grew to love them. Pun intended :D

My facial hair is fairly patchy. I do grow a bit of a seedy moustache/chin combo though from time to time :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

*crawls back into lair and curls up in corner*

'Sup Grem? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*crawls back into lair and curls up in corner*

Poor grem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

hi hugo thanks for not ignoring me like the rest of them lol :)

how are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I tend to grow a beard then hate it and shave it off then I grow it back a while later. Just now I have it off.

sammyjo90 wrote:
    Sometimes you just have to deal with it and get used to em! One of my ex's couldn't go a day after shaving without having a face full of hurr grow back in about 12hours! i grew to love them. Pun intended 
    True. I actually didn't like beards on my ex but that was because he was too lazy to shave.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Oh and hiya Joya

Joya wrote: »

how are you?

*spots joya and waves from afar*

Is one of the Temmler by any chance?

Yeah have been looking about but there's so few entry level roles out there anywhere.

I'm so glad you're doing something you love MT. Do you have to buy your own knives etc for it?

Yup. That's the one on the Milltown/Tralee road. And then there is Pro Med out the Glenbeigh road. However I think Pro Med are just a tiny operation.

I can't believe I am actually motivated to go away and do something I love! I think working for the past year has definitely boosted my confidence big time! This time last year I wouldn't have dreamed of going to college to study culinary arts! :eek:
    Nope. It's all provided for us but if for any reason we give up the course we either pay for them or hand them back and by they way lecturers are talking, it'd be much cheaper to hand them back :pac:

• Advertisement

Joya wrote: »

how are you?

Poor Joya! :D

I'm good thanks. Gonna pop off to sleep shortly. How are you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement