Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Here's the code I got. If you use it then post to let everyone else know that it's gone.

MPENKDGTBE

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

chrislad wrote: »
    I got one, but I'm not going to use it so I'll pass it on

Cheers for that Chris. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

I've a code for TF2 which I'm not going to use, if anyone wants it then message me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

F1ngers wrote: »
    PM sent.

Cheers for that just seen it there now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I got the $10 on my US account too. Apparently it's for PS4 Pro owners, seems to only being going out to those who have upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pmobile

Hi Boards, hope this is the right place to ask about Gamestops trade in deals.

I had an issue today with their price quotes, heres the url:
    gamestop.ie/upgrade-your-console

I was under the impression trading in my old/original PS4 500gb for a PS4 slim 500gb would cost me €105 once it passed their testing and inspection. Long story short I got 2 quotes in the same ballpark from their staff at €110 and €115 on two different occasions this week which prompted me to bring my console in, (very good condition, no marks, original boxed prepped and formatted). Unit was tested and passed, everything seemed ok.

So when it came time to pay I was asked for €165 and told my information was wrong, can somebody help me, whats the craic? I sent their customer service this enquiry, waiting for a reply. Am I mislead thinking this is the price or is it their sales website not saying its the price delta on the trade in, or is it that stores manager is setting their own prices? any help/info would be nice, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Pmobile wrote: »
    Hi Boards, hope this is the right place to ask about Gamestops trade in deals.

I had an issue today with their price quotes, heres the url:
    gamestop.ie/upgrade-your-console

I was under the impression trading in my old/original PS4 500gb for a PS4 slim 500gb would cost me €105 once it passed their testing and inspection. Long story short I got 2 quotes in the same ballpark from their staff at €110 and €115 on two different occasions this week which prompted me to bring my console in, (very good condition, no marks, original boxed prepped and formatted). Unit was tested and passed, everything seemed ok.

So when it came time to pay I was asked for €165 and told my information was wrong, can somebody help me, whats the craic? I sent their customer service this enquiry, waiting for a reply. Am I mislead thinking this is the price or is it their sales website not saying its the price delta on the trade in, or is it that stores manager is setting their own prices? any help/info would be nice, cheers.

Based on that image and the fact people here were getting PS4 pro for €205 with 500gb PS4 it doesn't sound right. Not a hope I'd pay 165 plus original PS4 for what is essentially the same thing. Isn't the slim €299 new?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've a US account and a pro, still have my launch model too though. No $10 for me. Pro is not the primary console, that might be it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

superg wrote: »
    I've a US account and a pro, still have my launch model too though. No $10 for me. Pro is not the primary console, that might be it.

Have my launch model too, US account on Pro is primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have my launch model too, US account on Pro is primary.

Can have it as primary on the US account while leaving my launch one as primary on my Irish account? My son uses the launch one and he has no PS+ so uses mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can have it as primary on the US account while leaving my launch one as primary on my Irish account?

That's my set up, Irish PS+ primary on sons PS4 and US primary on my Pro.
    My son uses the launch one and he has no PS+ so uses mine.

One PS+ on a console allows all accounts to play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pmobile

@Ivefoundgod do you have a link for those €205 deals?
    The price I found the regular pricing (Gamestop / Argos) is €299 for the Slim 500Gb.

Webuy will give you €159 cash for your console (meaning to upgrade to a PS4 slim that way you need €140 to add to that).
    Because there is a difference in Gamestops pricing chart, I assumed they were not adding the sales commission or doing some sales metric such as ringing up the trade in as 2 console sales or something.

ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB001

For me it's a minor upgrade worth €120 max, if anybody has info on similar offers around town/Dublin please post :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't know about €205 but you can get one on Amazon for ~€255 with Call of Duty Infinite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Pmobile wrote: »
    @Ivefoundgod do you have a link for those €205 deals?
    The price I found the regular pricing (Gamestop / Argos) is €299 for the Slim 500Gb.

Webuy will give you €159 cash for your console (meaning to upgrade to a PS4 slim that way you need €140 to add to that).
    Because there is a difference in Gamestops pricing chart, I assumed they were not adding the sales commission or doing some sales metric such as ringing up the trade in as 2 console sales or something.

ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPS4500GB001

For me it's a minor upgrade worth €120 max, if anybody has info on similar offers around town/Dublin please post :-)

Don't have a link but if you go back a few pages on the PS4 Pro thread you'll see people got 195 for their 500gb PS4 against the Pro at launch. Maybe it only applies to the pro I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I paid €205 for the Pro with my launch 500GB in GameStop on Wednesday,the bloke behind the counter said that offer will only run until the 22nd then the trade in value wouldnt be as good

Does anyone know if there are cheaper options for buying a year of ps+ or is just buying it on the PlayStation store the best option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Does anyone know if there are cheaper options for buying a year of ps+ or is just buying it on the PlayStation store the best option?

With psn + for Ireland you only have 2 ways of buying from a store for 50 euros or from psn for 50 euros.

It could be worth while waiting to whensday and seeing will they have a sale on it for black Friday?. As you might get it cheaper maybe 12 euros off or something small like that as they normally have it on sale once a year.

With psn + for Ireland you only have 2 ways of buying from a store for 50 euros or from psn for 50 euros.

It could be worth while waiting to whensday and seeing will they have a sale on it for black Friday?. As you might get it cheaper maybe 12 euros off or something small like that as they normally have it on sale once a year.

Grand thanks. I'll wait and see so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Wheres the cheapest places to get physical copies of games?? I'm looking for battlefield ufc2 and maybe titanfall if I can get a good price on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

hefferboi wrote: »
    Wheres the cheapest places to get physical copies of games?? I'm looking for battlefield ufc2 and maybe titanfall if I can get a good price on it

Argos if you won't to buy from a retail store. Other then that Amazon are normally the best to buy from.

I would wait to Friday to pick up any games as there will be very good deals to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

hefferboi wrote: »

Thegamecollection or simplygames if buying online or Argos for bricks and mortar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

CoD: Legacy edition is 60GBP on AmazonUK, the lowest I've seen it.

Im thinking about buying it but unsure as you need the actual disc to play Modern Warfare so I cant CEX it :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Any generous souls have a spare Titanfall code??...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Im thinking about buying it but unsure as you need the actual disc to play Modern Warfare so I cant CEX it :mad:

£50 on simplygames for it atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Showing as 50 on Amazon now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Any generous souls have a spare Titanfall code??...

Cant send pm your box is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

PM me if anyone wants a TF2 code

EDIT: Now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

£50 on simplygames for it atm.
    Showing as 50 on Amazon now

Oops, meant to say E60 (50gbp)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cant send pm your box is full.

Emptied now - Thanks :)

• Advertisement