Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You're as weel off. Every second day there's someone moving club who becomes a "must-have"

I'd put him a 50/50 chance between being the next star and flop.

We don't do stars, unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is Hazard a must have this season. Free kicks, penalties, dribbling and finally a top class striker to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is Hazard a must have this season. Free kicks, penalties, dribbling and finally a top class striker to assist.
    I think so.

Rooney dropping back is because of United's lack of ability in the centre of the midfield. They have nobody with any quality to get the ball forward forcing Rooney to drop deep taking him away from goal. I am watching with interest Herrera was very good going forward the other night and if United get another quality midfielder Rooney is a bargain. He was one of the top scorers last season with little or no service. If United have two good midfielders supporting Mata allowing Rooney to stay up top he will be score very heavy imo.
    I don't see Herrera having THAT big an impact if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »

Either do I Rvp rooney and mata should be the 3 in advanced positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Will go for Fabregas, myself. Mou and Hazard don't always see eye-to-eye, and he's competing with Willian, Oscar, Schuerrle -- can definitely see him dropped/rested over the course of the season.

I think Fabregas will play every minute possible, and his stats at Arsenal were incredible.

CSF wrote: »

Herrera can't do it alone he needs a good quality midfielder beside him if he does then Rooney will score heavy.

Will go for Fabregas, myself. Mou and Hazard don't always see eye-to-eye, and he's competing with Willian, Oscar, Schuerrle -- can definitely see him dropped/rested over the course of the season.

I think Fabregas will play every minute possible, and his stats at Arsenal were incredible.

Hazard is a class above his competition. Fabregas will have tougher competition and could be rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

people speculating way too much on United. lets keep to the facts. they were utterly abysmal last season. new coach in LVG who has good track record. 3/4 of the back 4 that has been so succesful over the years are now gone. 2 promising young signings but as yet unproven at the top level. they've played ONE pre-season game, against poor opposition. 7-0. whoopedy doo. upcoming friendlies in this champions cup thing may give a very slightly better idea of things, but ultimately they're friendlies, non-competitive, 'make sure and give everyone a run-out' type of affairs, not to be taken very seriously in the grand scheme of things. i'm not discounting United getting off to a good start (they certainly have a very kind opening fixture list), but i just have to lol when i see some people with 3 of their players in their fpl setup, when you consider all the changes(manager, personnel), coupled with last season's form. Rooney is the only one i could argue seriously for - 190 points last year a very impressive haul all considering. picking anyone else is an utter gamble if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm a United fan myself and even I believe people are definitely reading too much into a win over a poor La Galaxy team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

7-0 flatters, but to say Shaw and Herrera are unproven is a bit bizzare, especially since Shaw just stole the show at LB last season. You only need to see Herrara playing for Bilbao against United to see he's got ability.

Right now, De Gea is a must imo, as in RVP. Hopefully more singings come in and things open up a bit. We'll just have to wait and see.

I said unproven at the top level. Please don't misquote me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

La Liga and Premier League aren't top level now?

ShaneU wrote: »

Top level as in playing with a top team. Deepest apologies if that was unclear

ShaneU wrote: »
    Neither Herrera nor Shaw are proven quality at these levels. They've just played in them and showed potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

He's back!
    BBC Sport @BBCSport
    Didier Drogba rejoins Chelsea on a one-year contract. More to follow #cfc

didier-drogba_1398259c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

jebforever wrote: »
    He's back!

didier-drogba_1398259c.jpg
    I'm a United fan but I love him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

2 things

Cabella or De Jong as better value in terms of Newcastle midfielders?

Is Giroud worth sticking in from the outset?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

2 things

Cabella or De Jong as better value in terms of Newcastle midfielders?

Is Giroud worth sticking in from the outset?

I'm going for De Jong although I fancy Riviere as the lone striker @7.0 for what I hope is a much improved newcastle team.

Without Ozil out for the first few games after the WC I think Giroud should definitely be starting and that makes him great value at 8.5, at least for the start.

Cheers for that

Also, a lot of people going with Mannone. Surely Pantimillon wouldn't have left being NUmber 2 at City tobecome Number 2 at Sunderland?

• Advertisement

Cheers for that

Also, a lot of people going with Mannone. Surely Pantimillon wouldn't have left being NUmber 2 at City tobecome Number 2 at Sunderland?

He might if he thought he had a better chance of winning the number 1 jersey, doesn't mean it'll necessarily happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sounds like Remy to Liverpool is off

Ings or Austin or whichever is the best 6 million striker??

Ings or Austin or whichever is the best 6 million striker??

Hard to call I think, I haven't decided between the 2 yet.

Cheers for that

Mannone was their player of the year last season as far as i remember. Strange move by Pantimillon but i will be shocked if Mannone is not first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What is Liverpools starting four? Any place for Jose Enrique back from injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What is Liverpools starting four? Any place for Jose Enrique back from injury?

Very hard to say... Lovren and Sakho are both big money Rodgers signings, and he seems to rate Flanagan. But whether he'll drop Skrtel and one of Johnson/Enrique remains to be seen. Don't think there's any guaranteed starters at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

who do you reckon has the easiest start bar united, Chelsea? arsenal? spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    who do you reckon has the easiest start bar united, Chelsea? arsenal? spurs?

Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

8-10 wrote: »
    Chelsea
    im thinking Fab & Cahill, also put in eriksen & soldado spurs have a soft start.

Advertisement