Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

lisar816 wrote: »
    :(

Don't quote me on it though, I just no from my experience. When you're in paying ask the lady for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

lisar816 wrote: »
    Maybe this would get a better response here.

Question

if you get 42% in first semester and 23% in second semester and your not keeping the subject on, whats the lee way on the second semester result i needed 25% right?

Hate the subject

I'll use my example of maths in first year to help me explain this. Basically, I got similar results in maths for both semesters as you did. It was calculated was by adding 42 + 23 and then dividing it by 2 (for two semesters) to get the average (65/2 = 32.5%). Yes I still failed it, but I was still able to compensate because it was over 25%. When I logged on to get the results 'Pass by Compensation' was written on it though. If it says 'Fail' on your account there's obviously some criteria you did not meet. Did you incur a technical fail by failing CA or by missing more than 2 labs/tutorials in the case of Chemistry? Did you pass all your other subjects in order for you to compensate? You have to pass 3 subjects in order to compensate in Science. Not sure about Arts. Hope some of this helps :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Bobsammy wrote: »
    The exams office will have done all that for you. Your overall degree grade will have been calculated to give you the highest possible grade and that will be on the results sheet.

Question 2 so! :-)
    If I resit to up my grades, can I still use those second year marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I'll use my example of maths in first year to help me explain this. Basically, I got similar results in maths for both semesters as you did. It was calculated was by adding 42 + 23 and then dividing it by 2 (for two semesters) to get the average (65/2 = 32.5%). Yes I still failed it, but I was still able to compensate because it was over 25%. When I logged on to get the results 'Pass by Compensation' was written on it though. If it says 'Fail' on your account there's obviously some criteria you did not meet. Did you incur a technical fail by failing CA or by missing more than 2 labs/tutorials in the case of Chemistry? Did you pass all your other subjects in order for you to compensate? You have to pass 3 subjects in order to compensate in Science. Not sure about Arts. Hope some of this helps :(

She fell below 25%, that's an instant fail regardless of average then and leads to needing to repeat any modules you got less than 40% in.

Advertisement