Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have no real reason at all to be anxious or depressed. From the outside looking in, I have an easy life, good social life, good friends, no money issues, in a good college course, have great family and no actual worries at all but for some reason I just can't shake the feelings. There is no cause, it just is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Probably E for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Roquentin wrote: »
    I probably should have put in something about relationships as well. Forgot that.

Goddamnit Roquentin! Back to the drawing board! :P:pac:

Regarding option C, there are rumors of great grandparents having some kind of issues that and the current grandparent definitely having some so that's why I would be of the belief that genetics play a part to some degree.

I have no real reason at all to be anxious or depressed. From the outside looking in, I have an easy life, good social life, good friends, no money issues, in a good college course, have great family and no actual worries at all but for some reason I just can't shake the feelings. There is no cause, it just is.

Depression isn't rational at all alas. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Depression isn't rational at all alas. :(

Tell me about it! :P

• Advertisement

Tell me about it! :P

Too much time needed and my fingers will get tired! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Facing down the barrel of some real **** now. it's mind-numbing how much torture a person can go , beyond comprehension! i had it all WTF ****in torture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

Facing down the barrel of some real **** now. it's mind-numbing how much torture a person can go , beyond comprehension! i had it all WTF ****in torture

You alright jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yea just gettin sick of literally staring at the ceiling all day or sitting in my chair. memories of good times more haunting than anything else. And very alone, even here with the most freedom there's no words that'll do any good. All just breath ye know? It's like on a little dingy sailing at 1cm /hr past all the people in my life and they can't see me. Trapped in myself, kicking and screaming but nothing on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I was at an aware lecture where one of the speakers had become depressed due to a brain injury from an accident. Very very sad case as all his doc's said he had no hope of cure.
    At least I know logically , that i've come through depression in the past and would be 99% likely to do so in the future ,(as long as I stay in touch with my doc, and occasionally meet people).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Have to leave the house tomorrow, in a ball of sweat and panic.
    Literally writing down step by step what I have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

cannot sleep... anyone here?..

Despite exercise and not napping today and it not being that warm tonight I'm wide awake. Stupid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm at work.. It's quiet tonight so I'm trying hard not to get into bad thinking..

yes some energy in this night.. not sure what it is. have wish to go out and walk...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can you go for a walk?.

well i can, but it is the middle of the night so..

I'm a bit of a nutter so I'd go walking but obviously it's not for everyone.. Have you got any exercise type stuff at home you could use for a while, if that's your thing?

i do, some weights. but perhaps ill just go to the balcony and breathe.. let me see if that will do the trick...

I hope it does.. Doing something relaxing before you try sleep is better than exercise for most apparently anyway..

• Advertisement

yes it is strange i need to breathe.. because when i close my eyes i feel like falling. do you know the feeling?... its not very pleasant....

Oh yes I know that one. Scary and annoying all at once.. Very hard to get rid of too. :-(

here comes the rain.. it will prob settle the things down...

Smells so good outside now after shower we had earlier. Fresh and clean kind of..

yes true, i fell asleep afterwards.. it was about half 5 though :).. but - interestingly enough, feeling better today : ).. strange :))

how are you grem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Can't sleep at all tonight. Hope everyone is keeping well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Not great. Bit irrational. Got upset with someone and feel unlistened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

No sleep ffs. I'll be like a dog all day.

i feel low even i slept quite good few hours... perhaps the weather i don't know... :(

• Advertisement

A lot of posters seemed unable to sleep recently, I hope you have all caught up a bit since. I'm having my what seems at least weekly attack of loneliness.. I tried getting touch with a few people but it's not working out very well at all. My big problem I think might be how instantly down I am when it enters my head..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement