Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

That isn't a Tesla, but rather a Fisker Karma!!!

Its the only one in Ireland atm. There is also a Tesla Model S floating about Rathfarnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Kaiser D wrote: »

Its the only one in Ireland atm. There is also a Tesla Model S floating about Rathfarnam.

You're right too, that's pretty cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Capri wrote: »
    LE - Last Edition ? :rolleyes:
    No need for the roll eyes rubbish, I've noticed you posting it a number of times towards a number of different users in the classics subsection.

It's a LE for LIMITED EDITION and you're almost correct calling it an anniversary model as the LE was launched to celebrate the models anniversary. The last 580 MGB's built at Abingdon were badged LE and sold with that silver colour (among others) and a few other goodies such as the alloys and side decals.

One for sale here

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C494390

The badge was resurrected for the MGTF LE500 and one lives around Dun Laoighre as I see it regularly (red with UK plates and a dent in every panel)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

Saw this earlier very very nice!
    20140804_154557_zpsus9yaf8g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Future classics in their own way - a Tesla and a Twizy, part of a 'dream' collection if you were young enough to wait 30years :rolleyes:

Didn't realise there were any Tesla's in Ireland. Nice spot!

CFD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Ah! Good spot all the same. Must google the Fisker, impressive looking yoke.

CFD

Ah! Good spot all the same. Must google the Fisker, impressive looking yoke.

CFD

Fiskers are rare everywhere. That young fellow will.i.am has one.
    Teslas have sold in surprising numbers in the UK; not surprising really because they are the only decent looking electric car imo; even if they are €100k.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Nice lightweight on the SCR this afternoon;

imagejpg1_zpsc05256f2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Tesla/Fiskar - it was lashing rain but it's still no excuse :o:o:o
    May I be electrocuted by the first one I sit into ! http://thenewfisker.com/
    I think the Tesla looks a bit Jag-ish .

The P6 caught my eye and I diverted to chase after it - IF I had a few bob this is one I'd buy and cherish. US-style plate and surround, Vitesse (?) alloys, twin pipes and associated rumble and subtle (non-Rover) V6 badging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

That Rover looks just right...

317217.jpg

• Advertisement

Look at it compared to the beige Renault Fluence :o

Family saloons with years between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Just now (Cork city centre)

20140805_154408.jpg

That Rover looks just right...

And he didn't mess with the reg either, it coulda been Z V8 8856, but he's better not attracting a ticket for that :mad:

Todays shots - missed a (future classic Merc ) SLS 60 DC was the reg. , and a nice pairing on the N11 , W123 coupe being passed by W124 coupe :cool: and an 88 Carina

Saw a matte black Rover P4 earlier today. Rivets on parts of the body, looked proper "rat look" and really cool :cool:

Saw a matte black Rover P4 earlier today. Rivets on parts of the body, looked proper "rat look" and really cool :cool:

Seen that before, had photo here, will post if I can find it.

Tuned Corolla

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭w124man

Hey Capri ..... do you do nuttin else but drive up and down the N11 with your camera at the ready? :D

Seen that before, had photo here, will post if I can find it.

Tuned Corolla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMAy7Z6zys&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, seriously cool yoke indeed. A bit of searching online reveals it's had a roof chop and everything :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

I was out with our club GOIVCC this Sunday in Bray here are a few photos from the day enjoy
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/123850739@N05/sets/72157646207700704/

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

And he didn't mess with the reg either, it coulda been Z V8 8856, but he's better not attracting a ticket for that :mad:

should be on a euro plate technically

Just to keep the 'pests' off your case - so will pull you for anything :mad:

• Advertisement

Lot of LR's out yesterday, missed a 141 Defender shot to complete the pack.White one is 82D LHD. RR is another one for my 'Dream Garage' along with that P6 from the w/end :cool:
    R4 is ex-Garda I think.

Interesting comeback, SOME might remember the VeloSolex / Motobecane, here's a new version - 'Buzzinbikes.com was on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

No, pre 1991 so not needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Interesting comeback, SOME might remember the VeloSolex / Motobecane, here's a new version - 'Buzzinbikes.com was on it ;)

Often wondered about the old velosolex etc. or the more modern version in your pic.
    Is "road tax" and insurance required if used on public roads ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Saw a lovely spitty this morning in Stillorgan.

8ayTK9.jpg

4MFPgL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭w124man

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Often wondered about the old velosolex etc. or the more modern version in your pic.
    Is "road tax" and insurance required if used on public roads ?

Yes its a mechanically propelled vehicle ..... unless it falls into an exempt section.

w124man wrote: »
    Yes its a mechanically propelled vehicle ..... unless it falls into an exempt section.

The 'get-out' clause might be in the pedals, it's only a 'part-time mechanically propelled VEH-HEE-KILL ' :)

http://buzzingbicycles.webs.com/aboutbuzzingbicycles.htm
    I hope to make the bicycle engine and motorized bicycle popular in Ireland and also make the legal requirements (tax/insurance/licence) much more transparent so that we can all enjoy our motorized bicycles in peace :)

Velosolex

Mobylette

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Lovely English reg RX7 in Drumcondra today;

imagejpg1_zps66bd7270.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

No, pre 1991 so not needed!

first registerd in this country after 91 so it should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

spotted these in Deansgrange yesterday while putting Mrs tc20s Micra through the NCT. The Bluebird is an 89 Turbo SR, which was in for the test.
    The Merc & AC were just in the same industrial estate

Advertisement