Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

swarlb wrote: »
    It's a Bentley S1
    I serviced it a few weeks ago...

I love the internet.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Clonsilla, Dublin 15

Hmmm, I hope the driver was meant to be there . . . . . Speeding tickets sent to offenders now don't show the drivers face for privacy reasons. Pics of the cars yes . . . . . but pics of the driver and or passenger ? ? Are we on thin ice here ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hmmm, I hope the driver was meant to be there . . . . . Speeding tickets sent to offenders now don't show the drivers face for privacy reasons. Pics of the cars yes . . . . . but pics of the driver and or passenger ? ? Are we on thin ice here ? :confused:

The driver is not identified, his name, address nor date of birth are not disclosed, he and his car are in a public place, so no GDPR problems arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Groningen northern Holland, Peugeot 403 in it's working clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

I've looked at the photo a few times, and all I can see is a red BMW !!!
    Am I missing something, or am I too used to servicing 'classics'.
    Honestly, if that car turned up at my shop, I'd direct him to the nearest BMW dealership.... seriously, are 'classics' these days getting younger, or am I getting older, or is the range of posters on here simply 'younger'.

I've also checked the reg of my daily driver (a vehicle I use for ferrying kids, family, tools, spares, and towing) and it's a few years OLDER, and I don't consider it a classic...

Rant over.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A 92 E34 is surely a classic, young timer at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

This is partly what I love about Ballsbridge and the surrounding area - a little bit of everything classic-wise. A few from today:

488730.jpg

488731.jpg

488732.jpg

Images aren't showing Garzard

Feck, added them on the desktop but only have the mobile right now (can't add them on this). Will fix it later when I get home to a PC. Apologies!

Previous post fixed. Another from today outside work - this one seems to be a daily driver; see it most mornings on my way in.

488733.jpg

• Advertisement

Can anyone identify this one? Spotted it from my bus this morning in Terenure, but couldn't get a photo on time. This is a Google Maps screenshot, best view I could get. Looks like an Alfa Romeo to me.

488758.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

^ Alfa 75 there Garzard, rare enough these days.
    Ran from the mid 80s to early 90s, replaced by the 155.
    Nice recent spots there too in your other posts!

Garzard wrote: »

488732.jpg

I came close to owning that Golf (the red one!) a couple of years ago. It’s a lovely example

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ Alfa 75 there Garzard, rare enough these days.
    Ran from the mid 80s to early 90s, replaced by the 155.
    Nice recent spots there too in your other posts!

Cheers! Thought it might have been a Quattro when I passed by it this morning, nearly jumped with excitement. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

recent sightings around Bray/Greystones

Nice tc20!

Spotted this in Rathmines this evening, it's slightly blurry unfortunately!

Noticed also in Terenure today along the Templeogue Road there's a nice silver Volvo 244 that's been parked up in one of the driveways - hidden from view under trees and other cars; looks like it hasn't moved in years. Shame to see any classic being let to rot!

attachment.php?attachmentid=488841&stc=1&d=1566506295

As far as I know that Volvo is in regular use...though the years of tree sap etc haven’t done the body much good. It always looked quite forlorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A wedding fleet at the Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone today.
    MB 200,MB 280E,MB190E,VW 1300.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Now that's a fine collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

elperello wrote: »
    A wedding fleet at the Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone today.
    MB 200,MB 280E,MB190E,VW 1300.

The Bridesmaids in the 280, they must have been hardy.

• Advertisement

A few from around North Dublin :

IMG-20190823-162119.jpg

IMG-20190823-160428.jpg

IMG-20190823-155534.jpg

IMG-20190823-152702.jpg

Actually meant to put those in the "oldest car" thread.

I’ve seen that Saab around the place before. A nice old thing and I’m glad it survives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

C&C yesterday at Frank Keane BMW. I got a few others but I like this one best

489067.jpg

A couple from the Irish Motor Festival yesterday. Mostly drift cars as it turned out; there weren't really many classics on display at all, just a couple here and there and actually found more interesting classics in the carpark than at the show. According to the site though today is the main day so much more was on show, but I wasn't free to visit.

489068.jpg

489069.jpg

489070.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Clonsilla, Dublin 15

GfPdCRZ.jpg
    nsdQrxi.jpg
    AMJEKbe.jpg

Stephen's Green this evening on the cycle home - again, apologies for the fuzzy cycle cam!

489256.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

94 Starlet in Cavan town.
    Fully loaded with all the important accessories, an L sign, a fog light, and "the ball hitch" !
    ev52LMH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Nice 2002 near Croke park this eve

489266.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Is that 2002 picture photo-shopped? The colours are class. Worthy of a glossy car mag.

Advertisement