Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

Spotted in Knocklyon this evening. Capri?

486320.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Yup, in my favourite colour combo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Hartstown, Dublin 15

[Herald pics]

Met the owner of that in Darndale a few weeks ago, sound chap. He uses it daily, its a tidy little thing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That yellow Capri is a daily driver. See it regularly on the M50 between Sandyford & Knocklyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭w124man

That Orion brings back horrific memories. My missus had a new one, an '88 diesel in quite a high spec. It was worse than the Vectra I had and to this day I have and never will have another Ford or Opel again because of the rubbish build quality from both manufacturers. We all make mistakes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Super-Valu carpark Tuam today

z09H4soh.jpg

MFeJsNjh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Carrickonshannon :

20190729-005214.jpg

20190728-140150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

w124man wrote: »
    That Orion brings back horrific memories. My missus had a new one, an '88 diesel in quite a high spec. It was worse than the Vectra I had and to this day I have and never will have another Ford or Opel again because of the rubbish build quality from both manufacturers. We all make mistakes!

I remember my brother had one. He didn't have much bother with it but when he decided to change he brought it to a Ford dealer. He basically told him to F*** off somewhere else with it.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My local petrol station.

IiVbKWz.jpg

DnIRV9q.jpg

cegRrha.jpg

An old drinking buddy of mine.

PVjM4Q5.jpg
    hS7nnCG.jpg
    ASPfjSh.jpg
    hOaLjQj.jpg
    dwSOqHK.jpg

• Advertisement

Owned by another friend of mine. I think I had pics of it up before.

v1xb4kz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Benalmadena, Spain half an hour ago. Seat 127 mk1, very dusty but in near perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

sligojoek wrote: »
    Owned by another friend of mine. I think I had pics of it up before.

v1xb4kz.jpg

I'm trying to find a good vintage one of those..... any ideas

Ely Place by Stephen's Green earlier. The reflection covering the front half of the car looks at first glance like it's been covered in Tippex.. :p

486681.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

posted these two in the "whats the oldest car.." thread, but thought they're worthy of posting here.

the Rolls was in Galway, I'm guessing its from the 30s/40s?

the ice cream van was in Bray, I'm guessing make its way home after attending the airshow on Sunday evening. I'm sure I read about the owner (not the driver on the day) of this particular van, who is a rather elderly gentleman who is, or was up until recently, still doing the rounds. Anyone recognise the van?

tc20 wrote: »
    posted these two in the "whats the oldest car.." thread, but thought they're worthy of posting here.

the Rolls was in Galway, I'm guessing its from the 30s/40s?

the ice cream van was in Bray, I'm guessing make its way home after attending the airshow on Sunday evening. I'm sure I read about the owner (not the driver on the day) of this particular van, who is a rather elderly gentleman who is, or was up until recently, still doing the rounds. Anyone recognise the van?

If it's the same guy, Joe Duffy had him on the radio last year.

wrangler wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a good vintage one of those..... any ideas

I haven't a clue. I'll ask him on Friday. I've a feeling that one came from the UK or NI a few years ago.

sligojoek wrote: »
    If it's the same guy, Joe Duffy had him on the radio last year.

Different man/van

John Taylor is the man you are thinking about, his van is identical but it’s reg is 8168 Z...he has it from new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

Different man/van

John Taylor is the man you are thinking about, his van is identical but it’s reg is 8168 Z...he has it from new

that's it Duke, I was fairly sure the owner had the van from new, the I one I posted was a ZV..
    how much is a 99 from him :)

Different man/van

Van's are different too

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Van's are different too

Just looking at tc’s picture again, right you are. The other van is much more intricate at the rear

I have photos of it somewhere that I’ll dig out

Just looking at tc’s picture again, right you are. The other van is much more intricate at the rear

I have photos of it somewhere that I’ll dig out

I think Taylors is an Austin maybe and the Bray one is an LDV?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I think Taylors is an Austin maybe and the Bray one is an LDV?

Interesting enough the truck in tc’s photo comes back as a Morris LD on motorcheck, but those little low down glass panes are from an Austin FG.

I don’t know enough about old commercials to comment further. I would guess maybe they were added by the coach builder?

Interesting enough the truck in tc’s photo comes back as a Morris LD on motorcheck, but those little low down glass panes are from an Austin FG.

I don’t know enough about old commercials to comment further. I would guess maybe they were added by the coach builder?

https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/irelands-oldest-icecream-man-is-honoured-with-special-award-35285131.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Carrickonshannon :

20190729-005214.jpg

20190728-140150.jpg

They spent the night in Cryans Hotel car park.
    Two Wolseleys, two Austins and a Rover, all in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Garzard wrote: »
    Ely Place by Stephen's Green earlier. The reflection covering the front half of the car looks at first glance like it's been covered in Tippex.. :p

486681.jpg

I've posted that up before. :)

Rathdown Avenue this evening - too nice to pass up a photo!

486987.jpg

Interesting to see the PSV sticker on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Interesting to see the PSV sticker on that!

Probably a 'limo'

• Advertisement

In Supervalu Knocklyon today:

487116.jpg

Advertisement