Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Clonsilla,Dublin 15

4okunlT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

recently spotted around Greystones & Bray..

..and a few more..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

tc20 wrote: »
    recently spotted around Greystones & Bray..

That 635CSi looks super clean, love it!

PauloMN wrote: »
    That 635CSi looks super clean, love it!

it was immaculate in the flesh, going by the NCT disc, mileage was under 100k miles (approx. 80k iirc) showroom fresh interior, a credit to the owner :cool:

• Advertisement

Tullamore

jsoQp9a.jpg
    Lf5sJ8T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What is that? Something Australian I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's something similar around Sligo. Must get a pic next time I'm in. Newer than that I think it's a Ford. V8 badge on the front wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What is that? Something Australian I presume

Yes, it's a Holden Ute V8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

A Holden kingswood WB ute, used to have one just like this in the early 00's. Very sorry I didn't bring it home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I can't upload pictures from my phone but if someone can give me an email address to send them to I've got a few pictures I took yesterday of some of the finest Bugatti's in the world.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

You can attach images to your post, or download the Imgur app and upload the for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

sligojoek wrote: »
    There's something similar around Sligo. Must get a pic next time I'm in. Newer than that I think it's a Ford. V8 badge on the front wing.

It's also Holden Ute. Guy who has the Swagman pub has it. Regularly parked outside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ya. That's where I've seen it.

My computer mentor had a tough ol' day at the Junior Cert today, not too fond of the native language. Hates it actually.

Anyway ,the pictures should be here now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

There was scores and scores of them from all around the world went passed the end of my lane yesterday.

Unreal sights and sounds, I've seen all types of vintage runs but this bate all.

Spoke to a few owners and a couple of stewards, very interesting stories. One fella's clutch went coming over Ballaghbeama, the mechanics in the back up van had it replaced within a few hours. Another guy is the third generation of his family to own a 1928 car, another fella owns 6 of them.

There was two ladies from Belgium who had one rescued from the bottom of the water off a pier in France. The previous owner put it there rather than give it over to the taxman, they bought it and had it restored except for the body work which they thought added character to the story of the history of the car.

A lot of them were in fantastic original condition, some of them looked like they were put together with some spare parts and just the one spanner and others looked like they should be in a showroom, which they probably are 99% of the time. There was a few race cars there too.

It cost three and a half grand just to register for the spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭w124man

I can't upload pictures from my phone but if someone can give me an email address to send them to I've got a few pictures I took yesterday of some of the finest Bugatti's in the world.

I take it you haven't seen the Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse, France

w124man wrote: »
    I take it you haven't seen the Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse, France

I can confirm that.

Is it worth the journey from south Kerry to go see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tom petty

There was scores and scores of them from all around the world went passed the end of my lane yesterday.

Unreal sights and sounds, I've seen all types of vintage runs but this bate all.

Spoke to a few owners and a couple of stewards, very interesting stories. One fella's clutch went coming over Ballaghbeama, the mechanics in the back up van had it replaced within a few hours. Another guy is the third generation of his family to own a 1928 car, another fella owns 6 of them.

There was two ladies from Belgium who had one rescued from the bottom of the water off a pier in France. The previous owner put it there rather than give it over to the taxman, they bought it and had it restored except for the body work which they thought added character to the story of the history of the car.

A lot of them were in fantastic original condition, some of them looked like they were put together with some spare parts and just the one spanner and others looked like they should be in a showroom, which they probably are 99% of the time. There was a few race cars there too.

It cost three and a half grand just to register for the spin.

I seen them in Kenmare, had a walk round them and spoke to a couple of owner/passengers.
    Quite amazing to see such motoring heritage parked up and much respect for the owners using them in such a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Group of Belgian classics out on tour in West Clare today

• Advertisement

I can confirm that.

Is it worth the journey from south Kerry to go see it?

The Schlumpf Collection is worth going to see but you were very lucky to see all those cars in your own place.
    It's a bit like an All Ireland being played at your local club's field.

Clonsilla,Dublin 15

nd7DEhR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

TR4?

Looks like it

rizzodun wrote: »
    It's also Holden Ute. Guy who has the Swagman pub has it. Regularly parked outside there.

Just FYI a Holden turned up on DD today.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/holden-commadore-ss-ute-5-7-v8-550bhptax-333/22014919

Dublin Airport

CykL6mA.jpg
    egqOX9L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

elperello wrote: »

A quick look online and you would most likely buy and import one in yourself for a lot less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭dball

Castelgregory, Co Kerry
    KWrX1Bs4WF_Clj3ZMX85Q35T0Msx8KDU27102gnn3RvT7Zvyyw04uWdzfnpG15PfNAQpbFg2nPVcokCN6G86PmvlSI4BWz-3ECYkfhLkFejU1YpIfHAFje-GSBtUKvbhU_zlJHWN_fm4owUwqkI3wxIpKa4vkNlKSIDw2yuYjALBuxINecoHCitjmnFNCiYzeNPdUT31eNun3dy-RdPvzSo_fKxYRZuQGYudjc3r5QcCOqb40x32ssheoeJZrICj89PMzwQiSmhSXc-rSU2Yvjow_Sdjp6HZ3-02BKuOnxnH0u_5DNElBoN3ychcHMlU83fkJNEqI24cqfeCPmRH_Wz1GIRnPs0DR8qgXFCpXf2TzYe3k7c8xJhZkl0sOom8_D4BFGcSvyuQrD2Z5NmuXjMQQJWi9FYr1tiOvyAjT_pS9ZqrX6onrcAVSKZvIN3Fu1k0O3HVb3TzWsU1_nVMJHDY3VriBgaYj25taNOezo5NXh9PNPqcltytgCtA22hEu167hyL0RwiRC7owwKjuzfwdgHJU7Wgal4I4O3tm8BWjFHaSIvOVr-ho7mhoAraxCGGu92Sn5wdG6L8KdPUA0ogINgFtEQA-7jrAwNzDKcmDHAWa7m39NenvOAro0_XqG_QLYAy3LYFYT_Leoj3EqcYjkrqArzpW=w777-h1036-no

Saw this in Clarehall this afternoon

48031993518_41364f523e_c.jpg

48031993448_4f16e80646_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Jayzuss that is beautiful. I mean, really beautiful.

Advertisement