Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saab 96 V4 Build Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Am i missing something, I looked at the ad on done deal and it shows a road tax figure of €413. I thought that being over 30 years old that you would be getting vintage tax.?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Sorry Kd, I hate to say it because of the class work you put into it, but IMHO the blue looks SHOITE. Fcuks up what is a beautiful car. Even a Matt black rattle can over the blue would hugely improve it. If I could persuade the war office I'd have it in a heartbeat though. Leave it with me for a few days.

roadsmart wrote: »
    Sorry Kd, I hate to say it because of the class work you put into it, but IMHO the blue looks SHOITE. Fcuks up what is a beautiful car. Even a Matt black rattle can over the blue would hugely improve it. If I could persuade the war office I'd have it in a heartbeat though. Leave it with me for a few days.

Haha no problem. I can't expect everybody to like it!

Cheers though!

10550919_767110733331153_4281429449510652707_n.jpg?oh=3d6235fd2b858ed4fc315c9f2753bc53&oe=545819EC&__gda__=1413462629_5229a9620c4eecb2a6c851ae161ada97
    I'll do a write up later, still a work in progress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Much better. That blue roof was giving me a headache :p

unkel wrote: »
    Much better. That blue roof was giving me a headache :p

I need to take some fresh photos actually.

I've ordered a new clutch master cylinder over the weekend, and it should be here around Thursday. Will be back on the road then. Gotta get a roof rack made up then, some new interior carpet too, and whatever presents itself in the meantime...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ike22

I like what you're doing with the Saab. I have a 75 Saab 96 myself. Im hoping to go to a show in Clonard on the 31st August 2014. If you were looking for somewhere to bring it. It would look good having more that one there.

Thanks. I have a bit of work to do on it, but I'm struggling to find the time. There is some welding to do as well as some dodgy electrics to sort. I had it out yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks, and the wipers, lights and indicators packed up too.
    I'll probably be retiring it for the Winter soon and go over it with a fine toothcomb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement