Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Far as I know you can't progress. Depending on the module/department, you may have to repeat the module internally (i.e. go to all the classes, do all the assignments) or possibly just repeat the exam next summer and not have to attend classes. But either way, I don't think you can progress to the next year.

Someone will surely be along to give you correct info though, rather than my ill-informed speculation. Am just guessing, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

marko93 wrote: »
    I repeated 5 modules in my first year of Science. 4 of them were maths and the other Biology. It's far from the end of the world, just use your free time and put in a few hours during the week.

Did you fail them by muxh first time around Im resitting 6 and 4 of them I bombed first time around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Timetable is out!

www.nuim.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/Autumn/2014/Timetable/information/bydepartment.pdf

Edit: except I'm on my phone and can't get the damn like to work

I made it work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

That is a pretty timetable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

13th, 14th, 15th and 16th. FFS

13th, 20th and 21st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ashley1111

Im a bit confused, say you fail one of your 3 subjects and you have to repeat but you fail the repeats in august, can you continue to second year with the other 2 subjects and just repeat the failed subject? or do you have to do first year all over again?

Ashley1111 wrote: »
    Im a bit confused, say you fail one of your 3 subjects and you have to repeat but you fail the repeats in august, can you continue to second year with the other 2 subjects and just repeat the failed subject? or do you have to do first year all over again?

No, you repeat whatever modules you failed in August in 1st Yr again

No, you repeat whatever modules you failed in August in 1st Yr again

Thank you! I thought I was never going to be able to move on from first year, I'm a bit less stressed out now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Thank you! I thought I was never going to be able to move on from first year, I'm a bit less stressed out now!
    Meaning, you repeat what you failed in first year and you can't move on into second year until you pass them.

mickstupp wrote: »
    Meaning, you repeat what you failed in first year and you can't move on into second year until you pass them.

So i cannot move on to second year at all until I pass the failed subject? Even though I know for sure I will be dropping it in second year?

So i cannot move on to second year at all until I pass the failed subject? Even though I know for sure I will be dropping it in second year?

Yeah, if you fail you repeat it again, you don't move on otherwise.

Yeah, if you fail you repeat it again, you don't move on otherwise.

And then what about the other 2 subjects that I did pass? What happens with them if I have to repeat the failed subject?

And then what about the other 2 subjects that I did pass? What happens with them if I have to repeat the failed subject?

They're passed so you can just start where you left off with them when you get into second year

They're passed so you can just start where you left off with them when you get into second year

So worst case scenario, I fail this repeat and I have to repeat, I'd just be doing the two modules I failed for the entire year?

You passed them, they aren't a problem anymore. You have the repeat whatever module you fail

So worst case scenario, I fail this repeat and I have to repeat, I'd just be doing the two modules I failed for the entire year?

Pretty much!

Pretty much!

And would I have the option to repeat externally then?

As far as I know you are but I think it can depend on the module

• Advertisement

Scratch that, read it wrong. As MCR said yeah you will, but AFAIK Lecturers can put different questions for external students.

Scratch that, read it wrong. As MCR said yeah you will, but AFAIK Lecturers can put different questions for external students.

So would there be any possibility that i would be able to continue to second year with my other subjects and just register to do the failed module as an exam at the end of the year?

So would there be any possibility that i would be able to continue to second year with my other subjects and just register to do the failed module as an exam at the end of the year?

No. As long as you have failed modules outstanding, you won't be allowed progress to the next year.

No. As long as you have failed modules outstanding, you won't be allowed progress to the next year.

Ok, thanks a million!

Lads can you pass a repeat by compensation had a very very tough one todag and not sure if Ill pass its the only one Im majorly worried about😧

Menelaun wrote: »
    Lads can you pass a repeat by compensation had a very very tough one todag and not sure if Ill pass its the only one Im majorly worried about😧

I can't say for sure but I think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Just to add to that, how many subjects can be compensated, is it just one?

lisar816 wrote: »
    Just to add to that, how many subjects can be compensated, is it just one?

Depends on the year, department and such. There's different rules for each. Best info is on the page they sent out with your results stating the requirements for each course. I'd tell you if I had it handy but I can't find it anywhere now.

I can't say for sure but I think you can.

Anywhere I can verify this do you know Im worried sick after yesterday

• Advertisement

Last year I passed maths by compensation, I passed 3 out of the 4 exams. So yeah you can compensate AFAIK.

Advertisement