Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal woman

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bafucin wrote: »
    No...you accept all are human and grow enough to accommodate.

There is a difference between the right woman and a perfect or ideal woman.

You want a woman you are utterly in love with. She will not be perfect. The woman you fall madly in love with may not tick all your boxes. And the women who has all the ticks might not make your pulse race.

Infact the people who settle are usually the ones who get their list but not the passion. But in their heads they think actually I am not going to get any better than her she is perfect on paper etc.

You can fall very hard for someone who you would have expected to fall for.

Nicely put.
    Yes, so in other words you settle.

Perhaps on a grand scale, but not at the individual. Settling has connotations of knowing the person you're with isn't compatible with you, yet you stay with them anyway. Be it for fear of not being able to find anyone better, or because you feel its the social norm.

This I don't want, nor will ever entertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

I don't have a list really. I've always said what I've wanted is a girl who is;

- Slim
    - Attractive
    - Sound - Good sense of humour, not a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    I don't have a list really. I've always said what I've wanted is a girl who is;

- Slim
    - Attractive
    - Sound - Good sense of humour, not a bitch.
    Reasonable.

And I am sure you will find one.

But I just want to make a point using your post not to get at you or anything. It is just to illustrate something.

There are LOTS of slim attractive sound women in this country....but you would not fall for all of them would you ...or even most of them maybe...only a few.

If you settle for a list I think you settle...it is the indefinable ...the gut feeling...I dunno maybe it's lust or love ..but it's there and there is no escape .....:( which is a good thing....or maybe we're done for...

I think as a guy I tend to feel 'it ' earlier ...maybe it is because I am driven by visuals

Vito Corleone
    Yes, so in other words you settle.

In as much as we settle for the imperfections of being human.
    Unless you are very attractive or have low standards then you settle. It's a sad reality of life.

You sound very dissatisfied with life....ever the cynic ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Bafucin wrote: »
    Reasonable.

And I am sure you will find one.

But I just want to make a point using your post not to get at you or anything. It is just to illustrate something.

There are LOTS of slim attractive sound women in this country....but you would not fall for all of them would you ...or even most of them maybe...only a few.

If you settle for a list I think you settle...it is the indefinable ...the gut feeling...I dunno maybe it's lust or love ..but it's there and there is no escape .....:( which is a good thing....or maybe we're done for...
    It's true what you're saying, there's definitely a connection with some that you don't get with others. Thankfully I've found one who likes me back for whatever reason , so I'm happy out for the time being :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

Good point. :o
    doesent say much,exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcept to praise her man,always up first in the morn,cheerful.complimentary,good cook,fit of course,and whats that word?......richhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

There often appears to be a lot of debate in male circles as to what sort of woman is most suitable, whether this be for a short-term girlfriend or a life partner. By the same token, there is a lot of debate as to what sort of girl is more likely to cheat or stray. Clear potential for generalisations here. Some say the better-looking the woman, the more chances she will have to cheat, which means the more likely she will cheat. Others say if she is from a broken home, stability is alien to her and she may subconsciously seek to sabotage a perfectly good relationship. Then it can also be argued if she is an attention-seeker, if you are not giving her enough attention she will quickly find someone who will.

It's hard to say with any conviction or certainty which of the above is true aside from individual examples, there are too many variables really in any situation to try to establish patterns.

Of course no one is perfect, when I look back at all the girls I have gone out with in my life in addition to all the girls I have been interested in, there are certain common points that emerge, but there are just as many differences. I seem to be attracted to women who have great difficulty acknowledging they are in the wrong for instance. But then some are more straightforward/upfront with me, some are more romantic, some are more open-minded, some dress better, some are more princess-like and some are more cerebral than the others. I suppose if I were to look for positive commonalities, they would all be thin, could laugh at themselves, have a generally kind nature and a soft spot for animals.

To conclude, I would go along with what I read somewhere recently, even though it sounds cheesy, I think the relationship has got a much better chance of working out if you and the girl are like best friends. Plus this would diminish the chance of her cheating as well. I'm not saying that the woman can't have a straight male best friend in addition, but it may be somewhat worrying if she was constantly communicating with him and neglecting you. Of course men choose good looking women over women with whom they have better compatibility all the time, but this probably isn't the best recipe for long-term success. Of course if she is very striking and you also get on like a house on fire this is ideal, but perhaps not that common. It is probably better to slightly trade down in looks slightly in exchange for someone who you really click with.

Jason1984 wrote: »
    Similar sense of humour, doesn't take herself too seriously
    Kind - this is vital
    Slim
    Similar outlook on family and life
    Non-smoker - I don't mind smoking but if I love someone I want them around for a while
    Drama adverse
    Keeps reasonably fit, not the 'do one spinning class a week and 'reward' yourself with a Domino's' fit
    Grown out of the living for the weekend phase. If I see one duck face in some night club photos then g'luck :P
    Not a Corrie/Xpose fan
    Reads books
    Keeps informed on current affairs - I like the odd intelligent conversation now and then
    Doesn't have a kid, been there done that
    Not attention seeking - I'm honestly too old for it
    Not materialistic - I enjoy shiny things too but when things go wrong I need someone to be there for me, not what I have
    We have to 'click'

Is that too many??

Would almost be my list to a tee!

Given I do watch Corrie from time to time I'd be a hypocrite if I included that, but everything else...yeah totally agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

OnTheCouch wrote: »
    Would almost be my list to a tee!

Given I do watch Corrie from time to time I'd be a hypocrite if I included that, but everything else...yeah totally agree with you.

I call bagsies if you find her :P

Jason1984 wrote: »
    I call bagsies if you find her :P

Was thinking about it a bit more last night and may also add not overly-romantic types to it.

Unfortunately for us, I think it's a pipe dream to find someone who is everything on the list. I have met girls in the past who perhaps cover over three-quarters, but everyone has weaknesses of course.

I think as others said, sometimes you just hit it off with someone, without ever really knowing why, so it may be best just to follow your instinct then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, I can't do the overly romantic stuff either. I'm not sure if its because I notoriously associate that, and probably wrongly, with the the disney, 'girly girl', I'm a princess type.

I'd wager that I could probably find an intelligent woman who is also a romantic, and so I'd scrap the above. But I am a bit emotionally withdrawn myself, so I'd certainly find it awkward though. I wouldn't say relationships, but I've had a few women who I saw for a short while only for it to end as they felt I was a little detached. Each one I didn't really see a long term thing, and couple that with my nature and I can certainly see where they are coming from.

Anyway, as I'm rambling again (:p), main thing for me personality wise would be intelligence and kindness. To add some bullet points, I suppose I'd look for someone open minded, inquisitive, humourous, non religious, and a lover of music and animals. Humour is probably a big one, as I'm one of the most easily amused people around and am constantly quipping on the funny side of everything.

Eyes and ass are the things I fall for looks wise. The latter usually means they have a thin body, or not heavy rather.

I don't actively go out with a list or anything, so I do feel a little silly writing this down, truth be told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Ok hopping with my ideal man list, hope that's ok:

Kind (an absolute dealbreaker).
    Loves animals.
    Makes me giggle and not afraid to be silly or clown around.
    Smart, not too worried in what area but must have a bit of cop on and intelligence.
    Honest.
    No interest in football.
    Big Big Big, physically imposing, don't mind if he has weight on him either but preferably be very tall and broad.
    Domineering in the bedroom but not outside it : )
    Not a drama queen (well king in this case)
    Doesn't expect me to wear high heels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

curlzy wrote: »
    Ok hopping with my ideal man list, hope that's ok:

Kind (an absolute dealbreaker).
    Loves animals.
    Makes me giggle and not afraid to be silly or clown around.
    Smart, not too worried in what area but must have a bit of cop on and intelligence.
    Honest.
    No interest in football.
    Big Big Big, physically imposing, don't mind if he has weight on him either but preferably be very tall and broad.
    Domineering in the bedroom but not outside it : )
    Not a drama queen (well king in this case)
    Doesn't expect me to wear high heels!

Took me a while to cop you were describing a man, I was very confused for a few minutes :D

Advertisement