Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

My ideal woman would be as follows

- Attractive
    - Intelligent
    - Has a decent job (not the type where you work 80hrs a week job but something that can support both of us financially if I lose my job or something happens)
    - Has similar interests with me
    - Adventurous
    - Honesty
    - Low maintenance (can't see why some need to have 18 different dresses to choose to wear for one night only and not to wear it again :confused:)
    - Has a great appetite and an excellent cooker
    - A great sense of humour
    - Most importantly, a dog-lover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Similar sense of humour, doesn't take herself too seriously
    Kind - this is vital
    Slim
    Similar outlook on family and life
    Non-smoker - I don't mind smoking but if I love someone I want them around for a while
    Drama adverse
    Keeps reasonably fit, not the 'do one spinning class a week and 'reward' yourself with a Domino's' fit
    Grown out of the living for the weekend phase. If I see one duck face in some night club photos then g'luck :P
    Not a Corrie/Xpose fan
    Reads books
    Keeps informed on current affairs - I like the odd intelligent conversation now and then
    Doesn't have a kid, been there done that
    Not attention seeking - I'm honestly too old for it
    Not materialistic - I enjoy shiny things too but when things go wrong I need someone to be there for me, not what I have
    We have to 'click'

Is that too many??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Wibbs wrote: »
    I believe it's this quote in particular F, which does seem to be with some a popular tagline on ArseBook and the like:

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” MM.

I'd avoid someone who expressed similar or saw this as some sort of rallying cry, as it has been my experience that it's basically an excuse to act like a neurotic and explain it away/get a free ride entitlement from your behaviour.

In a similar vein a few years ago there was a song called "I'm a Bitch" which was a one hit wonder popular for a time. A quick googlette tells me it was written by one Meredith Brooks apparently. Basically the same message. "I can act like an overgrown child, but because every so often I might act like a sane adult you must accept this if you want to love me, oh and you should feel blessed to have me". Ehhh no. Your song title pretty much covers the bases lass, ta very much aannnd goodnight.

Put it another way, if a bloke came out with similar he would be told to head off, by both genders and rightfully.

Jesus wibbs, I wish I could transport back in time armed with this post,would have saved a lot of hassle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh I'd say a few of us have been there B. I have. It's all too easy to mistake drama for emotions and/or passion, especially when young and especially if the woman is good looking. That crap gets real old real quick though. I don't care how gorgeous you think she is, it will get old and you will get tired of looking at her, among other verbs...

If you're sensible/lucky. Too many guys can get stuck in that rut, especially if it's early on in their romantic journey. They think that's reality. They assume that's how Women(tm) are. Culture and the media doesn't help here. "Bitches be crazy" is a well worn meme, as is "you can never understand women" and all that guff. Hell some never learn. I can think of more than a couple of guys in their 30's and 40's who never learned and now they're married to "girls".

If you keep your eyes and ears and brain open and learn to ignore the one eyed tiny brain in your pants then you come to realise that that type of soul drainer isn't a woman, they're a little girl masquerading as one. Learn the difference and it gets so much easier. There are more women than girls out there. The latter just tend to make the more noise so are the more noticeable. Talk to women, ignore girls(of any age). Never worth it beyond a flingette and even then...

Signs you have a Girlchild(tm)?

It's always about them, how they feel, how they filter life through their internal lens. It's entirely subjective, even when they appear to do something nice. It's all about how it makes them feel. They mistake sentiment and drama for emotion and reality. They have a drama requirement a need for emotional stimulation that needs a constant topup and if they don't get the good healthy kind of topup, they engineer a situation to get that emotional stimulation, even if it's unhealthy. Loyalty is a fluid concept. This goes for mates as well as lovers. If their social circle is updated weekly and confusing as hell, run. If they were checking you out while still with the previous doofus then you're looking into a crystal ball. They abhor personal responsibility. They will always look for another to lay the blame at. As the boyfriend that will fall to you. They're way too quick to accelerate the emotional attachment. If they're saying I love you unbidden within the first month, check out cargo flights to Zambezi as an escape route.

There are other pointers, but if you have ticked a few boxes from above then caveat emptor folks.

Many moons ago in the Ladies Lounge I outlined a few bullet points on gobshíte blokes and signs on how to avoid same, so figured I'd return the favour. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

omg i luv dat marlyn quote she is mi lyf lol

luv dis 1 too so tru!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150930418385373&set=a.184042980372.136339.182713690372&type=1&theater

xxxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Where's that post on gobshite blokes, Wibbs?

Feel somewhat obliged to check it out and ensure I don't ever tick any of those boxes :D

PS: Great post above. Fully agree.

Two of my early ventures into the waters of relationships were, in hindsight, with such "girls". Even though they weren't the Marilyn Monroe quoting type, their love for drama and other such things you mentioned became far too much, and rather quickly.

Put me off relationships for a long while, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Knex. wrote: »
    Where's that post on gob****e blokes, Wibbs?

Feel somewhat obliged to check it out and ensure I don't ever tick any of those boxes :D
    This :) Must find it and check it out myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I spent about 20 minutes yesterday trying to find it. The man himself will have to link it methinks.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D god knows how deep in the matrix it is. Must be five years ago. The general gist was avoid emotionally underdeveloped men. Both distant types and overly attached types. The distant type tends to be more appealing though and easier to get sucked into.
    Two of my early ventures into the waters of relationships were, in hindsight, with such "girls". Even though they weren't the Marilyn Monroe quoting type, their love for drama and other such things you mentioned became far too much, and rather quickly.

Put me off relationships for a long while, actually.
    Avoid relationships with that type and you'll be grand.

One thing I find interesting about the whole PUA subculture is they actually describe these self centered types to a tee. They actively preselect them. And IMHO yep the PUA tactics do work on the type, so they are pretty much spot on if you want that type of person.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I spent about 20 minutes yesterday trying to find it. The man himself will have to link it methinks.
    I think it's in the "bad dates" thread - somewhere.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055359451

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Could be this one.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: fcuk me that's some fine sleuthing goin on there MA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What can I say? I'm a sexpert.

That's short for search expert. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

What can I say? I'm a sexpert.

That's short for search expert. ;)
    *tips hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭galwayredgirl

Are they talking about gingers? :pac:

What's wrong with Gingers?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No soul apparently, although that's something I like in a woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The guy never said it was normal. Why must these threads always attract people looking for conflict?

SWM seeking conflict with attractive female, GSOH, N/S

Nothing, I am one. Well, electric copper really :pac:

Anyway, was just making light of the posters' "genetic impurities" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I would have 3 key criteria and 1 additional one which is an advantage as opposed to a deal breaker.

1. Cute: You can big up personality all you want but attractiveness draws you in on first look and keeps you interested. Even in the midst of the most heated arguments one look can bring you back to why you are together in the first place.

2. Intelligent: Being able to have an engaging conversation on subjects outside the run of the mill. Leave the gossip to the tabloids.

3. Ambitious: A woman with a definite career plan and the confidence and intelligence to realise it.

The fourth not so important quality would be a stylish woman. Someone who takes pride in their appearance at all times.

All that being said I'm around long enough to know that these are merely hopefuls. A woman can come along with none of these qualities and blow all preconceived notions out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

To find a woman with no psychopath tenancies or baggage(And I don't mean physical weight)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

old hippy wrote: »
    SWM seeking conflict with attractive female, GSOH, N/S

What are you on about?

What are you on about?
    Single White Man seeking conflict with attractive female, Good Sense of Humour, Non-Smoking
    Idleast thats what I got from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Beautiful
    Intelligent
    Sexy
    Fun
    Sense of Humour
    Stylish
    Caring
    Kind
    Patient
    Shares similar interests and broadly similar morals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 gold_bricker

im not at a level where i would be entitled to the ideal woman , i have a girlfriend who i love and who loves me so im a happy camper , their are things about her im not a fan of but life isnt a fairytale and most people eventually have to settle in some shape or form

im not at a level where i would be entitled to the ideal woman , i have a girlfriend who i love and who loves me so im a happy camper , their are things about her im not a fan of but life isnt a fairytale and most people eventually have to settle in some shape or form

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but this post makes me a little sad :(

Why are you not entitled to your ideal woman, and why do people have to "settle"?

Obviously you need realism, so perhaps I'm taking it too literally, but I could never see myself staying in a relationship just because I feel its the done thing, or that I'm obliged to.

I've been down this road and I'm only 27.
    You cant change a person and its selfish to hope someone can change.
    Worst thing you can do is stay in the relationship and break up four years down the line hating the site of each other.
    I left it five years, biggest regret I ever have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but this post makes me a little sad :(

Why are you not entitled to your ideal woman, and why do people have to "settle"?

Obviously you need realism, so perhaps I'm taking it too literally, but I could never see myself staying in a relationship just because I feel its the done thing, or that I'm obliged to.

Well, to be honest most people if not all are settling, if you compare reality to idealism. If you lived in a town or band of 100 people like people have for tens of thousands of years then you would have a limited scope and yet people still bred.

As they are breeding now though apparently we got way more choice.

For all our wide choice of partner, Infinite choice is no choice.

My ideal woman would be, if I am being flippant, is one who doesn't annoy me. And before someone says I'm being mysogynistjc, people in general annoy me. :)

Good looking, physically fit/athletic, intelligent and kind.

Unless you are very attractive or have low standards then you settle. It's a sad reality of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Unless you are very attractive or have low standards then you settle. It's a sad reality of life.

No...you accept all are human and grow enough to accommodate.

There is a difference between the right woman and a perfect or ideal woman.

You want a woman you are utterly in love with. She will not be perfect. The woman you fall madly in love with may not tick all your boxes. And the women who has all the ticks might not make your pulse race.

Infact the people who settle are usually the ones who get their list but not the passion. But in their heads they think actually I am not going to get any better than her she is perfect on paper etc.

You can fall very hard for someone who you would have expected to fall for.

• Advertisement

Yes, so in other words you settle.

Advertisement