Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal woman

Options
  • 16-06-2014 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

Probably been done 100 times but sure there's nothing like a fresh perspective. :) What do the lads of boards consider an ideal woman?

I'll start off.

• Similar sense of humour. I curse a lot and make stupid jokes, so it would be great to have someone similar. I'm also fairly sarcastic, sarcasm is fecking hilarious to me.
    • Not into the usual cliches such as Marylin monroe quotes, disney expectations of what a relationship should be or having a list and comparing you to it. ( I actually went on a date with a girl who told me she had a list and was making mental notes of the right boxes I am ticking :D). A "keeping up appearances" type is a definite no-no.
    • Easy going, happy with staying in with a movie as with doing a bit of travelling.
    I really find it hard to describe these things as I think any girl has a certain quality that I find attractive. As long as the above is down, I think looks are secondary to having a great woman in your life. I suppose I should mention I wouldn't be fond of going out with someone that had a kid/kids as I've been there and done that. I have been out with some absolute psychos too who I have given the benefit of the doubt to despite having been cheated on, even physically assaulted. So somebody a bit more grounded and down to earth would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Bullet point list of ideal woman traits where one of the bullet points says woman ticking boxes is a no-no! :D

My ideal woman is someone who I want to spend all my time with and we have enough shared interests to that doesn't end up being too big a compromise. Obviously there needs to be an attraction there and a similar outlook on life but I also expect even the love of my life to do **** that annoys me or makes me cringe and vice versa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Bullet point list of ideal woman traits where one of the bullet points says woman ticking boxes is a !

Good point. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A high libido and adventurous spirit.
    Similar taste in music, movies and food.
    Kindness (often over-looked in these kinds of lists).
    Closely aligned views on parenthood (or lack thereof).
    Not being too into appearances. Sure, it's great to dress nice for an but regular trips to a beauticians to get nails/tan etc. would indicate a vanity that wouldn't be for me.
    The general ability to say "**** it" - whether in relation to letting other people's dramas remain their own, changing plans or tackling a tricky black run the pistes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ideal girl really for me would be
    • pretty
    • funny
    • nice
    • connection (gay I know, but if its not there its not there)
    Like the three girls ive been into in my life werent the same at all but they all had these characteristics.
    I was actually talking to one of the lads who said I had crazy standards, cause I didnt want to go out with a girl who wanted to sleep with me and that it wasnt normal, I dont get this like if I wanted a girlfriend Id have to feel a connection to her

Honesty and trust. Can look after themselves. That's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I used to have mental lists. Not in a "check...check...pass" kind of way, but things that I knew either sparked or quashed my interest. Most of which were borne out of previous relationships and things that I knew from experience would lead to issues. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with it, as long as it's not ridiculously shallow non-negotiables like "must drive a good car", "must make X amount of money".

Ultimately when you meet the right person though, that tendency to intellectualize sort of fades IME. I dated a lot before I met my fella, and I came to the table with a bunch of ideas of things that I resolutely would NOT put up with again - things I considered "warning signs" etc - then I met himself and all those beliefs sort of fell away. All I knew was I met someone who I had no choice in making time for in my life, which was pretty chaotic, busy and all-over-the-place at that point, and that was something I hadn't felt with all the other guys. Other guys I could leave or take. This one was different. This one I felt for in a place other than my head from the get-go.

On the face of it, the core things were there - honesty, respect, intelligence, humour, a love for family and career. I also thought he was a giant ride from the first second, which admittedly is always a significant factor ;) But I find when you meet someone that instantly makes you feel "yup", all the bullet points become inconsequential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Someone with a pulse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sleepy wrote: »
    A high libido and adventurous spirit.
    Similar taste in music, movies and food.
    Kindness (often over-looked in these kinds of lists).
    Closely aligned views on parenthood (or lack thereof).
    Not being too into appearances. Sure, it's great to dress nice for an but regular trips to a beauticians to get nails/tan etc. would indicate a vanity that wouldn't be for me.
    The general ability to say "**** it" - whether in relation to letting other people's dramas remain their own, changing plans or tackling a tricky black run the pistes.

Found her and she was under my noise all the time :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Dumb nymphomanic who is the only child of a publican ticks the boxes for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Someone with a pulse

Your standards are too high.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kindness.
    Not self centred.
    Thin.
    Easygoing and not entirely driven by emotionals. If I want drama I have the flics, the theatre and the telly.
    Intelligent.
    Loyal.
    Plus 1000 on no way to that Marilyn Monroe quote.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Sense of Humour
    Sense of Fun
    Sarcastic
    Has their own ideas/mind about them
    happy enough to stay in with a box-set/netflix binge as well as travelling
    Happy enough to stay high class 5* but also be in a tent the next

Willing to roll their eyes in a dramatic way at anyone if they quote marilyn monroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Has to be able to cook and clean, strong, good physique, no diseases or genetic impurities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

jugger0 wrote: »
    genetic impurities.

Such as?

How would you know without doing extensive medical tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Such as?

How would you know without doing extensive medical tests?

Are they talking about gingers? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Intelligent
    Kind
    Witty
    Well-read
    Athletic
    Chilled out
    Good cook
    Non-Caucasian

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Intelligent
    Kind
    Witty
    Well-read
    Athletic
    Chilled out
    Good cook
    Non-Caucasian

Does she need to be racist as well, or is that just you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sauve wrote: »

I'm not a racist, I just have a preference for non-Caucasians.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

A lady poster said in another forum ( one that you moderate no doubt) that she prefers Latin men, is she racist?

A lady poster said in another forum ( one that you moderate no doubt) that she prefers Latin men, is she racist?

Not at all, a preference is a preference. Ruling out an entire race just because they're of that race just seems a tad much to me.

• Advertisement

Not at all, a preference is a preference. Ruling out an entire race just because they're of that race just seems a tad much to me.

Who's ruling a whole race out? A conecptual ideal partner is essentially a collection of preferences.

H. H. Asquith

What a confusing post.

Who's ruling a whole race out? A conecptual ideal partner is essentially a collection of preferences.

'Non-Caucasian' is ruling out an entire race in which to find your ideal partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

My ideal woman would be:

Honest / Trustworthy
    Kind / Thoughtful
    Pretty
    Intelligent
    Witty
    Easygoing
    Positive Attitude
    Affectionate

I know I'm asking a lot but fortunately, somehow, I'm already living with her!

What a confusing post.

What's confusing about it?

'Non-Caucasian' is ruling out an entire race in which to find your ideal partner.

So I'm not allowed to have preferences then?

Not that it's any of your business but I've dated Caucasian women in the past. I just find non-Caucasians more attractive.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I have a preference for caucasian men, does that make me racists?

Nope, it's just my preference which I'm entirely entitled to have.

So I'm not allowed to have preferences then?

There's a difference between having a preference, and completely discounting an entire race. I don't think you're getting my point :/

blacklilly wrote: »
    I have a preference for caucasian men, does that make me racists?

Nope, it's just my preference which I'm entirely entitled to have.

I suppose it could be taken both ways really. I took it to mean that he was ruling out all Caucasians rather than simply having a preference.

If I took you up wrong ancapailldorcha then I'll hold my hands up and apologise.

• Advertisement

There's a difference between having a preference, and completely discounting an entire race. I don't think you're getting my point :/

You've not really expressed a point, you've just labelled me a racist for having a preference for dating members of certain ethnic groups.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement