Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSM Draft League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,971 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Bayern have gone again, but not to worry it is understandable and Blobby did us a favour by buying the drafted players, the game will automatically fill the squad now.

I am worried about getting the players i need, confident i will get a few young lads I am after,

But you just can't be sure the way some lads throw the money around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bayern have gone again, but not to worry it is understandable and Blobby did us a favour by buying the drafted players, the game will automatically fill the squad now.

I am worried about getting the players i need, confident i will get a few young lads I am after,

But you just can't be sure the way some lads throw the money around!

Yep! I had thrown a bit around at the start and then changed to lower. I'd rather 2 x rising 88/89s than an older 90/91. No point blowing 30m on them. That'd be 1/5th of my budget!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

most of my bids have been pretty tame, i don't think ill be getting my main targets but im happy with my first team so not too bothered.

Seaneh wrote: »
    most of my bids have been pretty tame, i don't think ill be getting my main targets but im happy with my first team so not too bothered.

I've gone a bit higher on the two left backs I've bid on as i badly need one,

Just a case of hoping i can be on around the accepting stage to cancel some of the deals that i might not want going through!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm pretty much the same really. Out of the numerous bis that I put out, I think only two of them are on players that already had bids on them!

• Advertisement

Im going for the obvious young prospects as rotation players but might have to set my sights lower by this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I've 50-100 bids on too but all it takes it 1 manager to outbid me on each of the offers and I get no-one ...

not that far a stretch with 15 of us bidding on player

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I've 50-100 bids on too but all it takes it 1 manager to outbid me on each of the offers and I get no-one ...

not that far a stretch with 15 of us bidding on player

It's hard to judge too. It's a fine balance between going high enough to get the player and going too high and wasting money!

Jesus game, just accept the bids and put us out of our miseries!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've plenty of time to look anyway while I'm on the plane from Argentina to Germany!! :D:D

• Advertisement

I think it won't be until the early hours?

if it is tonight, it will be around 00:30-00:45 ;)

I thought it's about 24hrs?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I thought it's about 24hrs?

Normally slightly after

So how will it be midnight tonight then?

sorry, thought you were referring to 00:00 with the '24hr'

I'm lost :D

Dear SM,

In relation to the 500m + worth of bids I've placed ...

resized_papoy-meme-generator-you-must-accept-it-i-wanna-shout-this-249f88.jpg

Regards
    Mark SBR Wilmots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nice. While I lost out on Indi Martin and Asamoah, I got Sneidjer for 15m unopposed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ah lads some of the bids on those players are nuts. There's a few people bidding in and around cost price like me and then there's people bidding triple the value of the player. So far I have won no bidding wars :(

• Advertisement

Ok, from an initial scan though the 50+ msgs (while on the phone)...

It looks like I'm the sole bidder the following and therefor can announce that

Kevin Mirales(90), Dries Mertens(90), Thomas Meunier(86) are joining the Belgian Revolution @ AC Milan,
    with Dutchman Jordie Classy(89), Brazilian Alex Sandro(89)and Englishman Chris Smalling(89) also joining.

De.fecking.lighted!!

PS: Now, if Man Utd want to withdraw their bid on Benteke, it wouldn't be frowned upon :p

Kevin Mirales(90), Dries Mertens(90), Thomas Meunier(86) are joining the Belgian Revolution @ AC Milan,
    with Dutchman Jordie Classy(89), Brazilian Alex Sandro(89)and Englishman Chris Smalling(89) also joining.

De.fecking.lighted!!

PS: Now, if Man Utd want to withdraw their bid on Benteke, it wouldn't be frowned upon :p

Great signings, fair play!

De.fecking.lighted!!

Loic Remy ... unopposed!!!! :eek: ...... :cool:

PS: It's ok Man Utd ... you can have Benteke ;)

Loic Remy ... unopposed!!!! :eek: ...... :cool:

Nice :D

Ok looks like I got the following, mostly unopposed:

Wiedenfeller (91)
    Negredo (91)
    Gaitan (90)
    Skrtel (90)
    Menez (90)
    Giovinco (90)
    Valencia (91)
    Kolarov (90)
    Ibe (78)

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok looks like I got the following, mostly unopposed:

Wiedenfeller (91)
    Negredo (91)
    Gaitan (90)
    Skrtel (90)
    Menez (90)
    Giovinco (90)
    Valencia (91)
    Kolarov (90)
    Ibe (78)

Tasty!

Tasty!

Some auld fellas but some fellas who will keep their rating for another few real life years anyway. I feel Ibe could get a go with the Liverpool first team or a loan to a Premiership club this year so his rating could rocket

EDIT: Up to 20 players in my squad now with a small chance that some people might cancel their deal for other players I bid on to prioritise other targets and I'll get those too. With the 20 players anyway I will still have just under 100m to spend so I'm in a fairly decent position i think :)

Victor Moses for 3.7m :cool:

Add Granit Xhaka to my list of players :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Colemania wrote: »
    Ah lads some of the bids on those players are nuts. There's a few people bidding in and around cost price like me and then there's people bidding triple the value of the player. So far I have won no bidding wars :(

I bid triple value on Kagawa (and won). I really wanted him, both as a massive fan, and as someone needing a player to replace Januzaj till he is ready.

Also seem to have picked up Janko, Lingard, Powell and Lawrence. Hoping LVG gives hem runs this season. naingolan heading my way too for 9m.

Advertisement