Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Harsh :(
    For no reason whatsoever:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

A question was asked in the pub last night albeit a strange one but nobody had the answer,he asked what would happen it all the teams in the group drew,how would they sort out who goes through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I did not see that coming!!

Spare a thought for those poor Spanish fans who decided to save their holidays by skipping the group stages and are flying out to Brazil next week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I did not see that coming!!

Spare a thought for those poor Spanish fans who decided to save their holidays by skipping the group stages and are flying out to Brazil next week

Ah, the poor lads!

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

snipey wrote: »
    A question was asked in the pub last night albeit a strange one but nobody had the answer,he asked what would happen it all the teams in the group drew,how would they sort out who goes through.

Firstly it would go on goals scored but assuming all that was equal afaik they draw lots for the next round.

Really looking forward to Engerland Uruguay tonight. Whoever loses is out:eek:

• Advertisement

Firstly it would go on goals scored but assuming all that was equal afaik they draw lots for the next round.

Really looking forward to Engerland Uruguay tonight. Whoever loses is out:eek:
    Huge game - can't wait either!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Should be a belter, two top-heavy teams. I expect it to be a feisty affair.

Should be a belter, two top-heavy teams. I expect it to be a feisty affair.
    I think England will win based on Uruguay being pathetic in the first game.

Suarez isn't 100% fit, they seem dodgy at the back and their midfield wasn't exactly solid either, the only reason I see England losing this is via a mistake or a sub par performance.....

cue 8-0 win for Uruguay :pac:

Dunno if Suarez will help any. Their problem was creating chances rather than the conversion of them. Hoping to see Rooney in the middle even if just the shut the pundits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think England will win based on Uruguay being pathetic in the first game.

Suarez isn't 100% fit, they seem dodgy at the back and their midfield wasn't exactly solid either, the only reason I see England losing this is via a mistake or a sub par performance.....

cue 8-0 win for Uruguay :pac:
    Uruguay always start tournaments poorly. I think I heard today they haven't won their opening game in the world cup since 1970.

• Advertisement

Dunno if Suarez will help any. Their problem was creating chances rather than the conversion of them. Hoping to see Rooney in the middle even if just the shut the pundits up.

Suarez on form can create something from nothing is the thing - again though, if he's not 100% then they're in trouble
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Uruguay always start tournaments poorly. I think I heard today they haven't won their opening game in the world cup since 1970.

True, I still think their team is somewhat overrated from the last WC - rightly so in a way based on how good they were in South Africa, but their midfield and defence just doesn't have what it takes this time round I think.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

That would hold some water if they generally did well in the World Cup but other than the last one they are usually knocked out early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Suarez to score 4 here :)

Not really going to plan is it!! Uruguay deserve to be winning although their defender should have gotten a red

Its actually a game i thought could be brilliant, 2 teams that needed to win but its been cat.
    England to nick a draw, or the win if they can get an early goal.

Well I got that wrong, thought England deserved more but they weren't as clinical as Uruguay who defended really well - they were very physical I thought.

Delighted for Suarez, what a player

Yeah agreed. I didn't think he could have improved Uruguay by so much. Gutted for England

What a great World Cup!! Never saw Costa Rica qualifying :)

Safe to say a South American team will win it then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Harsh :(

Extremely Harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Disappointed for the US, they deserved to win last night. It's hard to understand how they can run so hard all evening and then switch off like that in the 95th minute.

Super pass from Ronaldo though. It has been a very exciting group.

hahahahaha you couldn't make it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He is some cream cracker.

IMO thats his way of trying to force Liverpools hand into selling him.

First get all shirty about the English press then bite someone, again.

I'm beginning to think he has some mental issues

I like him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm beginning to think he has some mental issues

Absolutely. The fear he has of failing must be the most self eating, black ball, soul destroying thing imaginable.

Knex. wrote: »
    Absolutely. The fear he has of failing must be the most self eating, black ball, soul destroying thing imaginable.

:eek: :pac: :D

Gervihno is an awful player

• Advertisement

Jap v Columbia is a decent game actually.

Advertisement