Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in February 2015!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Congrats Mrs. Postman. Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Congratulations Mrs Postman! This is all so exciting can't believe I've only 3 weeks left and other Feb babies are arriving!
    Good luck to all!
    😁 🙏 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

Well 2 days over. Hospital appointment today and decided to have the sweep in the end. I will be induced on the 18th, if I don't go before then 😩😩😩

• Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

missyb01 wrote: »
    Well 2 days over. Hospital appointment today and decided to have the sweep in the end. I will be induced on the 18th, if I don't go before then 😩😩😩

Interested to see how you get on with the sweep, I'm still considering it for next week!

The sweep is totally bearable and lasts about 20 seconds. It is a bit more invasive than a smear. I was against it originally but as I've gone over I was getting a bit desperate.

• Advertisement

Little one born on Valentine's day weighing in at 8lbs 10oz. Didn't have time for the epidural!!!!!!! Some tiny complications but nothing major. Best of luck to rest of the February moms to be xx can't believe she has been asleep for 5 hours already and yet I'm wide awake

missyb01 wrote: »
    Little one born on Valentine's day weighing in at 8lbs 10oz. Didn't have time for the epidural!!!!!!! Some tiny complications but nothing major. Best of luck to rest of the February moms to be xx can't believe she has been asleep for 5 hours already and yet I'm wide awake

Congrats missy. Hope you're doing ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rebel_rebel

First time posting but followed this thread during our pregnancy. Proud first time dad Here. My daughter arrived 2 weeks early on Thursday 12.02 at a healthy 8lb 1oz. Birth went great and mam done great job. Complications with after birth so mam was carted off to surgery an hour after delivery which was distressing. She lost nearly 2l of blood but thanks to excellent staff at holles st they saved her life and nursed her back to health. Was scary time but thank God mother and baby doing great. Arrived home this morning and we can not stop staring at our beautiful daughter. To all the expectant first time Dads out there its a an amazing day that you will never forget and the best day of your life

I'm home today. Didn't see the point of staying in the hospital any longer. Better off in our own home and more peace & quiet. Baby has taken a few hours to adjust to her new surroundings and if I'm honest, and I don't know why, since i got home I feel like I'm struggling to breastfeed whereas in the hospital I felt confident at how I was progressing. Maybe it's anxiety on my part. I also noticed that the girls on the ward who were bottle feeding got a lot more attention and guidance and a lady came down and must have spent 30 mins with each lady going through everything with them and I actually sat and listened whereas nobody came near the girls breastfeeding. Just an observation!!

Hope everyone is doing well in the final stages x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

That's crazy missy. Did any of the midwives offer any guidance or ask you if you would like someone to come and give you advice? I was in limerick and thankfully the midwives were very helpful with the breastfeeding and the day I was discharged, the parentcraft lady came down and went through formula feeding with the bottle feeders and then came along and gave one on one advice to the breastfeeders.

I had the same anxiety the first few days at home even though the baby seemed to be feeding well. It is harder to gauge exactly how much the baby is feeding as opposed to ff. I didn't relax until the phn called out on day 3 after coming home and reassured me that the little one is thriving.

• Advertisement

Seriously nobody came near me or even checked if I was doing it right. The phn came out the day after I came home and spent 3 hours with me and that was absolutely invaluable to me. Unfortunately the baby has a bad case of jaundice so the phn was out to me again yesterday and I was back in the rotunda today for blood tests and the phn will be back out to me tomorrow. Of course with jaundice you have to try flush it out with fluids and I was advised to bf and then top up with formula. I found myself getting upset and tense because I knew I had to get as much fluids in to her as possible and I just felt enormous pressure which affected my bf - I wasn't relaxed so baby wasn't relaxed. I'm now expressing my milk jus til the jaundice is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I had my baby boy on Monday in a Midwife Led Unit in the UK - it was an amazing experience. I have to say that the NHS are really on the ball and I cannot praise the midwives highly enough, both for a really positive birthing experience and for fantastic support and encouragement with breastfeeding in the days after.

Hi all. I had my baby girl on Friday morning. Home since Saturday. I'm breastfeeding so it's busy enough. Things went really well the first night, baby only woke twice for feeds, but the last two nights have been tough going.
    She's so good during the day, sleeps really well but the last two nights she's gotten herself really worked up and have ended up awake most of the night!
    How's everyone else getting on?

Congratulations coops loop on your new arrival.

My little one is over her jaundice and is now feeding every 2 to 3 hours. Sleeps fantastic during the day but comes alive at night time until maybe 2.30am.

Everybody warns you about exhaustion, not having a minute to yourself etc. etc. but I don't know whether it is because of the cold weather and cabin fever setting in but life with a newborn is like Groundhog Day. Having said that I wouldn't change a thing ;) I just naively thought that I would be out for walks everyday, have time to do some cleaning and washing, cook a nice dinner for us...........the reality is I cherish my time alone when I'm in the toilet :).

Hope everybody is well xx

Know what you mean about the exhaustion missy, was up all night again last night. Didn't think I'd be able to function on this little sleep!!
    We got out on our first walk today, felt great to get out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Hi All,

I had my baby boy in the Coombe on March 9th. Ended up having emergency C section but it was fine. He was a healthy 8lbs 13oz so maybe it was good thing!!!. Have to say from start to finish found all the staff bar none fantastic in the Coombe, they were helpful, patient, knowledgeable and attentive. Delighted with the service they provided and those midwives, legends they're so busy all the time. I was able to get early transfer home after 3 days as I was doing really well. The midwife has been out twice and that too has been great. I'm breastfeeding too and finding it good and bad, boobs are killing me and had a few tough days but hopefully we'll get the hang of it. Not giving up anyway!

Yes the tiredness is phenomenal but so are the emotions, I've had a few crying days which is not like me so that's been weird but apparently it's all normal so I've cried my eyes out and felt better afterwards.

Today is all of our first Mother's Day so Happy Mothers Day to you all, the first of many for some of us.
    😉

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My little fella arrived just in the nick of time for Feb at 23:09 on the 28th - two weeks over my due date.

He really didn't want to come even with induction, he backed away from the midwife's hand when she tried to put a foetal heart monitor on him! Ended up with emergency section which was a bit traumatic as my epidural had worn off, they gave me a top up which didn't work. They thought for physiological reasons, but it turned out the line had become detached, which they only discovered when they were trying to give me a spinal anaesthetic. This did also not got well. They kept hitting bone and all the time I was being wracked with horribly painful contractions, that actually made me vomit from the pain. Eventually they gave up using my back as a pin cushion and decided to give me a general anaesthetic instead. My husband told me afterwards that I was in the OR for about 40 mins before they came out and told him I was going to be put under and he couldn't come in. It didn't seem that long to me, but then at that stage I was just glad to get the pain to stop.

Came around in the recovery room at 12:30 to discover I had a beautiful baby boy. Was able to go home 3 days later on the Tuesday, which I was so glad for, I was too hot and couldn't sleep properly on the ward and it was driving me crazy to sit on a bed all day.

Would highly praise all the midwives and OB's that I dealt with in Holles St, but really not happy with the work of the anaesthesiologists. The whole thing has put me off the idea of any more children at the moment, though before I had been thinking we might have two. We'll see how I feel in a year or so.

Advertisement