Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in February 2015!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I'm only 7 weeks, and I heard that morning sickness peaks between weeks 6-12. So plenty of time yet for it to come on! But I've heard morning sickness is from all the pregnancy hormones and getting it bad is actually linked to a healthier baby at the end of it all! So having no nausea at all sort of worries me... Sure we're probably all looking for things to worry about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm feeling a bit sicker lately too. and alot of foods turn my stomach - like ham.
    Anybody have tight pants syndrome? i do. i look fat - not saying i was skinny to begin with but i cant seem to hide this bulge of fat..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 29Chicky

Hi all looks like I'm joining too:)
    Bit shocked at first but pure delighted now that I've my head around it.
    Was also part or the july 2012 thread and like the girls said it was a godsend and still is!!

Was with nurse today and reckon I might be around 7or8 weeks . Been feeling fairly good ....tired nauseous, sore boobs, and a bit emotional but they're all good signs I guess.
    Congrats to all on here:) Hope ye are all doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarahmk1982

Feeling amazing today after a week of nausea and just sleeping constantly ! Even drove home mid working day and back to have a nap !

Hopefully this is the end of it ! Its great to feel 'normal' again LOL

9 weeks Monday :)

Hope you are all well!

Welcome Chicky and congrats - delighted to be going through this journey with you and Kash again!

Sarah, did your employers let you go home for a nap? Sounds devine!
    I am officially wearing my lycra type bras now - the comfort - omg. Got them in heatons - they have padding etc, and really comfortable...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I was in the February 2014 group and looks like I'm back for the February 2015 group!! Found out that I'm pregnant again a few weeks ago and was totally shocked as my little boy is only 5 months old and we were using condoms with military precision :eek: Was delighted once we got our heads around it though, it took us over 2 years of trying and obsessive charting etc to conceive number 1 and now number 2 is coming against all contraceptive barriers :D Had my scan today and got my due date of Feb 5th which will be 2 days before my little boys first birthday..... Interesting times ahead!

I had some complications with eclapmsia the last time but was lucky to find pregnancy enjoyable otherwise. I'm a bit tireder this time around (no wonder) but they're going to monitor me closely so hopefully it'll be plain sailing :) I was afraid that the midwives might give out to me for being pregnant again so soon but they didn't bat an eyelid, they just said "ah you'll be grand sure they'll rear each other. And it'll all be fresh in your memory!" and sent me on my merry way.

Congrats to all ye other ladies!

wow congrats Mrspostman! Irish Twins! it will be fantastic having 2 so close - they will be best buds sure and like the midwives said - they'll rear eachother!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

hey girls. I had hoped to be joining yee. had my 1st In october 2013 and at the mo have an edd of 13feb 2015. However last night I noticed blood :( it wasnt free flowing but when I wiped it was there and then I could find more. this morning there was nothing but when I got to work a bit of mucus n brown blood. im terrified. im lucky as I have an early scan this afternoon as I had mc before. please keep fingers crossed for me

Best of luck Mares88 - i hope the scan goes well. Fingers crossed for you Xx

Hope all went ok at scan today mares88 .fingers crossed xx

• Advertisement

Cobgrats mrspostman:) they will be great company for each other! !

Anyone else feeling the aches and pains in their tummy area already? Not painful but you Would be aware of them?
    Bit nervous as I have three work functions that I can't back out of this wknd . Have myself convinced that the mini pains/aches are telling me to slow down.

hey girls! all ok. little heart beat good & strong! will have 2under 16 months! let the mayhem commence!

Mares88 wrote: »
    hey girls! all ok. little heart beat good & strong! will have 2under 16 months! let the mayhem commence!

Great news:)

Mares88 wrote: »

Great news:)

That's great to hear mares :D

How are ye all feeling???
    I have finally told all my family. Telling my brother was fairly hard as him and his wife have tried unsucessfully to concieve with about 10 years - and its heart breaking for them to have so many friends and family having children.

I'm feeling fine these days - i still dont feel very pregnant - except for the expanding belly. i'm still in the "is she after putting on a few pounds?" phase. Hard to hide the bump at work.

We haven't told anyone yet other than my OHs parents (we need them to babysit for hospital appointments etc so had to tell them) I'm due to be a bridesmaid for a wedding in september and I'm hoping to be able to conceal it til then. I'm still losing weight after having my little boy so I'm praying it will work in my favour :D To be honest, I hate telling people as I LOATHE being fussed over and asked how I am all the time! I hear you about your brother, I have a family member who has been trying for a few years now and I'm dreading telling them this time around. I was that soldier myself so I know how it feels when everyone is getting pregnant around you :(

Symptoms-wise I still have the nausea on and off along with food aversion. I've also been getting sudden bouts of tiredness, I could be fine for a week and then all of a sudden I'll have 2 days of complete exhaustion. Cannot wait for the second trimester boost :pac: I'm here now trying to make up a cleaning rota, I have a back problem that really flares up during pregnancy so I need to try and keep on top of things little by little or else I'll end up swamped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I really feel for you having to tell your brother and SIL, but i'm sure they will adore your new arrival. I've told both sets of parents now, as I had to explain to my Mum why I was running to the loo every few minutes in A&E (i was there with my DD who is fine now) and of course, couldn't tell one without the rest.

Have lost nearly a stone since I got pregnant (why I couldn't do that BEFORE, i'll never know ;) )

I get the occasional cramp, but i think it's just my expanding uterus - there's been no other signs of anything wrong. Still, I don't think I'll relax into the pregnancy until my scan - 3 weeks away!

Im also trying to hide mine until sept if I can until 18-19 weeks! Im only back to work a month after baby number one! Eek!

• Advertisement

I told a group of friends that I only see a few times a year this weekend, very nervous about telling people in the first trimester but won't see them again till Christmas!
    Have a work night out tonight, and quite worried how I'll discreetly avoid drinking when they all know how much I love wine! But really want to keep it a secret at work as long as possible!

i'm dreading telling work too - they havent had a pregnant person here in a long time and i'm only here a little over a year. I just dont want the "are you ok - how are you feeling?" etc crap that i know i will get.

Got scan date this morning for 08/08 can't wait:)

Have a stone on :( all on my belly too. Too tired at the minute for exercise. Looking forward to the 12wks stage where hopefully the tiredness will wear off.

29Chicky wrote: »
    Looking forward to the 12wks stage where hopefully the tiredness will wear off.

We're nearly there!

My scan is 06/08 - yay!

Mine is on 19th August, should be a bit earlier, but I'll be on holidays!
    A few queries about why I wan't drinking last night, but they didn't push too hard! As long as the management don't find out! There are plenty of pregnant women where I work, and They are quite resentful of the inconvenience...

I will need to tell my boss soon because one of the girls here takes one big holiday a yr and I cover her work which is a very demanding position - no one else here can do it so one of us always has to be here - she is talking about booking her hols for May next yr, so i would like to give my boss plenty of notice to start looking for someone to come in to learn both our jobs. - although i wouldnt be surprised if they asked her to delay her holiday until i get back - maybe i will wait until she books it....not sure if baby brain could take covering 2 positions not long after returning.

Could you talk to her privately about it, so you can figure it out together, without having to officially tell work? Or are you ready to let it out of the bag?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Hi All,

Glad most people are doing good. Im tired and nautious mostly in the evening. We have told our families and a few friends, cant believe though its 9 weeks already! All very excited. Got through the hen pretty easily actually even when bought shots, just pretended to drink it and quickly poured it into another glass, magician like moves!
    Got a date for first scan next week! I couldn't believe it was so early, only sent off the form the week before! Im going public in the Coombe, was trying to decide which hospital and public or private but most seem to advise public so going with that.
    I take eltroxyin as I had my Thyroid removed and it has been no trouble, got blood test done last week at the GP's and bloods were all good so delighted, there was lots of talk earlier from consultants etc that it could cause a problem but as of yet it hasn't affected anything, fingers crossed it keeps going like that.
    Fitting into clothes and being comfortable seems to be my biggest problem, I have put on loads of weight especiallly around my tummy really quickly, I have a sense of impending whale like form taking hold in the next few months!
    My friend did show me these clothes expander things she had that I must get my hands on, you use them in the button to stretch your trousers, they seem exactly what I need at the moment.

Have a nice day all.

Bomberino5 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Glad most people are doing good. Im tired and nautious mostly in the evening. We have told our families and a few friends, cant believe though its 9 weeks already! All very excited. Got through the hen pretty easily actually even when bought shots, just pretended to drink it and quickly poured it into another glass, magician like moves!
    Got a date for first scan next week! I couldn't believe it was so early, only sent off the form the week before! Im going public in the Coombe, was trying to decide which hospital and public or private but most seem to advise public so going with that.
    I take eltroxyin as I had my Thyroid removed and it has been no trouble, got blood test done last week at the GP's and bloods were all good so delighted, there was lots of talk earlier from consultants etc that it could cause a problem but as of yet it hasn't affected anything, fingers crossed it keeps going like that.
    Fitting into clothes and being comfortable seems to be my biggest problem, I have put on loads of weight especiallly around my tummy really quickly, I have a sense of impending whale like form taking hold in the next few months!
    My friend did show me these clothes expander things she had that I must get my hands on, you use them in the button to stretch your trousers, they seem exactly what I need at the moment.

Have a nice day all.

I have an underactive thyroid and take 150mcg of eltroxin a day. I was told at the start of my last pregnancy that I might have problems because of it (i think they said something about ts4 levels being related to progesterone levels :confused:) but ironically, my dose actually had to be reduced :) It went back up after I gave birth and seems to be giving no hassle so far this time thank god :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

Hi ladies, been reading this thread for a while and thought I'd finally join up for the February 2015 group. I'm nearly 11 weeks on my first pregnancy. Have my first appointment with the hospital next week...excited but very nervous, just hoping everything will be alright.
    Just wondering could any of you give me an indication as to how long this first appointment might take? We're going to the coombe and it's a morning appointment.

Advertisement