Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in February 2015!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

Foetal movements are getting really strong now - ow!
    Has anybody had any Braxton Hicks yet?

Haven't felt any Braxton hicks yet I don't think!! Foetal movement is much more noticeable now. Baby must have much less room now I often feel a foot pushing against the side of my bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've 4 weeks left and the BH are getting more intense and regular, a few nights recently I ended up timing them cos I thought things were stirring :eek: :D I've been fairly uncomfortable for the last few weeks, my last fella weighed 7lb1 when he was born at 38 weeks but this baby already feels way bigger and the poor thing has gone from kung-fuing around in there to only being able to headbutt my cervix and shift her bum around in my ribcage :o Even my OH commented the other day that my bump is bigger and more solid than the last time. Exciting that it could happen any day now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Hi All,

I am 32 weeks now, have had a great pregnancy but starting to feel massive and uncomfortable now, who knew putting on your shoes and socks could be such an ordeal!! The movement is definitely changing as it seems he has less space in there and you can feel different parts of the body as he shuffles for space. I get mad pains in my ribs these days and when sleeping I wake up to change sides as I get a pain in my ribs whichever side I sleep on.

I have been doing the parenting classes in the Coombe which I have found very informative and hope to try the birthing pool when the time comes.
    I also went and bought bits for my hospital bag and found the whole experience quite surreal, Was I really buying nappies etc and is this my life now!!!???? It was a mixture of pure pleasure and disbelief! But at the same time Im so excited to meet whoever is in there!!
    I have only a few weeks left in work too and at this stage its like just checking in cos I have little or no interest and seem to spend my time making lists of what I have to do and buy!

Anyways hope your all doing well. Can't believe this thread is nearly coming to fruition!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

Hope everybody is doing well considering. I've 4 weeks left and I am going home to back my hospital bag and put in the boot of the car. I don't know why but I feel I am going to go early. Was in the hospital yesterday and the scan showed the baby's head isdown and I feel it is trying to crawl out of the me as the movements have changed soo much in the last 2 weeks. I havent suffered with any back pain up to last week and its quite bad.

I've been wearing the same boots for the last month as they are the only ones I can get on and off without any hassle. It's amazing how solid the bump is. I have resorted to a type of sumo wrestler squat when I need to pick something up or load the washing machine.

P.S. I am absolutely sh***ing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi everyone - Glad to hear ye are all well....well as well as one can be being heavily pregnant!
    I am nearly 35 weeks and yes, fairly uncomfortable. Baby is measuring about 2.5 weeks ahead - I had been originally told that they would not be bringing me in early to enduce if baby continued to be big - but at my appointment yesterday, they are bringing me in in 3 weeks to assess the situation. as much as I don't want to be enduced - longer harder labour - I don't want a 14 lb baby either!

baby is moving loads, it hurts, there is always something sticking into my ribs these days and my bladder can only take a fecking glass of water before I am bursting!!!

I haven't even looked at packing a bag. I NEED to get this done soon. need to look at my old bottles and see if they need replacing - need to buy new teats if the bottles are fine. need to buy clothes for this poor misfortunate child - I have a good few neutral things already - but of course I would like something new for the hospital and going home anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 worldwind06

I only just joined this site but thought I'd add I'm booked in for my section on feb 26th this is my first and I can't wait to meet her

Welcome WorldWind - Congrats and best of luck with the section

How's everyone doing? I'm just over 35 weeks, was in hospital today for appointment and they're sending me for the glucose test tomorrow because the baby is measuring big. I'm hoping it comes back normal. Not sure whether gd would affect my birthing options, will have to ask if the test comes back positive I suppose.

Have my hospital bag packed apart from baby's things which I just need to wash this weekend.

That's a pain coop hopefully the tests will come back normal :( I'm being bold and not washing any of the clothes this time (except the ones I'm reusing from last time). I might change my mind and do them once the baba is born though :)

I'm 38+1 today and sooooo ready for this little one to be born! I was getting pains every 20 minutes the other night and I went to sleep all excited, hoping I'd be woken by stronger ones in the middle of the night but no such luck :( I know I probably asked this before but is anyone doing hypnobirthing?

That's a pain coop hopefully the tests will come back normal :( I'm being bold and not washing any of the clothes this time (except the ones I'm reusing from last time). I might change my mind and do them once the baba is born though :)

I'm 38+1 today and sooooo ready for this little one to be born! I was getting pains every 20 minutes the other night and I went to sleep all excited, hoping I'd be woken by stronger ones in the middle of the night but no such luck :( I know I probably asked this before but is anyone doing hypnobirthing?

Didn't do the hypnobirthing class but have the gentle birth CDs, haven't listened to them yet...must start this week.
    38weeks, you must be getting excited now, I'm very envious. Starting to get impatient now, just want to meet this tiny human (in my case not so tiny apparently!)

• Advertisement

I'm 37+ 3 today and like you mrspostman, pains have been coming on strong the last 7 days or so but never turn into anything. I have my 2 bags packed and ready to go. I start my maternity leave on friday and i can't wait for some rest before the baby arrives. I just have to buy my cot which i hope to get this weekend.

I have the gentle birth cd which i really must start listening to.

Baby is weighing in at approx 7lbs but it feels a lot bigger than that :)

I've been listening to my cds religiously for the last few months, I find them great for putting me off to sleep at night :pac: I still have all my stuff from my little fella so haven't had to buy much except bottles and clothes thank god but I did pick up a fab fisher price infant to toddler rocker on adverts today, got it for just €30 and it still has the tags on it and all :D I've been trying everything to encourage the little woman out between raspberry leaf tea, clary sage and evening primrose oil I must be keeping holland and barrett going :rolleyes: Went for a long walk earlier and will do a few circles on the ball before bed. It's funny, I felt the whole pregnancy flew up until a few weeks ago and now the days are just dragging by..... JUST COME OUT ALREADY!!

37 w here. Feeling loads of pressure and this active baby is hurting me!!
    I had the GTT about 2 weeks ago and it came back normal. Baby is big - they are saying bigger than the last one (9.3! eek) I am measuring about 2.5 weeks ahead - so will probably be scanned at my appointment next Wednesday. Finishing work next Friday - cant wait!!

Have bags packed - must just buy a set of pajamas for myself - I really am only packing for a 1/2 night stay...hope it isn't longer than that, I'd miss my little toddler too much if I was away any longer than that - already dreading leaving him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Just popping over from January thread. I did gentle birth hypno birthing and I had my little girl three weeks ago with zero pain relief. Went into hospital around half seven in the evening and she was born just after midnight. This is my second child and my first was epidural, failed induction, antibiotics, forceps and ventouse. This birth could not have been more different and I know gentle birth was the difference. I didn't even have pain relief after it and I was home by ouch the next day. Good luck to all you ladies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

fall wrote: »
    Just popping over from January thread. I did gentle birth hypno birthing and I had my little girl three weeks ago with zero pain relief. Went into hospital around half seven in the evening and she was born just after midnight. This is my second child and my first was epidural, failed induction, antibiotics, forceps and ventouse. This birth could not have been more different and I know gentle birth was the difference. I didn't even have pain relief after it and I was home by ouch the next day. Good luck to all you ladies :-)

Did you use the cds, or attend the workshops?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Both. the book that comes with the cd is very imformative and I think the course is particularly good for partners. I still use the affirmations now if I am having a tough night with the baby. It just helps you to tap in to your own strength and takes away the fear.

Today is my due date!! :D I'm still getting the pains, for the last few days they've been coming all through the day instead of just at night and I'm waddling like a duck so things are definitely heading in the right direction :) I'm hoping she makes an appearance soon, my blood pressure has been slightly elevated at my last few appointments so I have a feeling they might try and push for induction if the baby hasn't arrived by Thursday.

February is finally here! Hope everyone else is doing well x Did you get the results of your GTT coopdloop?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Can't wait for all the birth announcements! I expect I'll be at the other end of the month though. Two weeks left of work too. Tick tock tick tock!

GTT was normal thankfully mrs postman, if baby is still measuring ahead tomorrow I mite ask if there are any implications for birth, ie induction. I think I'd like to avoid an induction if possible. Finishing up work this Friday, looking forward to it now- it's getting harder to get up in the mornings. I've a few things I want to sort at home that I haven't had a chance to do yet so hopefully I can get them done when I finish up as well.
    Even though Ive been told my baby's head is right down I don't think I'm anywhere near to going yet I would expect to be getting more pressure and waddling so in trying to get out for a walk each day I've heard that helps.

Well 5 days away from my due date. Baby's head has been down for about 3 weeks now at this stage. At the hospital today and was told baby is in perfect position....whatever that is. I have been given an appointment for next week and if I haven't gone by then they will give me a sweep and a date to be induced. The doc I seen today doesn't have the best bed side manner. It's my 3rd time to see him and just comes across so disinterested or maybe he doesn't like doing the public clinic. I have spoken to a few people including my GP and 2 midwives and I'm certain that I don't want a sweep but the doc today didn't just didn't even ask me....just told me I would get a sweep. I know I'm a public patient but today was the quickest app ever. I'd say I was in there for literally 2 mins and then out the door. I think I'm a bit moany at this stage cos the excitement is starting to wilt away 😫😫😫

Hope everybody is doing well

• Advertisement

missyb01 wrote: »
    I have spoken to a few people including my GP and 2 midwives and I'm certain that I don't want a sweep but the doc today didn't just didn't even ask me....just told me I would get a sweep

You can absolutely decline a sweep if you don't want one, just be very firm and tell them before any internal exam that you don't want to be swept. There's nothing worse than getting an abrupt doctor with no bedside manner, I know they're usually rushed off their feet but it doesn't hurt to be nice.

I had my appointment today, I was right about them pushing for induction, they have me booked in for 8am tomorrow :eek: :D I was 2cm when they checked me so they gave me a sweep and I've been cramping since so hopefully I might go myself before the morning :) All the impatience of wanting the baby out for the last few weeks and now I'm a bag of nerves in anticipation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I was admitted again yesterday (37 weeks) and am being induced tonight! Fingers crossed everything runs smoothly from here.

Best of luck girls

Ah best of luck Kash, hope it all goes well for you and you'll have your little baby home by the end of the weekend :) Exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Sounds like you will too! Hurray for finally reaching the finish line :)

Kash wrote: »
    I was admitted again yesterday (37 weeks) and am being induced tonight! Fingers crossed everything runs smoothly from here.

Best of luck girls

Oh best of luck Kash. hope everything goes well, looking forward to hearing about the first arrival from the February group
    I was told on Tuesday(37+2) that I could get a sweep in two weeks at 39+2 to try get things moving cause I don't think they want me to go too far over- the baby was measuring between 41 and 42 weeks at that stage. Just wondering why ppl might not want a sweep- is it the discomfort of it or are there other cons to getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Not due until May but love hearing about all the little arrivals - good luck to all the Feb mammies!

Ooooh best of luck Kash & mrspostman. I am the same; everyday I want it to be the day I go in to labour but then panic when I get Braxton hicks.

I don't particularly want a sweep because I heard that it can cause the baby to become distressed and have a poo inside you. I might change my mind of I go 7 days over, I could be begging for one. Well I will have a better idea on Tuesday.

Had my sweep yesterday, had a show and irregular pains all evening so was hoping something would start but was raging when everything had calmed down again by bedtime. Went in for induction today and the minute I walked in the maternity door the pains started. No induction needed and baby was born by 6pm :D:D So much easier and less stressful than my first labour and absolutely besotted with my little woman :) Good luck to all the other February mamas and hope you did ok too Kash :)

Had my sweep yesterday, had a show and irregular pains all evening so was hoping something would start but was raging when everything had calmed down again by bedtime. Went in for induction today and the minute I walked in the maternity door the pains started. No induction needed and baby was born by 6pm :D:D So much easier and less stressful than my first labour and absolutely besotted with my little woman :) Good luck to all the other February mamas and hope you did ok too Kash :)

Ah that's great news!! So exciting 😊 sounds like it went quick enough for you- lucky you!!! Hope you and your little girl are doing well.

• Advertisement

Congratulations mrspostman. Hope you and baby are doing well 😄

Advertisement