Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG History predictions thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Wolfe tone could come up in revoulutiins sec 5
    I think :
    Arcahaeologist
    Plantations
    Artist outside italy
    ANCIENT ROME

Will the plantaions come up in Part B? Any other ones irish history is not my strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭KilianHarrison

Well word is that revolutions have a good chance of coming up, so make sure to learn the french and the american revolutions, and have a knowledge of the 1796 revolution. Then it wouldnt hurt to know a planter and a reformer. Don't worry about it too much , as a fellow BS'er I can tell you that with a brief knowledge of dates and event you can sail through.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

Well word is that revolutions have a good chance of coming up, so make sure to learn the french and the american revolutions, and have a knowledge of the 1796 revolution. Then it wouldnt hurt to know a planter and a reformer. Don't worry about it too much , as a fellow BS'er I can tell you that with a brief knowledge of dates and event you can sail through.
    Calms my nerves a lot, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eoingreaney

coolerboy wrote: »
    Will the plantaions come up in Part B? Any other ones irish history is not my strong point.

Maybe !!! I dont even bother with itish history u no michael collins an all dat ****

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭KilianHarrison

No worries man! Forgot to mention a cold war crisis aswell, the Berlin Blockade or Missile crisis should do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 fuhiero

My History teacher gave us a guess of what she thinks might come up in the people in History question:
    -Settler
    -Medieval Monk
    -Archaeologist on a Dig
    -Revolutionary
    -Ancient Ireland
    -Factory/Miner
    -Renaissance
    And she also predicted Revolutions for Q5, but then again so does half the country :D I'd say if we do get Revolutions for Q5 theres a slim chance of it popping up in the people in history question.
    Also plantations came up last year, so i doubt it will show up again this year but i hope it doesnt i hate the plantations
    And im not sure what way your book is laid out but i'd only look over 1st and 2nd year people in history topics, i dont even know if there are any in 3rd year~

• Registered Users Posts: 41 missdons

i have no study done for hl history tomorrow and being honest i dont know alot anyway i missed alot of school this year and i was gonna drop to ordinary level but i think i'll stick with the honours.
    all i want is a D to pass im not aiming high at all i just want to get through the paper and know what to write
    i can figure out the pictures and documents to learn
    and vocab on words etc
    but what people in historys should i focus on? and what chapters should i focus on (i have a revise wise book) also what should i focus on for question 5&6???

any advice or help will be a big help to me and i know i shouldn't but cramming has to work for me tonight. also tomorrow there is a break between french and history so i'll have time to study for the paper.
    THANK YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ais.ling

you should learn:
    a settler who received land in a named plantation
    the archaeologist
    factory owner during the industrial revolution
    and a named artist outside italy during the renaissance

LEARN THE ARCHAEOLOGIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the sexiest essay everrrrrrrrrrr

for the essays just learn the archaeologist and a planter (they probably will come up)
    revolutions for question 5 (causes of the american revolution and the results of the irish rebellion)
    renaissance or middle ages for question 6 part 1
    international relations might be hitler and the jews crap orr could be mussolini and learn the berlin blockade and you'll do fine
    may the odds be ever in your favor lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 fuhiero

ais.ling wrote: »
    LEARN THE ARCHAEOLOGIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the sexiest essay everrrrrrrrrrr

We had that one in the mocks and i could've cried i was so happy it's actual the best one

fuhiero wrote: »
    We had that one in the mocks and i could've cried i was so happy it's actual the best one

id say theyll pull out the worst essays possible out of their arses this year though ://

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

No worries man! Forgot to mention a cold war crisis aswell, the Berlin Blockade or Missile crisis should do.

that came up last year for Q6 and a people in history i think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

*1798 revolution, sorry just had to point that out in case of confusion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

that came up last year for Q6 and a people in history i think :)

It didn't come up for Q6 last year so it's practically guaranteed this year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luuuu

I dont know anything for history and of course I leave it until the night before to study! Does anyone know what might come up on the paper tomorrow?

Any chance that any Renaissance topics may peek their heads out? I'd kill for Luther or a Patron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Fwiz wrote: »
    Any chance that any Renaissance topics may peek their heads out? I'd kill for Luther or a Patron.

Doubt it, they came up last year

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

A reformer and an explorer both came up in people in history last year, so it's unlikely they'll be in Q4 again this year but they could appear in other parts of the paper

Best advice is honestly just go through your papers for the next few hours, learn as much for Q 6 as possible (idk what topics you wanna do) learn the accounts that come up most often, learn 1 revolution and look at exploration and just revise a few people in history (try doing this by just remembering key words if you're stuck for time studying)

• Advertisement

In all honesty I'm cutting the stuff you can slightly BS. Reformation onwards is a priority, skim through the accounts and such, have a long hard look at some PIHs and maybe some of the likely accounts, then just go all out on exam papers and run through marking schemes. Surely they aren't *that* harsh on marks, right?

In all honesty I'm cutting the stuff you can slightly BS. Reformation onwards is a priority, skim through the accounts and such, have a long hard look at some PIHs and maybe some of the likely accounts, then just go all out on exam papers and run through marking schemes. Surely they aren't *that* harsh on marks, right?

History is facts so yeah they can be *that* hard on marks (my mock was anyway) but you sound like you've a plan so you'll be fine, good luck! Q6 is worth the most marks so prioritise it! Just do old exam papers they repeat all the time!

Xgracie wrote: »
    History is facts so yeah they can be *that* hard on marks (my mock was anyway) but you sound like you've a plan so you'll be fine, good luck! Q6 is worth the most marks so prioritise it! Just do old exam papers they repeat all the time!

Flicking through exam papers now and I think I've chosen Social Change in 20th Century Ireland and International Relations In the 20th Century. International Relations is all dependant on just how tough Q6 (A) is though.

Flicking through exam papers now and I think I've chosen Social Change in 20th Century Ireland and International Relations In the 20th Century. International Relations is all dependant on just how tough Q6 (A) is though.

You wanna know 2 Cold War crisis' and like world war 2 you know operation Barbarossa, Battle of Britain, D Day
    Social change is pretty hard to pick up marks in!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭UnitedFan31

Know enough about Irish history e.g civil war etc. I don't know what the first account will be the fourth will be world war 2 related with cold war and moves towards European unity. I wouldn't be surprised if there's something d-day related somewhere seeing as it is the 70th anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

Predictions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

- Ancient civilisation outside Ireland, AKA Romans
    - Planter, or miner

....that's all I got so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We don't need seven or more threads on predictions for History, so merging them all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Caveat_Emptor

I can tell you that with a brief knowledge of dates and event

Pretty sure you don't actually get any marks for knowing the date/year, my teacher said you can get the year wrong and you still get full marks if the rest is okay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pretty sure you don't actually get any marks for knowing the date/year, my teacher said you can get the year wrong and you still get full marks if the rest is okay

This is true.

Advertisement