Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG History predictions thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't rely on one reformer - sometimes they ask one outside Germany - revise Calvin, he's fairly short and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

If Martin Luther and Columbus came up last year does it mean they won't come up this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

Telo123 wrote: »
    If Martin Luther and Columbus came up last year does it mean they won't come up this year?

More than likely yes, but topics do occasionally repeat two years in a row.

But I was looking through past exams and a topic was never repeated

I think plantation was repeated two years in a row, but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks any predictions on what might come up on Q5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Ok thanks any predictions on what might come up on Q5

Lot of people have been saying Revolutions.

Better learn them so

Last year revolutions looked likely but it did not come up so I'd know the Industrial Revolution and the Age of Exploration as well to be on the safe side. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Caveat_Emptor

There's no need to learn off Michaelanglo and Da Vinci. They could both be classed as Renaissance artists, so just one would be enough
    I go to an Irish school and do the exams through irish, and in irish Michelangelo doesn't count as an artist (ealaíontoir) but as a scuptor (dealbhóir) ONLY, because ealaiontoir in irish doesn't include scuptors, unlike english, it's only like a painter. At least that's what our history teacher told us
    So lucky irish speakers, more work :/

• Advertisement

After maths paper 2 had a theorem that absolutely no one expected since it was the only one in the past exams, I'm not gonna trust those patterns

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

I go to an Irish school and do the exams through irish, and in irish Michelangelo doesn't count as an artist (ealaíontoir) but as a scuptor (dealbhóir) ONLY, because ealaiontoir in irish doesn't include scuptors, unlike english, it's only like a painter. At least that's what our history teacher told us
    So lucky irish speakers, more work :/

Really,what book do.ye use?Pretty sure.ours doesnt say that.Actually ours doesnt really give titles it just puts there names on top or else your.just.supposed to write your own.

Yea thanks

Eims14 wrote: »
    Really,what book do.ye use?Pretty sure.ours doesnt say that.Actually ours doesnt really give titles it just puts there names on top or else your.just.supposed to write your own.

An Cúrsa Iomlán Staire, it's in Irish. History's the only subject that the book is actually in irish (other than irish of course)
    It's mostly plain text but it doesn't specify what type of person they are, like what question we can answer about them. The book doesn't actually say anything about the junior cert at all, it's just raw history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

An Cúrsa Iomlán Staire, it's in Irish. History's the only subject that the book is actually in irish (other than irish of course)
    It's mostly plain text but it doesn't specify what type of person they are, like what question we can answer about them. The book doesn't actually say anything about the junior cert at all, it's just raw history

What about exam papers?

Thats our book too!:0do ye have no other all irish books?!?

Thats our book too!:0do ye have no other all irish books?!?

No? We never did, we just take down A LOT of notes

No? We never did, we just take down A LOT of notes

Aw,sickened-we.get notes im science and buiness and weve irish books for.home-ec and geo

Aw,sickened-we.get notes im science and buiness and weve irish books for.home-ec and geo

A geography book in irish would have really help:/ The second section was awful because there was nothing on the edco site about it. That's where I get most notes

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

yvngceebs wrote: »
    A note came up last year, I thought?

oooh so it did, sorry about that!! You wouldn't be able to call whether a note or postcard comes up but i pray that a Postcard comes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Unless you fancy doing the international relationships in Q6 then I'm thinking we may be able to avoid learning stuff like that, as they came up in People in Histories last year i think!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

oooh so it did, sorry about that!! You wouldn't be able to call whether a note or postcard comes up but i pray that a Postcard comes up!

Love postcards! Fingers crossed! ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eoingreaney

What will come up in sec 6 Q1

What will come up in sec 6 Q1

It's very hard to predict that part, it could be any topic from 1st or 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭UnitedFan31

I'd be prepared on a question on d-day seeing as it's the 70th anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

So I didn't study. At all. I need quick fix notes on topics, particularly World War 2 and the American Revolution. I'm not aiming high because history is just too factual for me, Im more of a creative thinker. (A.K.A. an extremely good BSer). So yeah. Help me and probably many others feel a little less daunted by the amount of chapters we unfortunately have to cram for :( Im aiming for a C also, so which topics should I definitely study to ensure I get a C?
    Thankssss :D

What history accounts could come up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Tomorrow is the history exam and I havent learned any of them yet...
    Which ones are likely to come up tomorrow.
    I know an ancient civilisation (romans)will come up for part A
    What about part B, I think maybe wolfe tone or the factory or mine worker ?...
    Would be glad to receive suggestions :-D★

coolerboy wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the history exam and I havent learned any of them yet...
    Which ones are likely to come up tomorrow.
    I know an ancient civilisation (romans)will come up for part A
    What about part B, I think maybe wolfe tone or the factory or mine worker ?...
    Would be glad to receive suggestions :-D★

Wolfe tone could come up in revoulutiins sec 5
    I think :
    Arcahaeologist
    Plantations
    Artist outside italy
    ANCIENT ROME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 missdons

im doing the ol history paper tomorrow and i would like opinions on what will come up i looked at my exam papers and these topics have come up these years:

archaeologist > 2013,2011
    a named religious reformer > 2012, 2011, 2009
    explorer > 2012, 2011, 2010
    tradesman > 2013
    ancient civilisation ireland > 2013, 2012, 2010
    a knight > 2011
    renaissance artist > 2010
    political leader > 2013, 2010, 2009
    revolutionary leader > 2013, 2010
    old person talking about the changes in the countryside... > 2012, 2010
    i need to study two so if anyone wants to say what they predict it would be much appreciated
    thank you :)

Advertisement