Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Actually, just went back in there it was! Except when I clicked on it I found out it's still installing (12 hours later...)

Played two regular matchmaking games - one team oddball with two on my team and four on the other (ridiculous), and one mismatched game of team BRs that chucked us out after 2 minutes.

Starting to think Christmas buyers should be getting the free stuff too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,154 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I played more matches in an hour and a half of the beta last night than I've managed since the MCC launched. Tried MCC yesterday for a bit and it's still nowhere near fixed, 2 matches in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm playing mcc a good bit now(by my standards). I'm enjoying it despite the many problems and bugs so it would be nice if they ironed them out(doesnt look like any time soon tbh). I never get the feeling of working with a team seen as the teams don't stay together after each match. I find that means you give less of a **** and just go about doing your own thing all the time. I was invited to the odd party but didnt know how to accepts it!

With everything working my only issues would be.. I always seem to be playing slayer, there needs to be a way to play only objective games. Everyone seems to vote for slayer over them every time, cracks me up. If I wanted slayer every time i could just go into team slayer! The other thing is I would like to play halo 4 maps like we can do with 1,2 & 3. I mean, why not?

Anyway, at this rate it'll be fixed just in time for halo 5 to come out and we'll never have got to experience it's potential. But sure, ill keep at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I'm playing mcc a good bit now(by my standards). I'm enjoying it despite the many problems and bugs so it would be nice if they ironed them out(doesnt look like any time soon tbh). I never get the feeling of working with a team seen as the teams don't stay together after each match. I find that means you give less of a **** and just go about doing your own thing all the time. I was invited to the odd party but didnt know how to accepts it!

With everything working my only issues would be.. I always seem to be playing slayer, there needs to be a way to play only objective games. Everyone seems to vote for slayer over them every time, cracks me up. If I wanted slayer every time i could just go into team slayer! The other thing is I would like to play halo 4 maps like we can do with 1,2 & 3. I mean, why not?

Anyway, at this rate it'll be fixed just in time for halo 5 to come out and we'll never have got to experience it's potential. But sure, ill keep at it :)

Now that its slightly fixed I find myself just having a bit of craic rather than being serious and worrying about k/d or anything. Its probably going to take another six months if at all if they fix it properly.

yeah thats it, where as i've always been fairly halo obsessed and would play for hours, i find myself turning it off after a few games, usually after a game crashed or i played 3 games in a row where the teams were uneven!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,154 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just moved the chat about the beta to the Halo 5 thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Finished all the campaigns there two days ago. I had great craic playing them all again, really enjoyed it! Halo 4 looks really impressive on xb1 imo.

I bought bf4 2 weeks ago and haven't played this since. Biggest disappointment I've ever had in gaming. If it's fixed in a month or two its hard to imagine too many are still bothered by then. In saying that I don't think it will be fixed.

I bought bf4 2 weeks ago and haven't played this since. Biggest disappointment I've ever had in gaming. If it's fixed in a month or two its hard to imagine too many are still bothered by then. In saying that I don't think it will be fixed.

Yup, the Halo 4 playlist was added the other day so I said I'd hop on, tried to find a match for about 20 minutes and nothing. Over 2 months since release and still broken, such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I gave up playing online, sticking to the campaigns and might try online again after the next patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I took a long break from this while they sort the mess out. Have they address the issue of losing game saves halfway through a chapter? I've already had to repeat chapters on H1 and can't be bothered risking it again. Should have named it Halo: the Groundhog Day edition, because I keep having to go through the same thing over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I heard they were bringing in a cross-game Rumble Pit playlist along with a new patch. I haven't been paying attention to the game since December so when I heard they were bringing out this playlist I instantly got interested again. I've always been much of a lone-player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've gone back to it this week for the first time since end of December, working much better but still problematic at times.

How long does it take to get into a game? That was it's biggest problem imo. I'm not sure if i'll even go back to it at this stage, ive moved on!

How long does it take to get into a game? That was it's biggest problem imo. I'm not sure if i'll even go back to it at this stage, ive moved on!

I still hop in every now and then to see if it's improved and the search times are still way too long, 9 times out of ten I end up dashboarding and playing something else. Hopefully the big update they're having a beta of in the states will finally sort things out. I've pretty much moved on too though, but I'd like to be able to hop on to Halo and get a few matches in if I've an hour to kill much like I do with Titanfall. As it is you'd be lucky to get two matches in an hour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey lads and lasses,

Just bought this, and was wondering...is it not possible to do a co-op campaign level with randoms? Does it have to be friends?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey lads and lasses,

Just bought this, and was wondering...is it not possible to do a co-op campaign level with randoms? Does it have to be friends?

Got to be with friends I'm afraid, good crowd of us here that can give you a dig out!

To be fair to the game, whilst the matchmaking issues were ongoing, and I was feeling hard done by, I ended up playing Halo 2 Anniversary campaign co-op....then Halo 4...then Halo 3 co-op....now moving onto Halo 1 co-op and Spartan Ops is after that.

With ODST also on the way, really can't say that the game doesn't offer phenomenal value regardless of a few issues.

To be fair to the game, whilst the matchmaking issues were ongoing, and I was feeling hard done by, I ended up playing Halo 2 Anniversary campaign co-op....then Halo 4...then Halo 3 co-op....now moving onto Halo 1 co-op and Spartan Ops is after that.

With ODST also on the way, really can't say that the game doesn't offer phenomenal value regardless of a few issues.

Any date set for ODST?

I traded mine in, no interest in the campaign, had completed them all before anyway

• Advertisement

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/3-3-15-halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes

Another content update. This is hardly the one they were bangin' on about the last month and a bit, is it? - the "be all/end all" of updates to "fix everything"?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/3-3-15-halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes

Another content update. This is hardly the one they were bangin' on about the last month and a bit, is it? - the "be all/end all" of updates to "fix everything"?

Yeah I think it's the one that there was meant to be a beta for originally. Reaction on reddit seems pretty positive.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's the one that there was meant to be a beta for originally. Reaction on reddit seems pretty positive.

I'm an optimistic guy so yeah I'm pretty anxious to see as well. I'd stay away from the official game's forums. Some load of pessimistic, begrudging, cynical (but very friendly!) people on there :P

it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed it just after i traded it! ill buy it back in a year or so if it's working 100% and i no longer feel bitter :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Haven't have the time recently to play - must get the update so next time I do have 30 mins I'm not staring at a 1GB download!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

I really hope you can stay in a playlist after the match has finished now

Add me for a few games. I've a serious lack of gamer friends :)

Gamertag is - Red Eyed Ripp3r

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've played a handful of games over the last week or two and it wasn't too bad. Lack of post-game lobby still a killer.

Will give it another go at the weekend.

Meanwhile on reddit today, this took some dedication!

The lack of a post game lobby was something they patched in a few months ago rather than a bug, no idea what the thinking behind it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The lack of a post game lobby was something they patched in a few months ago rather than a bug, no idea what the thinking behind it was though.

I can't imagine they promoted that "fix" too much before the patch

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any date set for ODST?

I was only looking last night and couldn't find anything. They had said spring.

Advertisement