Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    from what i could gather was 3 playlists were working properly, with ranking, but the btb still didnt work?

BTB was grand any time I played it recently, and it hadn't worked for me for a very long time. They're adding ranking to a few more playlists pretty soon I think, not sure which ones. I think the game specific playlists like Halo 3, Halo 4 etc were earmarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

The only issues I had were any games in Halo or Halo 2, regardless of playlist.

Everything else seemed to be working fine, been a good while since I played it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

when my battlefield love wanes ill give it another shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What would this game sell for second hand? I'm thinking of letting mine go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Trilla wrote: »
    What would this game sell for second hand? I'm thinking of letting mine go.

Don't do it man! Since it came out in November I'd say you will get about €15 quid for it, don't take my word for it though.

But I learned my lesson, never selling a game ever again, not worth it. I'd only end up buying a KFC with the money :p

• Advertisement

Bad news on ODST, report came out to state 343 announced that MS happened to be listed by mistake.
    So no ODST this Friday :(

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Bad news on ODST, report came out to state 343 announced that MS happened to be listed by mistake.
    So no ODST this Friday :(

How in the name of christ did they manage to do that? (or lack thereof)

How in the name of christ did they manage to do that? (or lack thereof)

Not sure;

But here's the updated report

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21233-Halo-3--ODST-Remastered-Release-Date-Listed-%5BUpdated--It-Was-Wrong%5D.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i got about 30e trade off it a few months ago, hoping by time its fixed i can pick it up second hand for nothing. If it's never fixed i'll just leave it obviously, single player is not for me

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got a code for ODST there.

• Advertisement

As did I...weird mix up of communications over the last week

Looks like the people who purchased on release are getting it early
    Everyone else needs to wait

Anyway wahey! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Got the code kicked off install. Froze at 89% then completed. Now the game can't be found anywhere but say its installed. : (

Got the code kicked off install. Froze at 89% then completed. Now the game can't be found anywhere but say its installed. : (

Did you check under the Halo 3 tab within the MCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Ha ha ha uninstalled and re installed MCC last night. Well started it last night think it would fix it.

Thanks man. Just assumed it would be listed as a separate game.

More achievement glitches, now with ODST :/
    Game completion ones not coming in etc..

Even the ones from a couple of months ago have still not unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Glad to have sold this for 22 quid
    Glad to unfollow this thread also

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Booted this up on a whim over the weekend, I bought it at launch, but the sate of it left me very sour - and I must confess, I wasn't the biggest halo fan to begin with.

anyway, rather than punishing myself with legenday, I hopped into combat evolved on regular difficulty.I'm almost speedrunning it as the enemies arent radically tough, but I'd forgotten what a solid game it really is. gunplay is great, taking on mobs of enemies, circle strafing like a loon and closing in for the killing blow with a melee is incredibly satisfying. There are tons of little details I didnt remember from the time I played it on the old xbox - the chatter from the human soldiers "save some for me" , "that corpse just moved!" etc etc are all really cool.

i knocked out about 40% of the campaign, (just completed the silent cartographer). looking forward to tackling more later.

Ugh, the flood.

the HD remaster masks the repetitive level layout somewhat, starting the library now - a particularly bad offender if memory serves me rightly.

Ugh, the flood.

the HD remaster masks the repetitive level layout somewhat, starting the library now - a particularly bad offender if memory serves me rightly.

Should be online this evening if you're around.
    Can give you a hand with it. It's a major drag of a level but easier in coop.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Should be online this evening if you're around.
    Can give you a hand with it. It's a major drag of a level but easier in coop.

Cool, it all depends on the kids going to sleep but I reckon I'll be on after nine ish

• Advertisement

Ranks have been added to the Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Team Hardcore and Team Doubles playlists.

Finished Combat Evolved last night,

still a great game thats only let down slightly by so overly repetitious / bland level design on a few interior levels.
    also - those terminals that they added were really cool imo. fleshed out the story in a big way and actually has me more interested in playing on.

looking forward to jumping into part 2 now and checking out all those fancy cutscenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I beat Halo CE on Legendary and now I'm playing through Halo 2 Legendary.

Jackal Snipers. Jackal Snipers everywhere. This is going to be a tough Campaign to finish.

Awch! They took away Rumble Pit. I only like playing on my own. Not fair :(

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still there. Didn't recognize the "Halo 2 Anniversary Rumble Playlist". I was looking for "Rumble Pit" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played my first bit of matchmaking in months lastnight, quick game of SWAT and then a BTB.

REALLY noticed an improvement - quick to find and set up matches, no lag or connection issues whatsoever.

Aye I was playing it a fair bit again before the 2nd Destiny expansion came out and pulled me away, was able to find games quickly on pretty much every playlist.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aye I was playing it a fair bit again before the 2nd Destiny expansion came out and pulled me away, was able to find games quickly on pretty much every playlist.

played up to the first Arbiter mission in Halo 2 last night,

what an improvement over Halo CE, far more focused level, design, more weapons, more enemy variety.

Those new cinematics are amazing too. I never thought i'd be pumped to go home and play a 12 year old game with a fresh coat of paint on it.

played up to the first Arbiter mission in Halo 2 last night,

what an improvement over Halo CE, far more focused level, design, more weapons, more enemy variety.

Those new cinematics are amazing too. I never thought i'd be pumped to go home and play a 12 year old game with a fresh coat of paint on it.

I haven't touched Halo 2 yet, mostly been playing multiplayer when I go near it and want to play the campaigns in order on Legendary. I started CE on Legendary and I'm just under half way through I think, it's ridiculously hard (just plain cheap really tbh), makes the Souls games look like a cake walk.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I haven't touched Halo 2 yet, mostly been playing multiplayer when I go near it and want to play the campaigns in order on Legendary. I started CE on Legendary and I'm just under half way through I think, it's ridiculously hard (just plain cheap really tbh), makes the Souls games look like a cake walk.

I had great aspirations of doing that, but theres no way you could do it solo, the AI is a complete deadeye, and if you watch the minimap, they constantly swarm to your position, regardless of whether or not they could have seen you. I'm running and gunning like mad now on normal difficulty, but I'll still pick up a death here and there due to carelessness. Tbh, I'd probably only end up getting frustrated if it was any harder.

EDIT - also, those par scores and times are nearly impossible to hit.

• Advertisement

I had great aspirations of doing that, but theres no way you could do it solo, the AI is a complete deadeye, and if you watch the minimap, they constantly swarm to your position, regardless of whether or not they could have seen you. I'm running and gunning like mad now on normal difficulty, but I'll still pick up a death here and there due to carelessness. Tbh, I'd probably only end up getting frustrated if it was any harder.

The lack of BR in the first game doesn't help either, you have no option to hang back and pick enemies off without it.

Advertisement