Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wish Sony would cop on and match MS with preload date. 2 days to download 50 gbs isn't enough for some people i.e. me

Is it only 2 days before? :(

I have 30mb BB, but the ps4 is absolutely shít at picking up my wifi.
    It says d/l speed of 2.2mb when I do a speedtest in the settings menu.

I might have to hard wire it to router to get that 50gig download done :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is it only 2 days before? :(

I have 30mb BB, but the ps4 is absolutely shít at picking up my wifi.
    It says d/l speed of 2.2mb when I do a speedtest in the settings menu.

I might have to hard wire it to router to get that 50gig download done :pac:

I had the same issue a few months back, bought the ffx remaster deelie, it was 23 gig or some ****, had to bring the ps down to the bloody router to get the dl done.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I had the same issue a few months back, bought the ffx remaster deelie, it was 23 gig or some ****, had to bring the ps down to the bloody router to get the dl done.

I had the same issues initially with weak wifi signal on my xbone, a pair of homeplugs sorted it out, also may improve multiplayer performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And did anyone ever find out what the Max level was online?

Got friends in the high 300s not sure what the limit is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I believe the max level is 999.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I've seen a few over 1000, though not any recently. I think anyone above 600/650 at the moment has glitched or hacked or whatever the kids call it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MOD NOTE: Changing thread title from 'GTAV comes to next gen consoles..(and PC)' to 'GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!' as this looks to be the main discussion thread for Next Gen and I want to make sure new players don't get things spoiled for them. If you are discussing something to do with the story, highlight any information that might be considered as Spoilers and hit the spoiler button. Same note added to the 1st post also. Thanks.

GTA V Next Gen is already popping up on Twitch as people already have their hands on copies (not sure how, but looks like Yootoobers review/playthrough copies with embargo's) so I wanted to update this thread as to say carefuly when posting story spoilers. Hopefully we won't see many spoilers as a lot of people already played it and might be very tempting to say 'Mission x where you kill y looks so much better in 1st person'. Then there is the PC release which will follow but there is already a GTA V PC thread knocking around.

Mod Hat back off :) I am gonna start the game and play completely to the end in 1st person mode, see how it goes. I usually hate FPS driving in Sandbox games but will give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Do ye think this will sell out on day one?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Do ye think this will sell out on day one?

Xtravision told me they 'will only be getting a limited amount so it will be important to preorder early'. I remember shops selling out last year and was it 2 or 4 weeks before the 2nd batch arrived at shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I've seen a few over 1000, though not any recently. I think anyone above 600/650 at the moment has glitched or hacked or whatever the kids call it these days.

In a session with a LVL 1000 right now. Watching him on telly and he's just standing around while 2 others are lobbing bombs and firing missiles at him to no effect.

...and just as I type this he leaves the session or got kicked. His name was something like "Mr. Beat Modz" so I doubt the level 1000 was reached legitimately.

I managed to get a pic of his profile before he split. Look at his K/D ratio. He must just go around in god mode killing players all day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

TacoMan wrote: »
    In a session with a LVL 1000 right now. Watching him on telly and he's just standing around while 2 others are lobbing bombs and firing missiles at him to no effect.

...and just as I type this he leaves the session or got kicked. His name was something like "Mr. Beat Modz" so I doubt the level 1000 was reached legitimately.

I managed to get a pic of his profile before he split. Look at his K/D ratio. He must just go around in god mode killing players all day...

40.50 K/D

Its probably a new enough account, I'd guess he got killed twice but took out 81 players.

Cvg v o clock have a new q and a video out. They say there will be an sp dlc coming out that will focus on a new character, be about 20 hours long and will be like the ballad of gay tony to gta 4. Not sure if that's just for next gen or last gen as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pre order this on Amazon to get the $1m cash bonus. How long generally would it take to earn that sort of money otherwise?

First time I'll be playing multiplayer on this. Will there be a boards crew for ps4?

Blatter wrote: »
    Pre order this on Amazon to get the $1m cash bonus. How long generally would it take to earn that sort of money otherwise?

First time I'll be playing multiplayer on this. Will there be a boards crew for ps4?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Blatter wrote: »
    Cheers, request sent.

Invite sent back to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just in time for GTAV, I'm coming down with what is I suspect the flu.....or ebola, although I not the latter I hope. :eek:

Struggling in work today but if it lasts until the turn of the week I could be due some sick days, some GTAV sick days :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just in time for GTAV, I'm coming down with what is I suspect the flu.....or ebola, although I not the latter I hope. :eek:

Struggling in work today but if it lasts until the turn of the week I could be due some sick days, some GTAV sick days :pac:

I'm away with work that week as luck would have it.
    I'll be back for the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Pre-ordered this on Amazon today, decided not to go with the US Store in case there are issues with transferring characters over or not been able to buy shark cards (although I don't plan on doing that anyway). Now I just have to drag myself away from Destiny for a couple of hours to actually play it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I wonder will Amazon deliver this early like they did the last gen release? Parcel Motel better text me on Monday morning! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Ordered from simplygames still not dispatched yet hope i get it on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mutley18 wrote: »
    I wonder will Amazon deliver this early like they did the last gen release? Parcel Motel better text me on Monday morning! ;)

I'm in the same boat as yourself, would love to have a txt Monday morning saying I could collect it :pac:

I'll settle for Wednesday, at the latest, if its not here by then I'll be on my own rampage. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Level 1,000? And that's probably not even the cap? What's the point in that? And it's so hard to level up because of how long it can take on gtao. Don't understand why they'd set what's an unachievable level for the average person. At least with call of duty you know there's an end to what you put into it when prestiging

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Level 1,000? And that's probably not even the cap? What's the point in that? And it's so hard to level up because of how long it can take on gtao. Don't understand why they'd set what's an unachievable level for the average person. At least with call of duty you know there's an end to what you put into it when prestiging

Why bother capping it?

Why would they want you to even have the opportunity to think "Well, I've reached max level. Guess I'm done now."

They clearly want GTA:O to stick around for years, at the very least until GTAVI which could be 5 or more years away.

1000 levels in 6-7 years isn't wholly impossible.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Why bother capping it?

Why would they want you to even have the opportunity to think "Well, I've reached max level. Guess I'm done now."

They clearly want GTA:O to stick around for years, at the very least until GTAVI which could be 5 or more years away.

1000 levels in 6-7 years isn't wholly impossible.

Didn't think about that actually, it's true because up until the launch of 5 people were still playing 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as yourself, would love to have a txt Monday morning saying I could collect it :pac:

I'll settle for Wednesday, at the latest, if its not here by then I'll be on my own rampage. :mad:

I'm gonna remain optimistic as I signed up for the one month trial of Amazon Prime which includes 1 day delivery. I sent it to the Belfast depot so hopefully it gets there fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Benzino wrote: »
    Pre-ordered this on Amazon today, decided not to go with the US Store in case there are issues with transferring characters over or not been able to buy shark cards (although I don't plan on doing that anyway). Now I just have to drag myself away from Destiny for a couple of hours to actually play it haha.

Did the same myself for the same reasons. I'll get Far Cry 4 on the US store, that will keep me busy if it arrives at all late.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Didn't think about that actually, it's true because up until the launch of 5 people were still playing 4.

And with mods like this, I'm seriously tempted to go back for another playthrough. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And with mods like this, I'm seriously tempted to go back for another playthrough. :pac:

Yeah, was mind blown first time I saw the quality of graphic mods like icehancer for PC, wonder what they'll have done with GTA 5 in a year or two. If there's good support for occulus on GTA 5 PC with the first person view I think I'll finally build a rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

actual_1415894021.jpg

Advertisement