Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox One here tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Hi,
    I picked it up for the PS4 and finally renewed my PS+ last night. Whats the story with online? Seems awful daunting tbh, do you just go around doing races and jobs to build up money for cars and houses?

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I picked it up for the PS4 and finally renewed my PS+ last night. Whats the story with online? Seems awful daunting tbh, do you just go around doing races and jobs to build up money for cars and houses?

Here's a little starting guide to help you out :)

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/gta-v-online-guide-how-to-play-what-to-do-how-to-earn-money-and-reputation-

Overall, it's just silly fun. enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the update incredibly slow for anyone else? It's going up by .1 mb per second for me.

My connection isn't super fast but there's no way it's that slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Hi,

Join our crew here http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie and we'll help ya out.

In freemode you can mess around with crew and shoot randomers.

Missions, races & deathmatches to win cash & rp are not in freemode, you have to join them from freemode. I'm probably explaining it wrong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Join our crew here http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie and we'll help ya out.

In freemode you can mess around with crew and shoot randomers.

Missions, races & deathmatches to win cash & rp are not in freemode, you have to join them from freemode. Probably explaining it wrong :pac:

Cheers, I'll join now. :)
    Sounds like a good laugh alright.

Cheers, I'll join now. :)
    Sounds like a good laugh alright.

Invite sent back to ya, just accept it and yer in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New patch out but somethings weird, it started for me with 800mbs already installed. It's like a fix patch for the last patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Friend and myself are tying to play. Proving impossible. He keeps getting kicked from games. When he does avoid kicking then the lag is ridiculous. Nothing wrong with his connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Can you place your crew logo anywhere else but your hood on your car?

And how do I change it on my t-shirt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Can you place your crew logo anywhere else but your hood on your car?

And how do I change it on my t-shirt?

Not sure about the car but you can buy the crew t-shirts in the clothes shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Not sure about the car but you can buy the crew t-shirts in the clothes shops.

All proceeds go to the, 'buy Max and Kesh a ps4' foundation.

#Pray4Kesh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

JUst joined the crew as well :D

Just noticed you can zoom in the old way with the sniper if you turn off "movement with sniper"

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Just noticed you can zoom in the old way with the sniper if you turn off "movement with sniper"

Yupp turned that off right away :)

Rockstar picked some of their favorite snapmatic pics. Some unreal ones here.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52354/stunning-snapmatics-captured-on-playstation-4-and-xbox-one

Ka70CCA2D0aUwlUy1fSRVg_0_0.jpg

hKmDrPL_yE-KbU3LaDy42w_0_0.jpg

dy7IJgpI0U6CIMZ3byEh4g_0_0.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    New patch out but somethings weird, it started for me with 800mbs already installed. It's like a fix patch for the last patch.

Oh no...not battlefieldtitus...please god no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody on ps4 want 7k, iv a bounty on me

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

people that finished this on ps3/ps4

how much are you enjoying playing it again, is it worth it? any new story parts? ive forgotten most of story anyway!

ordered it off VGP hopefully here this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

pittsburgh wrote: »

how much are you enjoying playing it again, is it worth it? any new story parts? ive forgotten most of story anyway!

I only played through the story once and that was at release, didn't platinum it either, so the replay is pretty fresh for me. Trying to do it all in 1st person view too, which has made it an entirely new game. It looks beautiful! There's a few new little side missions, and new cars/guns. Nothing majorly different, but 1st person is madness. In a good way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I called over to a fellow boardsie's house last night to have a look on his PS4.
    I was well and truly blown away by the way the game plays in FPV, I'm sold I tells ye, I'm buying a PS4 and a new copy of V the first chance I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody having trouble unlocking the Pimp My Sidearm Trophy on PS4?
    I've done it multiple times but it won't pop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble unlocking the Pimp My Sidearm Trophy on PS4?
    I've done it multiple times but it won't pop :(
    Lots of problems with trophies on next gen. A few trophies including Pimp My Sidearm have popped for me on PS4 but none at all are showing up on social club. Loads of people are having this problem as can be seen on the Rockstar support pages and GTA forums. I submitted a ticket to Rockstar about it on Saturday, haven't heard back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I've found the tow truck missions way harder than on the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

pittsburgh wrote: »

I put 50 hours into the PS3 version, and the same again into the online. and im hooked again. 20 hour across the 3 characters so far with 22% of the game complete, and for the last 10 hours all i've been doing is going around the map in First person mode with HUD and Map turned off being amazed by the detail in everything. Its seriously like a new experience in First person, i wasn't completely sold on it originally, but now i cant play it in 3rd person mode.

To anyone playing in first person mode, you should go into the options and max out the field of view slider, and change control type so run is like a regular shooter with L3 for run instead of X. First person mode didnt click for me until i done this.

Time Lapse

gtav_tl_gif_by_chabbles-d87gucg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

First person mode is the sheeit.

ibty6ZOKxEQyVn.png
    i5veYoo3H1sM0.png
    iHhyreCPYK9sY.png
    ibslae04YPhCVZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Does anyone else get kicked randomly from online or have difficulty finding a game?

Also, my SP game has changed Michael's car from an Obey to some sh1tty red sedan, what gives there?

Does anyone else get kicked randomly from online or have difficulty finding a game?

Also, my SP game has changed Michael's car from an Obey to some sh1tty red sedan, what gives there?

Yeah, I get randomly kicked. Sometimes have problems finding a game, more so it takes a long time to find a game but eventually does. I like to blame it on my crappy 6mb/300kb connection :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah, I get randomly kicked. Sometimes have problems finding a game, more so it takes a long time to find a game but eventually does. I like to blame it on my crappy 6mb/300kb connection :P

Cheers man.

I don't have a problem with my connection tho, it's really pissing me off that I can't play online properly for any good length of time. Got kicked tonight, tried to rejoin and it placed me in a server on my own. Joined a job, finished a race and then went to replay it but it wouldn't jump back into the thing with the others.

Advertisement