Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car jacker killed in Dublin crash ***mod note first post: read before posting***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are borderline sociopath.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

Did you read the article? They robbed and assaulted a taxi driver robbing him of the vehicle he needs to work. And to top it off they narrowly avoided hitting another innocent motorist who could have been injured or killed if they did.

So **** those guys. They showed no concern for others, i've no concern for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

It's hard to feel any sympathy for the carjackers yes, but some of the comments are way OTT.

At the end of the day it's still someones son, someone's brother, maybe someones father.

Your correct, its very sad for the family and maybe a few friends.
    If he was my mate id be distancing myself from him pretty quickly.

I was recently a victim of crime and I can tell you that the f**kers deserve no sympathy for the inconsiderate behaviour. As all the sh1t going on in my life.

Did they give a f**k about the taxi driver or the fact that he can earn no money for a few days. Or the fact his head is probably going to be messed up for a little while. Did they F**K!

Oh and do you think they thought of their family when they nicked the car this morning. Did they F**K!
    Selfish twats.

A little less sympathy and a little more lets stand together to these sh1te bags and these wa*kerish behaviour and maybe they'll disappear.
    But no lets keep giving them a free go at commiting another crime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dub45 wrote: »
    It didn't happen in James Street. So much for news sources getting basic facts correct.

Did it not happen around mount brown a more residential area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

At the end of the day it's still someones son,

What if he was a test-tube baby?

Mod

Hey guys, I know this is a very emotive topic and empathy for the deceased is quite rightly at a minimum, however as he is not the one reading this can we please just hold back a little and bear some amount of thought for his family who are effectively innocent.

Like I said, I know it's emotive and it's not the man himself who is deserving of empathy, but his family haven't committed any crime.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fair enough. I'm just such a forgiving soul. :pac:

If it was my taxi i'd probably be doing cartwheels that one of them died.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Unfortunately, that does not make him any better a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Couldn't have a met a nicer fella. Pity about the lack of facilities in the locality.

And no doubt the old line "talented and promising sportsman,, played for local team etc." Will be trotted out.
    The number of promising sportsmen who get shot or killed is astonishing. There should be a health warning about being good at sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Why rob a car if you don't know how to drive it properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement

Thats it, i'm moving to South Africa !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sorry for the family and the taxi driver, not feeling much sympathy for the deceased though, something about one's expectations whilst partaking in pyro related recreation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

Senseless waste of life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

maybe karma does exist after all?---please jubus prove me right and have the skanger driver die too and hopefully in a load of pain:D.

the only person i feel sorry for here is the poor taximan:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trancemuzic

Another waste of a life :(

Thank god nobody else was injured and hopefully the taxi driver will be back to work soon

I don't really understand the comment's on here , there will always be young guys like this that are growing up surrounded by crime and there will always be lads that will make stupid decisions and steal cars like these lads did today

I don't think if they end up dead that it should be a cause for celebration ,

We would all love to live in a country where crimes never happen and everybody respects one another, but that will never be the case , society they way it is means that this kind of thing will always happen eventually

We should all just hope that when it does happen we are lucky enough that it is not our own son or daughter that has died

all parents want to have kids that make the right decision's, but statistically some kids will always make the wrong one ,like the lad that stole the taxi . I just hope that when my son is old enough and getting out into the world that he will be lucky enough to stay away from stuff like this and always make the right decisions

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Presumably the driver will be done for manslaughter (at a minimum) since the death of the passenger occurred during the committing of a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ireland is Lawless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

all parents want to have kids that make the right decision's, but statistically some kids will always make the wrong one

There seems to be somewhat of a dichotomy as to what are the right decisions though, some parents seem to think that would be to get a job, stay on the right side of the law and become a useful part of society, others simply to not get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Another waste of a life :(

Thank god nobody else was injured and hopefully the taxi driver will be back to work soon

I don't really understand the comment's on here , there will always be young guys like this that are growing up surrounded by crime and there will always be lads that will make stupid decisions and steal cars like these lads did today

I don't think if they end up dead that it should be a cause for celebration ,

We would all love to live in a country where crimes never happen and everybody respects one another, but that will never be the case , society they way it is means that this kind of thing will always happen eventually

We should all just hope that when it does happen we are lucky enough that it is not our own son or daughter that has died

all parents want to have kids that make the right decision's, but statistically some kids will always make the wrong one ,like the lad that stole the taxi . I just hope that when my son is old enough and getting out into the world that he will be lucky enough to stay away from stuff like this and always make the right decisions

The fact they didn't seriously injure/kill anyone but themselves is a cause for celebration you are damn right. They had no respect for anyone else's lives why should people have respect for theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

What a tragic waste...

Poles are expensive to repair you know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I just hope that when my son is old enough and getting out into the world that he will be lucky enough to stay away from stuff like this and always make the right decisions
    "Lucky"? Yeh, it's society for being the way it is... rather than... y'know, personal responsibility.
    To be fair, the problem does go deeper than the individual, and there are the societal/environmental aspects, but at the end of the day, the decision is made by the individual.
    It's not cause for celebration that he's dead, but it's not cause for hand-wringing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

So what?
    He committed a crime, unlikely to have been his first, he could have mown thru a packed bus stop or run a red light & killed innocents. He deserves neither sympathy nor tears, I for one won't give him a second thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I don't feel like celebrating when someone dies on the roads, no matter who they are are what they did.

Posters here and on the journal sure do their best to highlight what's worst about Irish society sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

spurious wrote: »
    Presumably the driver will be done for manslaughter (at a minimum) since the death of the passenger occurred during the committing of a crime.

The driver will probably sue him for getting blood on he trackie!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Posters here and on the journal sure do their best to highlight what's worst about Irish society sometimes.

Even if people held a street party to celebrate the guys death it wouldn't be the worst aspect of irish society,not when theres little ****ers out violently robbign people of their possessions then killing/injuring themselves and others as a result. Then theres even worse scumbags around doing various other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Ruairi Quinn should resign immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I don't feel like celebrating when someone dies on the roads, no matter who they are are what they did.
    Me neither.
    Like assaulting a taxi-driver and hijacking his vehicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

tritium wrote: »
    What a tragic waste...

Poles are expensive to repair you know!

Has it been reported what kind of pole it was? Phone or electricity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Magaggie wrote: »
    Me neither.

Like assaulting a taxi-driver and hijacking his vehicle?

Like chomping at the bit, no, frothing at the mouth, to direct a bit of vitriolic abuse at every opportunity.

Advertisement